• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Original FemShep or ME3 FemShep?

• Original

Votes: 199 43.5%
  • ME3

Votes: 258 56.5%

• Total voters

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
ME3's FemShep is now playable in the entire trilogy in the Legendary edition.
Which one will you play as?

Original in 2007
HxHjhcE.jpg

Original in 2012 ME3 release

NZecJgr.jpg

ME3 in Legendary Edition
KEfKDVf.jpg

ME3 in 2012 ME3 release
S3HOvmX.jpg

Original all the way for me. ME3's seems a bit too...cartoonish, exaggerated?

Last edited:

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
I like ME3 femshep in ME3. The pictures I've seen on the model in ME1 look off to me.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Original is waaaay more iconic.

ME3 should've been great if it actually resembles the concept art.

The OG felt like Bioware forgot that they needed a default Fem Shep so they slapped one together at the last minute because they never intended for a Fem Shep design to appear on promotional material or boxarts.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Neither, I used a Kate beckinsale look alike for my main playthroughs. I would never use the stock fem shep model. Just doesn't look right to me.

stangthang26

Aug 15, 2018
ME3 by a long shot. The first one is off putting to say the least. Always got a living doll vibe from it.

BoredLemon

Nov 11, 2017
I'm not fan of ME3 FemShep's cartoony appearance but at least she looks like a main character and not some random NPC from TES: Oblivion.
The OG felt like Bioware forgot that they needed a default Fem Shep so they slapped one together at the last minute because they never intended for a Fem Shep design to appear on promotional material or boxarts.
Yep.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
The ME3 model looks like some kind of weird cat person. They bothered modeling male Shep, Miranda, Jacob, and maybe others off actual people. Why didn't they do it for ME3's FemShep?

Because instead, they did this gross fanvote, and instead modeled this weird-ass face that looks less natural than all the character creator options.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Last time I did a replay on PC I specifically made my FemShep look as close to ME3 as possible for every game.

ME3 all day

My first legendary edition play through of many will be MaleShep though since that's what I first did on my OG play through.

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
Sorry, neither looks like the Shepard I know, who is quite an attractive man.

Original for my Renegade playthroughs.

OP
OP
Wrexis

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I just noticed Bioware were sneaky and the original FemShep pic they posted is from the 2007 version of the game.
I'm hoping the OG FemShep in Legendary Edition has some improvements.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
ME3 by a country mile. I loosely based my own FemShep off of her for all three games. (I refuse to use default in a character creator but the design was too good)

metal

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
The ME3 default femshep always looked weird to me for some reason and I can't put my finger on why. She looks great on the boxart but terrible in game.

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
Original. The ME3 femshep is too much. It isn't surprising that a lot of fanboys, emphasis on "boys", voted for her. I like the understated look of the original. Like she actually works in the military.

n00bp

Oct 28, 2017
Original, if only because I've spent more time with her, by a LARGE margin.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Original femshep looks like she's one of those people that tells you that she doesn't need to wash her hair.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Nah, she looks the best in ME2, which is based on ME1. Has a badass lips and much more natural (and human-like) than ME3.

maxresdefault.jpg

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Original is better, but you're better off with a custom FemShep. ME3 one has always looked weird to me.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Every default FemShep always looked like she was hastily cobbled together on the ingame character creator.

Default MaleShep on the other hand always looked good. Helps that he's based on a likeness of a real human being. BioWare should have gotten a female model likeness at some point.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
original in me3 looks the best. something about the me3 version is off for me.

my custom shep was far better than both, though. wish i had a pic.

reeeeeeally hope they buffed the character creator.

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
Original and it's not close to me.

The ME3 model is far too young for what I feel is a deep veteran voice performance from Jennifer Hale. My femshep have seen some rough shit before getting in the first trilogy and I feel like the ME3 skin model look like a fresh new soldier.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They both look off to me but I'd go with 3 between the two. Original looks like a generic NPC. Might just customize her though tbh since there's apparently new customization options