• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which class will you choose?

• Soldier

Votes: 380 22.2%
  • Adept

Votes: 296 17.3%
  • Engineer

Votes: 126 7.4%
  • Vanguard

Votes: 724 42.2%
  • Sentinel

Votes: 172 10.0%
  • Infiltrator

Votes: 274 16.0%

• Total voters

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if in ME1 the soldier class will still be pretty much unstoppable at a certain level.

I think in the original you could use Overkill to just blast away anything with your Assualt Rifle without overheating, and if you level up Adrenaline Burst high enough you could pop that after Overkill finished to instantly finish the cool down and start Overkill all over again.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Honestly, the biggest bummer is that console/controller users are going to be suffering through that garbo inventory UI for ME1. Even porting over the PC version would've been better.
I presumed that was what they'd done going by IGN's breakdown here:

It looks different from what I remember on 360 there, but it looks like they saw the PC version .

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
These screenshots are looking good. Would like to know how well it runs at 60fps on the Pro though. That's one of the major things I'm looking forward to. Playing ME1 without the horrible framerate on the 360 version will be amazing.

harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017
Is Mass Effect insanity Gears of War level hair pulling madness or god forbid worse?

First time replaying since they came out so figured I'd go for it
I have only played 3 and it's quite manageable (and I'm not great at video games), though it's definitely challenging in the first few 'levels' (until you can improve your shop)

Nov 5, 2017
Can't wait to play this again, probably will play as Infiltrator after a long time. By the way, I liked to play as a Vanguard with a sniper or a infiltrator with a shotgun. Nice twist on the classes.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Shepard needs to be male. (And wait until the second game)
Honestly, the biggest bummer is that console/controller users are going to be suffering through that garbo inventory UI for ME1. Even porting over the PC version would've been better.

Wait until ME2 and be MaleShep.

Or on PC wait for the mod to fix this. Mods for the classic versions fix this as there is recorded romance with Tali dialogue from Hale in ME2's code.
This will be my first experience with the Trilogy, really looking forward to finally see what all the fuss is about !

Also great OT, thanks OP :-)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mass-effect-legendary-edition-ot-first-contact-spoiler-free.423908/

This might be the better thread to hang out in as this thread has open spoilers.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if this double thread scenario is actually going to work. The spoiler free thread looks to be dead or mostly full of folks who are also in this thread. lol

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
Do we know if they did anything about the ME1 to ME2 import save so that it's created after the councillor decision now? I always liked to leave it up to the council to pick where it defaults to Udina, but then at the start of ME2 when you're confirming who it is the line is written as though you recommended him specifically.

Doesn't matter in the grand scheme, just a minor irritation.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this double thread scenario is actually going to work. The spoiler free thread looks to be dead or mostly full of folks who are also in this thread. lol

I'm sure it'll pick up once the game is actually in people's hands. Right now first-timers don't have much to talk about, lol.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

There will be more activity in ~72 hours but I think more people will post here given that the games are old, but not that old to where the majority of ERA has likely played at least part of the series.

theBmZ

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I'm really excited for this. Even though it's a remaster I still find myself looking forward to playing it over again. I've played it maybe 4 times I think.

But of course I'm most excited for the first game. I've always thought that if Mass Effect looked better, played better, and performed better, it quite possibly could stand as the best of the trilogy. I'm excited to test that theory.

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
Double OT thread is dumb and will end up confusing many. Just mark spoilers if it's THAT important, like every other remaster that's come out and got a thread.

OP
OP
Phellps

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
All of them go to a blank page for me.
Looks like the website was acting up, so I used a different one. It adds compression, which isn't ideal, but it's working now lol

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Double OT thread is dumb and will end up confusing many. Just mark spoilers if it's THAT important, like every other remaster that's come out and got a thread.
One has spoilers and the other has none, doesnt seem confusing to me other than accidentally mis-clicking one or the other.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Looks like the website was acting up, so I used a different one. It adds compression, which isn't ideal, but it's working now lol
I thought the screenshoots looked really good before but with the comparison, it's absolutely amazing the difference. I can't wait! AHHHHHHHHHH Friday's too long away

Oct 27, 2017
So what's the word on how the weapon proficiency changes work? So I can play a sentinel and use shotgun/sniper with a penalty?

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the ME2 alternate recruitment mod is compatible with this release or at least available this weekend. I really want to do something different this time.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Got my custom box art ready, Friday can't come soon enough

D7msxUa.jpg

Ah, I see you too are a person of culture.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
One has spoilers and the other has none, doesnt seem confusing to me other than accidentally mis-clicking one or the other.

I just had a good laugh while checking the non-spoiler thread:
EDIT: Oops, got this mixed up with the spoiler thread, sorry.
It's really stupid.

Last edited:

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Ah shit here we go again! Super excited to play Ultra wide, I am ready to relive the insane journey! Tali foreva!

USIGSJ

Oct 26, 2017

Looks like they used replaced models with ME3 one here for those corridor tunnels over Presidium (image bellow is from ME3). There's a bit of lightmap errors on those circular parts, but really liking how it looks now.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
First time fooling with the box art creator, and I actually love this composition!

tall7fj9p.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
I kill Ashley everytime. Easily my least favorite character in the series. Well after Jacob. But I guess you have to have character to be considered a character so Jacob might not count.
Fuck YES

One of the things I'll miss is reading the Codex in ME1 for time (or rather having it read to me). Honestly scrolling through that is one of my fondest gaming memories

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
The costume DLCs will be available from the start right?

No, now they're more organically integrated into the games:

Integrated weapons and armor DLC packs
  • Weapons and armor DLC packs are now integrated naturally into the game; they're obtainable via research or by purchasing them from merchants as you progress through the game, rather than being immediately unlocked from the start. This ensures overall balance and progression across ME2 and ME3
  • Recon Hood (ME2) and Cerberus Ajax Armor (ME3) are available at the start of each game

blog.playstation.com

Mass Effect Legendary Edition: Rebalancing, tuning, & mechanical improvements

A detailed look at the gameplay calibrations found in this enhanced trilogy, arriving May 14 on PS4.