• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I am curious as to why 21 Savage is being arrested now by ICE. Wasn't he arrested for something a few years ago? The timing of this is 🤔

Houseless folks arrested by APD to clean the streets.
ICE arresting immigrants, and apparently 21 Savage.
The deaths of two Black men at the hands of APD being ignored by the mayor until the end of the Super Bowl.
Stings being set up to catch sex workers.

What else?

But like, how was 21 Savage living in the spotlight and traveling overseas for shows and not being caught? But build that Wall right?....

So 21 Savage raps this, "went through some things, but I couldn't imagine my kids stuck at the border, Flint still need water," and almost immediately gets arrested by ICE. Hmmmm. That can't just be a coincidence. Especially with ICE's track record.

The timing is just real interesting given his recent speaking out and community work, and we all know ICE has a political agenda. Why now? I'm not even a 21 Savage fan or anything, this is more about not trusting ICE.

These Tweets were embedded in this Mashable article reporting that people are highly skeptical with the timing of the ICE arrest of 21 Savage: https://mashable.com/article/21-savage-rapper-ice-arrest-super-bowl/#JRHFKKh4xZq5

British-born rapper 21 Savage was arrested in Atlanta on Sunday when Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials picked him up on an expired visa. Atlanta is also the site of Sunday's Super Bowl LIII.

Twitter is struggling to accept the timing as a coincidence, to say the least.

Donald Trump's presidency has been rife with anti-immigrant rhetoric and outright racism directed at people of color. In the midst of all the noise and controversy, ICE has often found itself at the center of various national security debates — and in news headlines for its sometimes questionable activities.

While none of this proves that ICE's action against 21 Savage in Atlanta on Super Bowl Sunday is some kind of strategic PR move — and there are reports from anonymous officials, at least, that it wasn't — plenty of people aren't buying it.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
He was riding with Young Nudy who was the target. He got caught when they ran him through the system

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Where was he arrested and what for previously? It could be a result of sanctuary city policies having previously prevented ICE from knowing about his undocumented status

I wouldn't put it past ICE to go after him for that though

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Doesn't this also presuppose that ICE knew he was here illegally for years but didn't do anything until he pissed them off...we think they're racist so why would they let him slide?

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
This is some conspiracy garbage.

i dunno:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...7af23a-fc95-11e7-a46b-a3614530bd87_story.html

At the end of the day with all these stories of corruption and procedural misconduct from law enforcement where effectively nothing happens... *shrug* Why would ICE *not* go the extra investigative/harassment mile for their critics if nothing is going to happen to them? I too would have been its some tinfoil hat shit, but there's too many verified stories of such systemic misbehavior and corruption this would feel like a minor blip for them to do.