• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
America is only place where those shootings happen on such a consistent and tragic basis. I hope Americans citizens will fight for more rigorous gun laws. I mean how long gun supporters are going to deny the link between 300 millions guns in circulation in the country and those tragedies... Very sad that this affects the gaming community in that fashion :(

6be.gif

May 21, 2018
guess we're going to have to start having security guards everywhere and have your bags checked for places like supermarkets, libraries, and pretty much any common area because being able to own a firearm is a right in this country

/s

Why not go further? Every citizen, whether man or woman, adult or child, will be required by law to posses a firearm at all times. What better defense against shootings than the armed citizen, am I right?

/s

Nov 1, 2017
The horrible thing about this besides the fact it happened is you know some people will say it could have been prevented if more people had guns because that's obviously the solution.

The Gentleman

Oct 27, 2017
Lost for words, the sound from that video was horrifying.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.

bshock

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Not just guns, folks, but mental sicknesses. We need major changes on both fronts to prevent these things from happening. It won't be easy.

RIP to the victims today and I can only hope one day the country will be a better place for everyone.

Rolodzeo

Nov 10, 2017
Spain, EU
This is terrible. So sad about the deaths... you go to play some videogames and have a good time... and then it's all over. I just can't understand :(

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
On a weirdly coincidental yet entirely unimportant note, the Falcons just played a preseason game against the Jaguars in Jacksonville yesterday, and now the video coming out of this tragedy happens to show someone playing as the Falcons in a Jacksonville-based gaming tournament. The final combined score of that aforementioned preseason game was 23, which is also the number of Russian-linked donors the NRA admitted to accepting money from a few months ago.

Just a stupid random observation and I hope I didn't come off as insensitive for posting it. I care far more about the victims and their families in this horrific event than strange coincidences but I couldn't help noticing them.

Effnine

Oct 28, 2017
I've been at "Ban all guns from civilian use. Period." Since Sandy Hood. This incident is another tragic brick in a wall of senseless violence perpetuated in the name of enriching weapons manufacturers over the lives of the people.

This is where everyone needs to be. There are no half measures and there are no compromises that are going to work. Ban them and get rid of them all, or else you or your family are next.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Is there really no topic on gaming side? All gamers should be aware of this happening. No one's safe and toxic gaming culture is a serious problem. It feels sanitized having it only be on this side.

They merged topics. It was a decision made by the moderation staff.

That doesn't mean it was the "right" decision necessarily, and PMing a mod might be the best way to air grievance.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
RIP all the victims, truly a disgusting and cowardly event.

When you have people on a progressive forum like Era arguing against tight gun control, you know there wont ever be proper gun control in the US.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
My condolences to everyone who have lost their lives in this and I hope that those injured make a speedy and full recovery.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I'm shocked you guys are so defeatist and cynical.

After Sandy Hook, I lost any hope there would ever be any change. If that didn't change it, nothing will. Sorry to be real.

If you look at polls, even the majority of Republicans and registered gun owners are supportive of stricter gun laws.

The problem is the politicians don't represent people. They are bought and paid. They represent their donors. You guys are believing a lie.

It may be a majority, but it's not a significant majority, and what some people are as stricter gun laws isn't the same as others. Background checks you can maybe pass through, but the minute the word "ban" comes up that majority will vanish damn quick.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Wasn't the shooter doing this because he lost and got tilted or something like that?
They will say Video Games fire up an unhealthy need and will to win in kids they can't control because they are living in a world where they are used to killing and where you just respawn.
With that explanation they don't even have to use Madden for that.
Time to call for a ban on all competitive activities at this point. Even chess and checkers are unsafe for kids. Seriously, we need to constantly call bullshit on people who prop up these arguments, not lay back in defeat over idiotic talking points.

Oct 25, 2017
It started over there, now it's here.

Which feels wrong to me. This is a part of gaming culture. We need to be face to face with this reality. Gotta sanitize this situation? Just focus on the games? Why have threads about game devs doing bad things but shootings brought about within the gaming community gets censored to this side? I'm sort of mad about this decision. We need to own up to this shit, not hide it.

LJ11

Oct 25, 2017
One of the victims was an older Madden player, dude did it as a side thing, had an every day job, wife, kid. Sad as fuck.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017

VaanXSnake

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
RIP to the victims, a closed family member get murdered 3 weeks ago, I know how difficult it is to deal with it, it's even more difficult when you know those people could have been saved if something would have been done to prevent it...

please, do gun control.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
Its so sad to read news like this every other week ;/ Especially when it touches gaming community so directly.
I know its hard to change legislation with old fucks that are in current parties, but its the time they understand there have been enough tragic stories to discontinue current law regarding guns.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I would advise against watching cable news broadcasts if wishing not to see or hear the video, can say for certain that MSNBC are now airing the livestream footage.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Names of dead are being confirmed by people who were there. Major Madden players/streamers among the dead.

This shit is fucked up.