• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you looking forward to the Remaster?

• Yes

Votes: 1,402 39.7%
  • No

Votes: 258 7.3%
  • Depends on the quality of the Remaster

Votes: 1,772 50.2%
  • I don't like Mass Effect

Votes: 101 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Me waiting for the announcement

0uxd_img_20200912_234049.png

As long as the wait is worth it...

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I'm loving all the early and old material showing up in here lately.

I've been watching a new streamer I'm unfamiliar with do a blind run of Mass Effect. She's a huge DA fan, and has a very down to earth way of doing things.

I love seeing new people react to these games, and that's also partly why I hype up the remaster. It's especially interesting to see where opinions land when gaming has advanced so much since then.

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
Damn saw the thread on the front page thought there was some new info. I need this already!

I seem to have become sensitized to this finally. First few times my heart was racing when the thread got bumped, then I got pissed and ignored it for a few days and now I keep it visible but I am fully aware it's just more fans getting hyped( which can be fun) and the actual news will get its own thread. lol

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I seem to have become sensitized to this finally. First few times my heart was racing when the thread got bumped, then I got pissed and ignored it for a few days and now I keep it visible but I am fully aware it's just more fans getting hyped( which can be fun) and the actual news will get its own thread. lol

But there is always that small ember of hope, is there not?

Jords

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2018
New Zealand
This game can't come soon enough
Cyberpunk, ACV, Spiderman, Horizon, and this. My Xmas will be sorted.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the ME1 remaster I hope they also fix Elanos Haliat as he's supposed to be a Turian but was accidentally given a human character model.

Last edited:

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
I never got bored of driving the Maco across all those alien planet surfaces. That "Mars rover" feeling is still pretty unique, and I think the fact that the landscapes were barren contributed to that. Modern AAA games would never do that again. I still haven't played Andromeda but I imagine the maps you drive around in that game have some kind of enemy or activity every hundred meters or something.

I might need to finally start messing around the the landing craft in Elite Dangerous.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The worlds in the first game might not have the most depth, but it did become pretty enthralling to land on them and see what awaited you. Whether it was a planet with a beautiful sunset vista or one with extreme temperatures so you couldn't stay outside of the Mako for long. One of my favorite parts from this was finding the one planet where you had to help a squad of soldiers fight off Rachni, or the planet where we got our first taste and glimpse of Cerberus.

That's what really helps make the first game feel so special, it might not be my favorite in the series and I don't think it's aged all that well, but it'll always hold a special place in my heart.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I am also one of those crazies that liked mako and the low budget uncharted planets exploration. To me it felt right, the negative space accentuated the fact that humanity is still beginning to explore space it also gives the vastness of the galaxy too. Theres just this feel of actually getting into a prefab space warehouse after 30min of nothingness, it feels earned it all made sense to me since the bad guys hiding on remote planets lol. I just like idea of planets that had no actual civilization or communities with just a group of people . It has that low budget 70s sci fi feel to it .

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Also do we know why ME 2 and 3 got rid of ambient music? It was such a key part of ME , it added so much to the overall atmoshpere . I also noticed Ubisoft did that with AC after AC Revelations .

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
The worlds in the first game might not have the most depth, but it did become pretty enthralling to land on them and see what awaited you. Whether it was a planet with a beautiful sunset vista or one with extreme temperatures so you couldn't stay outside of the Mako for long. One of my favorite parts from this was finding the one planet where you had to help a squad of soldiers fight off Rachni, or the planet where we got our first taste and glimpse of Cerberus.

That's what really helps make the first game feel so special, it might not be my favorite in the series and I don't think it's aged all that well, but it'll always hold a special place in my heart.
I am also one of those crazies that liked mako and the low budget uncharted planets exploration. To me it felt right, the negative space accentuated the fact that humanity is still beginning to explore space it also gives the vastness of the galaxy too. Theres just this feel of actually getting into a prefab space warehouse after 30min of nothingness, it feels earned it all made sense to me since the bad guys hiding on remote planets lol. I just like idea of planets that had no actual civilization or communities with just a group of people . It has that low budget 70s sci fi feel to it .
The biggest crime of the series is that the sequels didn't try to improve upon this. The desolation made the planets feel more alien, and the bases or other interiors you'd discover made it really feel like you were exploring the frontier.

And that 70's sci-fi feel is exactly what sets ME1 apart from the later games.

