• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you looking forward to the Remaster?

• Yes

Votes: 1,402 39.7%
  • No

Votes: 258 7.3%
  • Depends on the quality of the Remaster

Votes: 1,772 50.2%
  • I don't like Mass Effect

Votes: 101 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomsawing

Jul 27, 2020
Schreier mentioned in one of his various BioWare exposés that there was very early work being done at BioWare on a new Mass Effect, which is a far cry from the original post-Andromeda leaks of EA basically shelving the series for good. Something must have changed.
I think they were all right with leaving Mass Effect behind when Anthem was going to be their Sci-Fi franchise for the future. Now Anthem probably doesn't have much of a future either so they're going back to try and salvage Mass Effect (while also allegedly trying to save Anthem).

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it releases soon. I have been re-watching TNG lately and it is making me itch for similar style of space epic story telling in video game form.

Slight update + Speculation
OP
OP
Hero_Select

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A slight development!

Liana is a massive Mass Effect fan. And with Shinobi confirming on the first page that September 29th isn't the release date then what she could be hinting at is an announcement coming next month and the Remaster being released on October 30th.

Why the 30th? Well. Shinobi replied to her tweet with a tiny purply image of stars.

I know. It's silly silly speculation and hopefullness at this point but I'm bored. This little update wouldn't be worth it alone if it weren't for the fact that the original reddit post got updated as well.

The preorder for the Remastered Trilogy date was pushed from September 29th to October 30th.

5aVAkaw.jpg

And again you can find a bit more detail on the story here from the user Waymantis:

------------------------
I would tag Shinobi to see if he could confirm or deny or just completely ignore this but I'd rather not be a bother. In the end what Liana is hinting at could be something completely different. The fact that the date got pushed is a curious one though and it does line up with what Shinobi has said and the release would be better sandwiched between the book releases.

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't have a problem with waiting. The problem is expecting a remaster and getting a port with just a resolution bump.

Hope we're not getting that.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I am pretty disappointed as well. Though I will admit that if it wasn't happening next month then I was fully expecting it to be a March game like Andromeda and ME3.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's only released next year. November has a lot of major releases, and I still think they wouldn't announce it so close to release. And my issue is not with the release date really. I'd wait as long as needed for a proper remaster. I just want to know what to expect. What is EA goal with this remaster? Quick crash grab or a significant attempt to improve the trilogy?

OP
OP
Hero_Select

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if it's only released next year. November has a lot of major releases, and I still think they wouldn't announce it so close to release. And my issue is not with the release date really. I'd wait as long as needed for a proper remaster. I just want to know what to expect. What is EA goal with this remaster? Quick crash grab or a significant attempt to improve the trilogy?
There is precedent for announcing a remaster close to it's release date. I get the feeling it's a minimalist job, get the games running @ 60 fps with a res bump. I hope I'm wrong.

Sotonian

Oct 25, 2017
yet another month till its announced? they are not giving this a lot of time between announcement and release if it is coming out this year

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Considering my birthday is October 31st, I'm going to refrain from hoping too strongly lest I disappointment myself.

But... if this pans out... I know what I'll be asking the wife to get me.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If it includes all the DLC, i would fucking play that shit till my eyes bleed day one perch. I will ignore the awful endings of 2 and 3. I will hate the kid shit in 3. I will still snort coke out the DSL cable it will come out of. Time to open my mass effect SFM collection and be blessed my Futa Liara.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have a problem with waiting. The problem is expecting a remaster and getting a port with just a resolution bump.

Hope we're not getting that.

All I'm expecting is 4K/60 + HDR with all the DLC and updates baked in a bit more elegantly. Anything more than that is a bonus.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
A slight development!

Liana is a massive Mass Effect fan. And with Shinobi confirming on the first page that September 29th isn't the release date then what she could be hinting at is an announcement coming next month and the Remaster being released on October 30th.

Why the 30th? Well. Shinobi replied to her tweet with a tiny purply image of stars.

I know. It's silly silly speculation and hopefullness at this point but I'm bored. This little update wouldn't be worth it alone if it weren't for the fact that the original reddit post got updated as well.

