• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ronaldthump

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the late 1950's there were a string of serial killings in a large Midwestern city. They never were "solved." At the time, the police had no suspects and the victims were all prostitutes. They were mostly high school aged. The victims had one other thing in common. They all had been runaways so had no family locally. At the time, there was no suspect for the police to chase and with relatives of the murdered distant in miles or uncaring, they were moved to a cold case file. About a decade later, there were two other prostitutes killed in similar fashion as to the victims in the late 1950's.

This time the police had a suspect. The problem was for them, the suspect was an A list singer. A singer who had powerful friends behind him who were all making a lot of money because of the singing. A huge sum of money was paid to certain police officers and city officials. The singer was never charged, let alone questioned by police.

When that happened, the singer stopped his killing for a number of years. Later in his life, the pattern emerged again. Always desperate for drugs, he would pay for prostitutes and then send them out for drugs. When they came back with the drugs, he would beat them. A few times, under the influence of drugs, he would take it too far and they ended up dead. Again, nothing was done. A couple of the women who survived the beatings and heard rumors that others were killed, tried to say something and report the now icon to the police but, instead, would be arrested on drug charges and told to let it go or they would face long jail sentences.

Marvin Gaye

From Crazy Day and Nights - the blog that was hinting at Harvey Weinstein for ages before it all came tumbling out.

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2018/01/blind-items-revealed-29.html

I read this the other day from top to bottom and the reveal caught me by surprise. I also found out later that Marvin Gaye ended up poor and broke and moved back to his family home where he subsequently was shot by his father and died. What a day. My mind was blown.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
This time the police had a suspect. The problem was for them, the suspect was an A list singer. A singer who had powerful friends behind him who were all making a lot of money because of the singing. A huge sum of money was paid to certain police officers and city officials. The singer was never charged, let alone questioned by police.

I guess it's not theoretically impossible, but come on. He wasn't this powerful.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
If you go by the stories on this blog, the recording industry literally owned the police in its heyday. The level of protection they could get for their talent seems kind of ridiculous, which makes this all seem fictional. But then you look at how scandal-free most musicians' careers have been when you know there's got to be some crazy stories...

ann3nova.

Oct 27, 2017
N3EtCVT.jpg

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the site hasn't been wrong (has it?)

But unless it's picked up by news sources, probably not best to post it yet

The site has a massive list of accusations, the vast vast majority of them haven't been proven either true or false. It's had a couple correct. I wouldn't believe it as an accurate source, iirc the stories are by a number of sources.

I'd say the website is nothing more than rumour peddling despite being right on occasion.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This was the type of post I was sure was going to end with ...

"And that boy's name was Albert Einstein!"

Why are you posting this slanderous unsourced drivel

OP
OP
ronaldthump

ronaldthump

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The site has a massive list of accusations, the vast vast majority of them haven't been proven either true or false. It's had a couple correct. I wouldn't believe it as an accurate source, iirc the stories are by a number of sources.

I'd say the website is nothing more than rumour peddling despite being right on occasion.

A lot of the blind items gets revealed later and they are revealed to be correct. It's more than right on occasion.

Can't wait for the keanu rape lawsuit if that one pens out to be true. It's meant to drop in 2018

Deleted member 11157

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If this is true, why hasn't anyone else reported on this? Smells fishy unless we're to believe Marvin Gaye was singing at the all star game and then murdering later in the evening like Dexter and the cops were telling everyone to back off on this even though they could have caught a serial killer and been heroes.

Deleted member 19003

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like you could put almost any singer/celeb name from the 50's in there and the conspiracy would sound the same.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
You're telling me a black dude in the 50s was too powerful for police to arrest.

Right.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Dean Martin and Ike Turner also were in the area during the time period and have been fingered as possible suspects.

The flaw with pinning it on Gaye is that he wasn't really a famous singer in the 50s, it wasn't until 1962 that he started getting popular. During the 1950s his records were all dismal failures.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's some interesting fanfiction you posted there (funny aside, phone tried to autocorrect 'fanfiction' to 'fabrication'. Even the machines know this is BS!)

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you go by the stories on this blog, the recording industry literally owned the police in its heyday. The level of protection they could get for their talent seems kind of ridiculous, which makes this all seem fictional. But then you look at how scandal-free most musicians' careers have been when you know there's got to be some crazy stories...
hell professional wrestlers were able to get away with a lot of stuff and no way did the promoters have as much power as the record labels.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Personally I'd say it's worth taking stuff on Crazy Days and Nights with a generous portion of salt. They do expose a lot of stuff prior to it having broke publicly, and have a pretty good track record for posting stuff that is later revealed to be true, but it's obviously not being held to proper journalistic standards (nor is it pretending to be). Without giving sources or anything, the details and chain of information can't be fully assessed.

There's plenty of reasons for people to feed them false information, and for their own protection they deliberately omit a lot of details.

That said, obviously a lot of dodgy stuff does get covered up, and this format is a good way to expose the particularly horrific stuff. Posts that lead more towards gossip about personal lives, rather than discussing criminality and other shady activities aren't particularly of interest to me, but helping to take down people who have the money and power to get away with awful behaviour is certain a good thing.

Deleted member 11157

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dean Martin and Ike Turner also were in the area during the time period and have been fingered as possible suspects.

The flaw with pinning it on Gaye is that he wasn't really a famous singer in the 50s, it wasn't until 1962 that he started getting popular. During the 1950s his records were all dismal failures.
Those two seem like much better suspects.

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

To be fair, when they found a suspect, that's when the person was famous. Doesn't say it was when the crimes occurred

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
LOL

Aint no way the police are going out of their way to help cover up for a Black man in the 1960's.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Please don't post unsubstantiated rumors from random gossip blogs. Even though super market tabloids get it right sometimes, that doesn't make everything they post gospel, and the same goes for sites like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.