This is all part of why I'm interested in the Odyssey expansion for Elite Dangerous. The game already has its own version of Mako exploration but soon you'll apparently be able to explore on foot and walk into buildings and stuff.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.gamingreplay.com/pre-re...79-mass-effect-trilogy-remastered-switch.html

Listed at a Portuguese retailer for PS4, Xbox and Switch

With a Nintendo 3rd party direct tomorrow :O
That placeholder boxart hasn't been spotted anywhere else before (as far as I can tell with reverse image search) and it looks like it's an official asset from EA. No way this retailer made mockup this detailed based on rumors, right before a new Nintendo Direct, right?

Are you telling me this is finally happening?

Edit: They have PS4 and Xbox up too. I THINK IT'S HAPPENING?! https://www.gamingreplay.com/module/ambjolisearch/jolisearch?search_query=mass+effect+trilogy

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
That placeholder boxart hasn't been spotted anywhere else before (as far as I can tell with reverse image search) and it looks like it's an official asset from EA. No way this retailer made mockup this detailed based on rumors, right before a new Nintendo Direct, right?

Edit: They have PS4 and Xbox up too. I THINK IT'S HAPPENING?! https://www.gamingreplay.com/module/ambjolisearch/jolisearch?search_query=mass+effect+trilogy
That makes me wonder if Nintendo would announce it tomorrow? I will pre-purchase the trilogy on the Switch so fast.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Will they finally package all the DLC together in one box? Because the fact that none of the games (not even ME1, to my knowledge) have GOTY/ultimate/whatever editions with everything is ludicrous.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
Will they finally package all the DLC together in one box? Because the fact that none of the games (not even ME1, to my knowledge) have GOTY/ultimate/whatever editions with everything is ludicrous.

Probably not Pinnacle station but I would think everything else would be there.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020

Is that not just the existing Mass Effect Trilogy logo on a black background?

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom

Edit: didn't realise the same link had been posted above because I was looking to see specifically if the Spawn Wave tweet had been linked. My bad.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's just the Mass Effect logo. Anyone could make that boxart.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
He later said it wouldn't be coming out 'at least at the same time' iirc, so it's possible it could be a Prince of Persia situation

I think EA would be missing out if they didn't release it for the Switch. Although I do hope they try to push the remaster as far as possible in the other consoles.

Also, let me take this change to ask something again: does anyone here know where Jason Schreier confirmed the ME trilogy is coming?

Sotonian

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like its been taken down now

EDIT: Actually the whole site seems to be getting a 403 error, might not have been taken down yet

foxdvd

Oct 30, 2017
Can we change the thread title to "no news on mass effect remastered" until there is news...so that each time this thread is bumped I don't get my hopes up? :(

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Depends on the quality of the Remaster. It can´t be too extensive if it runs on the Switch and all 3 games drop at once but ME on the Switch? A win in itself.

403 Forbidden error. Is this good or bad?

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
It's just the Mass Effect logo. Anyone could make that boxart.
Is that not just the existing Mass Effect Trilogy logo on a black background?
Yes, but they went through the effort of finding a blank PS4, Xbox and Switch template, putting that logo on there, as well as a provisional PEGI rating AND the EA logo. That's a lot of effort for just some rumors. If they were just going off the rumors, you'd expect they would just slap a logo on a template. Why bother with guessing what the PEGI rating is and putting the logo of the publisher on it as well?

I make placeholder boxarts for a gaming retailer myself and I never go through all this effort until we 100% know for sure that the games are real and we want the listings to look really nice and official.

Especially the PEGI logo with the provisional text under it makes me think this is real. But perhaps the person who made these placeholders boxarts is just as tryhard as me and tries to make every placeholder boxart this well put together lol.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on the quality of the Remaster. It can´t be too extensive if it runs on the Switch and all 3 games drop at once but ME on the Switch? A win in itself.

403 Forbidden error. Is this good or bad?

It being on Switch isn't necessarily indicative of what the other consoles' versions will be like. Look at Dark Souls Remastered.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I don't see a Mass Effect remaster for PS4 being a PS5 showcase title.

If we think of all the next-gen shows we had so far, a Mass Effect trilogy announcement would have enhanced every single one of them (especially if it was enhanced for next-gen consoles). I remember before the Xbox event where there was a slight belief ME could be shown there, many people said it wouldn't make sense in a show that was focused on next gen. In retrospect it would have been the best thing about it.

That said, I don't see it happening at all. It just doesn't feel it belong there. I don't expect the announcement before october considering the leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.