• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you looking forward to the Remaster?

• Yes

Votes: 1,402 39.7%
  • No

Votes: 258 7.3%
  • Depends on the quality of the Remaster

Votes: 1,772 50.2%
  • I don't like Mass Effect

Votes: 101 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EDIT: Check threadmarks for updates! October 30th is most likely the release date.
EDIT #2: It seems like pre-orders are now being cancelled, check the threadmark for a few more details. Damage Control?
EDIT #3: Jeff Grubb teases October release date! Check most recent threadmark!

I'm a big fan of Mass Effect if the avatar didn't give it away. I want you ALL to be a fan of Mass Effect, and what better time to join the Council than an imminent release of the Trilogy. Compiled below are some things you may or may not be aware of.

en6bn0L.jpg

This is from Jeff Grubb @ Venturebeat on May 5th: https://venturebeat.com/2020/05/05/ea-14-new-games/

Later on before the EA Play event he also stated not to expect the game to appear for whatever reason, considering how dull the show was it's a little surprising to see it not announced there. After that a few things started to pop up.

ex5X4Vj.jpg

Bioware Gear store has new N7 products.

Amazon has the following items up for pre-order:
----------------------------------------------
zVxKdQi.jpg

-------------------------------------------------
A3u1mCu.jpg

----------------------------------------------------
There's a comic book collection coming out in the 22nd of September in the UK and an Expanded art collection coming February of next year. Looking at the dates and what was previously said by EA themselves, they have one more unannounced HD remake that'll be out by the end of their fiscal year, which I believe its either March or April of 2021. I'd have thought that November 7th would be a good day to release the Trilogy but that would make it a Saturday, making it really improbable. The game is obviously real and coming, just a matter of when.

Yet the story doesnt quite end there though since recently there's been an image of a catalogue floating around from the retailer GAME that shows the remaster with a Sept, 29th for a release date.
9Tm5ClY.jpg

Now I know how that looks: Fake fake fake fake. Something like that is way too easy to fake, but some people have been able to go into their local GAME store and place down a preorder for it.
8iV9BNA.jpg

The receipt is legit and you can go through more of the evidence and replies here:
--------------------

It could very well be a placeholder date, however it seems way too "random" and early for it to have been selected out of a hat. Not to mention that placeholder dates tend to be "December 31st" or "TBC" - Also taking into consideration that the catalogue itself already has TBC dates on it, it would be a bit odd to single out Mass Effect with a specific one no?

Anyways! I hope people are looking forward to playing (or replaying) through the games as much as I am, I love the trilogy and I can't wait dump hundreds of hours into the story AND multiplayer.

Last edited:

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
I hope so. I also hope it does well and shows EA there is a demand for more Mass Effect. The world they created is rich and deserves more games.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
What platforms was the preorder available on? (Says PS4 on the receipt... any others?).

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I'm looking forward to it. Not sure if I'll buy though. It needs to be clearly better than the PC versions modded -- if it's just a texture and resolution bump, that's not good enough for me.

Just like the Metroid Prime Trilogy. Any year now.

lol

which do you think will come first? That should have been the poll.

No_Style

Oct 26, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
GiantBomb's Mass Alex playthrough has me itching to replay it. I hope EA does right by it. I hope their attitude with C&C carried to this trilogy remaster.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Afaik it's scheduled to be released this year.

Might get announced at Gamescom

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
My hope is they make some changes to the trilogy. Not just the ending, but gameplay and story ones too.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I have over 12 playthroughs of ME2 and 5 of ME1
I literally need this game, especially now that I have a good PC

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
If they didn't release it yet, I don't see it coming before 2021. Why would you drop it during the fall madness?

Although....EA.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
OP come with the receipts (literally)

when can we expect an announcement? this month?

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yet the story doesnt quite end there though since recently there's been an image of a catalogue floating around from the retailer GAME that shows the remaster with a Sept, 29th for a release date.
9Tm5ClY.jpg

Now I know how that looks: Fake fake fake fake. Something like that is way too easy to fake, but some people have been able to go into their local GAME store and place down a preorder for it.

Not fake. Just not the release date.

Or what it's called.

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
The huge question mark over a trilogy remaster is what engine it's in.... Unreal or frostbite...

If it's frostbite then my expectations will be lowered a lot... Simply due to issues that bioware has had bring RPG systems to the engine and the fact it would be a huge overhaul to the originals....

If it's unreal I'd think the transition would a lot smoother...

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
If it's just a resolution bump, I'm not really into it. I liked the first game but the series kept moving further away from being an RPG and that was a letdown. I'd be down if they made fundamental changes to 2 and 3.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I mean why not, I bought the DLC and haven't played it yet so it's absolutely possible

Mr.fresh

Oct 31, 2017
Hopefully it hits PS4 too I never played the first game. But I enjoyed 2 & 3 I just never felt like the comic did the first game justice.

Koeing

Nov 8, 2018
This was my favorite series from last gen. I lost track of how many times I've played these games. I don't even care if they leave the story and gameplay exactly the same. As long as I get crossplay MP with prettier graphics then we're good.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The only reason I haven't replayed the trilogy lately, like I did in past years, is because of this remaster possibility. I sure hope it's really coming this year and that it is more than just putting all 3 games and DLCs in one package.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I bought Mass Effect on PS3 and got ME2 and ME3 through PS+.

I'll buy the collection if it has PS5 enhancements.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be a straight port with a resolution boost, it's going to run very poorly, and there will be no multiplayer. Calling it now.

OP
OP
Hero_Select

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This was my favorite series from last gen. I lost track of how many times I've played these games. I don't even care if they leave the story and gameplay exactly the same. As long as I get crossplay MP with prettier graphics then we're good.
This is where I'm at as well. I want to waste hours on the MP. Jeff Grubb also said that it would be coming to the Switch, just not on launch and.. I want to fire up the multiplayer in bed goddamn it XD

Status
Not open for further replies.