• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I totally understand that it's only $10 so we shouldn't expect a ton of content. But Hearts of Stone in Witcher 3 showed us what kind of value is possible at a similar price point.
There were also several months of development between the release of The Witcher 3 and Hearts of Stone, whereas Insomniac hired writers for these DLCs in July / August and released this one just over a month after the main game so I don't think these two are comparable due to their different development schedules.

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the DLC, really liked it overall, if you have patience and can wait to play all 3 pieces of DLC at once I would say to do so. Took me around 5 hours to 100 percent on Ultimate. Really loved the set pieces they had in here.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There were also several months of development between the release of The Witcher 3 and Hearts of Stone, whereas Insomniac hired writers for these DLCs in July / August and released this one just over a month after the main game so I don't think these two are comparable due to their different development schedules.

Right but at the end of the day, development schedule is kind of irrelevant to the consumer. It's about the value they receive (price relative to amount of content and its quality). That said, I realize that Hearts of Stone is arguably the best DLC of its price point of all time. So it spoiled us.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I finished the DLC and all the extras and I love it. Cool storyline, fun activities, great world building and interactions. Idk what more you want from one piece of DLC.

Agreed. Sometimes I just don't understand what people expect out of dlc, everything is not gonna be like Heart of Stone. Someone a couple of pages back even said that TLOU: Left Behind was only worth 3$

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
It depends on what you think GaaS is, it seems like most Era think it means MP focused games with MTX but according to the NPD any game with continued support after launch is GaaS.

GaaS to me is a game that evolves and grows in tandem with the wants of the community. Like Rocket League and Fortnite - they bring in features and improvements that people are actually asking for in order to retain a playerbase.

Spider-Man doesn't fit that bill because they will have a DLC plan already completely marked out i.e. the three DLC chapters and some updates like NG+ - that's what we're getting and that's it.

OP
OP
bombshell

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Digital Chumps 9/10
The ending of this first installment of the DLC certainly ends on a cliffhanger, leaving us excited for November's content. Whether you play it now or wait until all three DLCs are out, The Heist is definitely worth the price of admission and the four hours it takes to complete.

Game Revolution 4/5
Spider-Man's first episode is fantastic in almost all the same ways that the main game is. It has a great script with well-realized characters and a combat and traversal gameplay loop that is almost endlessly satisfying.

IGN 7.8/10
Black Cat's intro is great, but the first DLC episode feels more like a first act than satisfying, standalone content.

PlayStation LifeStyle 6.5/10
While The Heist has a strong story—or at least the start of one—it doesn't fill out the world or give Peter any additional gameplay growth.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Beat it last night, I really enjoyed it tbh.

Story was interesting and I liked the chemistry between Felicia and Peter. The plot was cool with a more than decent cliff hanger for the next dlc episode and I liked the additional side activities insomniac put in.

Im satisfied and looking forward to the next chapter in a month! I actually just want them to be longer eps :P

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Played it over the course of yesterday and today and I enjoyed it. I pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition of the game so I'd say I've gotten my value's worth so far.

I kind of look as the DLC as just the first act of the Expansion Pack (which it is essentially what it is.) I thought the opening mission in the Art House and the closing mission at the warehouse have been the best missions so far in the game overall.

Having played it now, the "Silver Lining" DLC is definitely going to be Silver Sable.
What with the mob now finding themselves in possession of her weapons, it only makes sense.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
While I liked it, I thought it was way too short. Yes, I'm aware that there's more coming, but I didn't find the side-quests that compelling... So was hoping for more story-wise.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Played through it, liked it well enough but I guess I'll have to wait for the second and third parts to say whether or not it was all worth it, but if they're generally as good as the first I think all three together would be worth the price if you really liked the base game.

No way Black Cat's dead, of course. Wished to have seen more of Hammerhead, but I assume he's the central character of the next part like Black Cat was for this one.

I did think it was funny that Walter Hardy swears Peter to secrecy about him being alive, but there's a Daily Bugle you can pick up after completing his sidequest that has his comeback as the front cover.

And hey, why doesn't Screwball have her own character profile in the menu?

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Seriously, am I the only one having MAJOR issues with the DLC? Unpolished as hell; I have subtitles enabled, and as soon as I get into a mission I can hear cutscene stuff going on (and the subtitles reflect it), but my game is stuck on a loading screen not showing ANYTHING (e.g. that day/nighttime transition screen). And BAM, I'm dumped into a mission without any context.

What the hell?

Nov 7, 2017
Seriously, am I the only one having MAJOR issues with the DLC? Unpolished as hell; I have subtitles enabled, and as soon as I get into a mission I can hear cutscene stuff going on (and the subtitles reflect it), but my game is stuck on a loading screen not showing ANYTHING (e.g. that day/nighttime transition screen). And BAM, I'm dumped into a mission without any context.

What the hell?

This happened to me as well. Not sure what the problem is. I had to rewatch several scenes via Youtube.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto