• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungGunsII

Banned
Apr 23, 2019
Denmark
Danish gaming website 'GameReactor' is teasing a preview of a "highly anticipated" game today at 17:00 CET (11 AM ET/8 AM PT). In the article they are using a cropped close-up picture of the Mass Effect 3 cover-art, and is asking: "can you guess what game it is?"

www.gamereactor.dk

Se frem til senere i dag hvor et preview af et meget ventet spil rammer

Jeg kan ikke afsløre meget, men hold jer opdaterede i løbet af dagen på Gamereactor, da der kommer et preview på et længe ventet spil senere i dag. Jeg glæder mig i hvert...

sefremtil_3372423.jpg
Mass_Effect_3_Game_Cover.jpg

Gamereactor is pretty small potatoes in the grand scheme of things, and they properly wouldn't get this as an exclusive, so expect previews/info dump from all the big outlets at the same time.

Oct 28, 2017
Finally I'm going through Dragon Age Inquistion atm, it's making me crave Mass Effect, but I need reasons to put off the playthrough before the remaster comes out

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Well at least we will find out in only 5 hours
Hope it's true !!

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Cant wait to see ME1. If they have brought the gunplay up to ME3 levels its going to be godly.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Several people teased this on Twitter yesterday, brace for impact.

bluemax38

Nov 3, 2020
TheGamer also mention some features they're doing about it this week at the beginning of this article. Hope we get some screenshots/see some good upgrades from the originals.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Super curious to see if they do anything to the games. I'm honestly fine with just a res boost and whatnot, but with all the damage to the Mass Effect brand and BioWare brand, I'm expecting them to put in some work to make the games look and play spectacular.

I'm most excited to replay ME3. The ending casts such a large shadow of that game which was probably the best of the trilogy. And because of that shadow I barely remember anything of it.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
If they make some sort of CE for this, I may be obligated to pick it up..

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really anxious about how this will turn out. I'm really afraid it's going to turn out being "hey, this is PC max settings but on consoles, how crazy is that??"

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for some comparison screenshots and tech specs for PS5/XSX.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
This is correct. Not long to wait now.

Gonna be real interesting to see how people respond. I think that's always the way with remasters, because there's no hardline specifics on what can/cannot be done. Some people will want more, some people will be happy, I guess.

Dr. Doom

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm really looking forward to this.

I hope for improved visuals, animations, revamped controls, and a customisable controls for gamepads.

I had to use xpadder to map the powers 1-4 to the d-pad when playing Mass Effect 2 and 3 on PC. Furthermore, holding the right bumper then allowed me to access powers 5-8 on the d-pad.

Now whilst this sounds incredibly complicated, I think it's an excellent way to utilise the powers in game.

FisherTea

May 24, 2020
With a lot of the talk about media getting a 'deep dive presentation' and coverage lasting all week at least, I'm expecting something a little more than a resolution/framerate bump. Excited to see what this 'Legendary Edition' actually is!

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Does it really make a difference?
They can do much more if the "executable", let's call it, is natively from the next gen consoles. Access to better stuff from the GDK, and use the full hardware as they fit. BC games, on both consoles, are limited in how much CPU they can use.

I mean, this is a remaster, so who knows it's not a huge game, but potentially there could be a noticeable difference.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is correct. Not long to wait now.

Gonna be real interesting to see how people respond. I think that's always the way with remasters, because there's no hardline specifics on what can/cannot be done. Some people will want more, some people will be happy, I guess.
You sound like this will be a basic remaster with a few QoL changes.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I hope EA have a good legal team. Microsoft have the exclusive rights to create WRPGs and they are going to come down hard and fast when this is announced. Antitrust definitely in play.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Was wondering why we haven't seen anything from this yet. Is the March release date confirmed?

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm very excited. I'm not too bothered about any extras, I just want the game builds to be solid, just work and play well.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
They can do much more if the "executable", let's call it, is natively from the next gen consoles. Access to better stuff from the GDK, and use the full hardware as they fit. BC games, on both consoles, are limited in how much CPU they can use.

I mean, this is a remaster, so who knows it's not a huge game, but potentially there could be a noticeable difference.
I guess, but as it's a remaster, I imagine everything will be doable on last gen consoles, with the big difference for next gen consoles being them going from 4K/30fps to 4K/60fps and maybe some improvements here and there, but nothing really that couldn't be done by enhanced BC. At least as far as I understand it all, which is admittedly not a ton. Not really a tech guy.

We'll see in less than 5 hours hopefully.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Cool. All the chatter over the last few months has actually got me excited to replay the trilogy. I was listening to the OST on Youtube too lol.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
You sound like this will be a basic remaster with a few QoL changes.

It's not quite as clean cut as that but I also don't know everything about it, don't really want to jump the gun on journos, and also depends on what people consider "basic" given the scope of what constitutes as a remaster.

Someone dug up a Shinobi post where he said not to expect Halo 2: Anniversary tier remastering and I think that's a good thumb rule to go by. Doesn't mean attention hasn't been given to certain things, but expecting total remaking/reimagining of the games or specific content probably isn't reasonable.

When BioWare first announced it their statement was;

"For many months now, our team at BioWare has been hard at work updating the textures, shaders, models, effects and technical features of three enormous games. Our goal was not to remake or reimagine the original games, but to modernize the experience so that fans and new players can experience the original work in its best possible form. It's been amazing to see the adventures of Commander Shepard take on new life in super-sharp resolution, faster framerates, and beautiful visual enhancements. As game developers, we always hope that our games will transcend their original platforms. Having the opportunity to remaster the trilogy means that the fruits of a decade of our work will live on, and will be experienced better and clearer than ever before."

And the wording there is very accurate.

I personally want less.

It's literally just a port of Mass Effect: Infiltrator (now at 4K).

Jun 17, 2018
I'd love to see some improvements to ME1 to bring it in line with the sequels.

All I really want though is a visual update and 60fps. I can't bring myself to play the 360 versions at 30fps.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
This is my most anticipated title for this year by a very large margin. Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.