The preorder for the Remastered Trilogy date was pushed from September 29th to October 30th.

5aVAkaw.jpg

And again you can find a bit more detail on the story here from the user Waymantis:

------------------------
I would tag Shinobi to see if he could confirm or deny or just completely ignore this but I'd rather not be a bother. In the end what Liana is hinting at could be something completely different. The fact that the date got pushed is a curious one though and it does line up with what Shinobi has said and the release would be better sandwiched between the book releases.

Announcement early September, release early October. Let's go!

Ceannaire

Dec 12, 2017
Ireland
Is there any rumors on what engine this might be on?
I assume it's just going to be a res/frame rate boost still on UE3. Guessing a port to UE4 or Frostbite is bordering on remake territory.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
If it is just better graphics and framerate I don't see any point in playing it again. New content and revamping existing content is what will get me interested.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I doubt it includes Pinnacle Station from ME1. That was done by an outside dev and the code was lost. It was also broken with it being allowed to get into a state where you couldn't complete it.
A lot of people hate on Pinnacle Station. It does nothing to advance the plot, it involves no squadmates, it's just a hastily-thrown-together score attack horde mode that shows off the worst parts of Mass Effect 1's combat...

... But I enjoyed it. From the incredibly petty rivalry with the Turian with the top score to the reward of a swanky new off-planet apartment with a view.

No matter my playthrough, I always do Pinnacle Station. No matter how janky it is.

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Good. I was planning on replaying the whole trilogy yet again, maybe even creating a thread called "In Defense of Mass Effect 3" afterwards.

In a perfect world, we'd get revamped level design and interface for both ME1 and ME2, ME3's combat and enemy enemy design implemented in the first two games, tracking squadmates in any order in ME2... but I'd settle for just 1080p/60 with HDR and FemShep's official face added to the two first games.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
A lot of people hate on Pinnacle Station. It does nothing to advance the plot, it involves no squadmates, it's just a hastily-thrown-together score attack horde mode that shows off the worst parts of Mass Effect 1's combat...

... But I enjoyed it. From the incredibly petty rivalry with the Turian with the top score to the reward of a swanky new off-planet apartment with a view.

No matter my playthrough, I always do Pinnacle Station. No matter how janky it is.
I'm right there with you. ME1 was supposed to have more story DLC, so I definitely understand the disappointment when it was revealed it's second DLC would be combat-focused.

But I enjoyed it for what it is. I think the Apartment is one of the best "rewards" for completing something in the series. Its a nice view and is a great way to get high level gear.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Damnit, I only recently bought the rest of the DLC for the 360 games to play on my XBO.

... I'll still buy this though, provided it's all good on the technical front.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
Truly depends on how much work goes into ME1. That was a story masterpiece let down (a bit, still my #1 RPG of all time) by gameplay and visuals.

ME3 could use a lot of work in many areas... but I can't get my hope up that EA and Bioware actually puts in the effort - revive multiplayer, get rid of most of the loot boxes, make true indoctrination theory ending unlock upon enough multiplayer milestones.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Please include multiplayer.

It likely won't include multiplayer
If anything, I previously suggested EA would do this JUST to redo multiplayer and get some sweet, sweet lootbox money.
Lest we forget, ME3 Multiplayer is kind of a big reason why EA went in on it so hard.

arkay

Nov 8, 2017
If anything, I previously suggested EA would do this JUST to redo multiplayer and get some sweet, sweet lootbox money.
Lest we forget, ME3 Multiplayer is kind of a big reason why EA went in on it so hard.

It had no business being as good as it was. Probably the most time I spent on a MP mode. If they are doing the remaster using Frostbite, I wonder if it'll effect the gameplay. I remember looking forward to Andromeda's MP but it just wasn't the same.

OP
OP
Hero_Select

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please include multiplayer.

It likely won't include multiplayer
I think Multiplayer HAS to be included. They don't need to touch up anything with it other than a couple bug fixes. Honestly if MP is excluded I'm going to be extremely disappointed. It's a big reason why I want a remaster in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.