• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Edit3 June 30, 2020:

Back again for those that missed it last time! Might be less interesting though with that HD remaster imminent.

Edit2 April 28, 2020:

Deals are back again and everything is now 70% off!! Only valid until May 4!

Edit1 September 17, 2019

Original post:

I've seen a lot of people asking for this so I thought this deserved its own thread so people will not miss it again! Deals are valid for one week from now, so don't doubt to long.

Mass Effect 2: Arrival Add-On 50%
Mass Effect 2: Kasumi – Stolen Money Add-On 50%
Mass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadow Broker Add-On 50%
Mass Effect 2: Overlord Add-On 50%
Mass Effect 3: Citadel (1 of 2) Add-On 67%
Mass Effect 3: From Ashes Add-On 50%
Mass Effect 3: Leviathan Add-On 50%
Mass Effect 3: Omega Add-On 67%

There are lots more deals on games on DLC this week so make sure you check it out. https://majornelson.com/2019/05/06/this-weeks-deals-with-gold-and-spotlight-sale-152/

Last edited:

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the heads up, I've been waiting for these ! Do you know when the sale ends ?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, no PS3. I would have had to bite and replay the trilogy for that.

ron_bato

Oct 25, 2017
I purchased a few during the last sale, and now want to buy some of the ones i didn't get.

Any advice on whether i should buy ME2: Kasumi - stolen memory or if i should go with ME 3: Omega?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still boggles my mind how EA didn't release a trilogy with all DLCs for 60 bucks for current-gen consoles, maybe Switch. That's a couple million copies of games sold for very little effort, guaranteed. Even a lot of people who already played them would buy them again due to the fact only Xbox One offers the chance to play them out of current-gen consoles natively and the difficulty of getting all DLCs otherwise.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Still boggles my mind how EA didn't release a trilogy with all DLCs for 60 bucks for current-gen consoles, maybe Switch. That's a couple million copies of games sold for very little effort, guaranteed. Even a lot of people who already played them would buy them again due to the fact only Xbox One offers the chance to play them out of current-gen consoles natively and the difficulty of getting all DLCs otherwise.

EA tested the remaster waters with Burnout Paradise. And then called it quits :(

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
What's this "1 of 2" mention on the Citadel DLC ? It's supposed to be just one DLC.

Also I thought ME DLC could only be bought with Bioware points and this was why they were never on sale ? When did this change ?

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd imagine it would've been one of the best selling remasters had they did that. For whatever reason, EA just wasn't into remasters. I think this E3 is the last chance for such an announcement. If it doesn't happen then, our only hope would be for trilogy to be X enhanced by the BC team.

OP
OP
MauroNL

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
What's this "1 of 2" mention on the Citadel DLC ? It's supposed to be just one DLC.

Also I thought ME DLC could only be bought with Bioware points and this was why they were never on sale ? When did this change ?
It was split up in two pieces for some reason. You buy part 1 and part 2 is a free download, so the total price is that of part 1.

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
Thanks for the info. Always wanted to pick up the Citadel DLC. I didn't play the game for years, I hope that's not a problem. I think I need to load a savegame right before the final mission of the game.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
I might as well pick this up since it seems like I'll be waiting in vein for a PC sale.

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
Hey EA... buddy... I noticed you did not put the DLC on Origin for sale. Could you do me a solid and put those on sale too...

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I've been waiting 84 years for these to go on sale on the PS3. Still waiting!

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure that they were on sale when they went up for sale digitally finally (that's not confusing is it?) but they really seem to not like to go on sale... (edit: no wait. Actually I think I'm wrong on this. I remember the base games being on sale when each was made available for purchase digitally, but not the DLC. I never noticed because I always just paid full price for all the DLC as they came out. No regrets)

so thanks for the heads up, OP.

edit: man... there are a lot of sales going on now. "Spring Add-on Sale" "Capcom Publisher Sale," and "Activision Blizzard Collection Sale" on top of the weekly Deals with Gold.

Last edited:

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Really crazy it took decades for some of these to get discounted. What was EA thinking here lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, there it is, bought all of it (finally). I've never even seen ME3: Citadel before and I hear that one is a standout.

Still can't believe EA's not released a complete trilogy remaster, the thing would print money for them.

OP
OP
MauroNL

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
OP your sale lists are god tier.
You are a gentleman and a scholar.
I could kiss you MauroNL.

Been waiting forever for these to go on sale, and hadn't noticed they were. Thanks for the heads up!
Seriously. There are so many sales I would have missed out on if it weren't for Mauro.
I should start asking money from Microsoft for all the money they made :P

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
So which ones are the essential packs to get? I own Shadow Broker from way back because that was one I remembered people liking, but besides Citadel I don't remember what the good ME3 expansions are. There was one that Brad from Giant Bomb was basically saying should have been in the main game, is that From Ashes or Leviathan?

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
It's been on sale before.

I know because I bought them during that sale.

But yeah, that was years ago lol

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Hey EA... buddy... I noticed you did not put the DLC on Origin for sale. Could you do me a solid and put those on sale too...
They sometimes put the Mass Effect and Dragon 2 DLC bundles on sale. Although, I don't recall if they have done it this year. Last sale, they were full price.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
Do the save transfers work from game to game? I might just give them all a go again
Yup, they work fine.
So which ones are the essential packs to get? I own Shadow Broker from way back because that was one I remembered people liking, but besides Citadel I don't remember what the good ME3 expansions are. There was one that Brad from Giant Bomb was basically saying should have been in the main game, is that From Ashes or Leviathan?
Both of them. From Ashes adds a crew member who is plot critical to the whole trilogy and Leviathan adds massive context to the Reapers.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Too little, too late! I remember waiting forever for Omega to go on sale, which was the only one I didn't have. And now it's too late. Pass.

Overall, the DLC was good quality. Just a bit ridiculous to be full price years and years later.

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
Omega is the only one I don't own so I guess i'll pick that up for next time I'm doing a trilogy playthrough