• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People just need to go door to door with iPads. Knock on doors. Show them this video clip, and many others that are similar. Ask people to vote for stronger gun regulation.
People don't want to be exposed to fragility of life and how much irresponsibility can make it more so than it is already.

To the point that they will deny it's a problem.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Even in countries with extremely tough gun control people who live out in the country/ in farms still own carabines and rifles and shotguns etc... It's standard. I don't think anyone is gonna come for your guns as you're part of the minority of people who actually need firearms for defense vs animals or intruders.
Yep, I live in the UK and regularly work near farmyards on my ecology job. We check landowners won't be shooting foxes on our night jobs for example. People who legitimately need guns for their livelihoods still have them.

Anerica, you're sick. Please get help. It's even beyond disgusting now.

frankenstrat

Oct 27, 2017
Wish I hadn't watched the video. Fuck, man. Waiting for the inevitable inaction on the part of state and federal governments.

Last edited:

aSqueakyLime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
England
I hate how relevant this is every time there is a shooting, but it is:
41b2e860-3979-41f4-acc9-38b10e896d3a-screen-shot-2017-10-02-at-64052-pm.png

The way to stop this isn't rocket science. Nearly every other civilized nation in the world doesn't seem to have a problem figuring it out. The problem is that this country has fetishized guns and the 2nd amendment to such an extreme degree that you have a fairly sizable (but not near majority) population of deranged gun "enthusiasts" (really just nuts) and politicians who are too scared (because of their wallets) to not pander directly to them.
Pretty much.

As a non-American this shit is frankly baffling as the years go by.

Grath

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
No because the bad guys will still be able to get them just like they do in every other civilized country that has banned guns yet still has mass shootings every week.

Pretty much everything you said is untrue, at least in the case of my country (and of course many more). I don't think we had any mass shootings in 50 years outside of a bank robbery gone violent in 2002 - and even that is absolutely different from a guy strating to shoot in a school or concert.

Edit: apparently sarcasm - I didn't get it, sorry.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017

The thing about Rubio is if you read between the lines when he did that Parkland special, he basically said that he's caught up in a game and has been bought and sold to represent morally and ethically flawed interests in relation to gun lobbying and that these kids are maybe our last hope in changing course.

I really do think he admitted in the least embarrassing way possible that he's a pawn and a coward.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
The thing about Rubio is if you read between the lines when he did that Parkland special, he basically said that he's caught up in a game and has been bought and sold to represent morally and ethically flawed interests in relation to gun lobbying and that these kids are maybe our last hope in changing course.

I really do think he admitted in the least embarrassing way possible that he's a pawn and a coward.
You are correct.

Nephtis

Banned
Dec 27, 2017
I am no longer surprised, or shocked, that this happened. Nowdays I just get angry that the coward that did this just killed himself. People like that need to live, and suffer every day for every life they took. I hope that the people that died had as much of a painless death as possible. This is horrible.

ryul2

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
guess we're going to have to start having security guards everywhere and have your bags checked for places like supermarkets, libraries, and pretty much any common area because being able to own a firearm is a right in this country

/s

Can't wait 2nd amendment supporters to come out with their "thoughts and prayers" and the "stop politicizing this tragedy" if they haven't already. People in this country have become so desensitized to this type of thing because of how common it is.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I hate how relevant this is every time there is a shooting, but it is:
41b2e860-3979-41f4-acc9-38b10e896d3a-screen-shot-2017-10-02-at-64052-pm.png

The way to stop this isn't rocket science. Nearly every other civilized nation in the world doesn't seem to have a problem figuring it out. The problem is that this country has fetishized guns and the 2nd amendment to such an extreme degree that you have a fairly sizable (but not near majority) population of deranged gun "enthusiasts" (really just nuts) and politicians who are too scared (because of their wallets) to not pander directly to them.
Every other civilized nation in the world doesn't have 300 million guns in the hands of civilians. The US seems like a lost case. If somehow, miraculously, stricter gun laws are actually enabled, how's that gonna help at this point? Seems hopeless. The saddest part is that these shootings are so commonplace that the country has learned to live with them. The state of America is absolute madness.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
This is supposedly the shooter:

Mod Edit: Let's not post someone's identity until they have been officially confirmed as being involved. Removed image.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 25, 2017
I've been at "Ban all guns from civilian use. Period." Since Sandy Hood. This incident is another tragic brick in a wall of senseless violence perpetuated in the name of enriching weapons manufacturers over the lives of the people.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People just need to go door to door with iPads. Knock on doors. Show them this video clip, and many others that are similar. Ask people to vote for stronger gun regulation.

Vote out politicians that don't vote that way.

It's really the only way.

"Fake news"

"If they had guns someone could have stopped him"

"I'm a proud member of the NRA"

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people"

"I'll pray on it"

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Whatever your political stripes, we can all agree that safety and protection is a basic service governments should provide.

The GOP selling their souls to the NRA is disgrace.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017

Never. There are over 500+ school shootings in the US since 1840. Guns are easier to get, semi automatics are up for grabs, guns can be modded etc. More and more school shootings are happening as decades go by. The list per decade are getting longer and longer. Nothing will happen. "Muh guns" are more important than human lives. These people will always hide behind the 2nd amendment and blame something else for the killings.

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
Lethal toys* aren't more important than these peoples' lives.

for the vast majority of Americans

Grath

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Every other civilized nation in the world doesn't have 300 million guns in the hands of civilians. The US seems like a lost case. If somehow, miraculously, stricter gun laws are actually enabled, how's that gonna help at this point? Seems hopeless. The saddest part is that these shootings are so commonplace that the country has learned to live with them. The state of America is absolute madness.

They did it in Australia. It was quick and easy, because people saw that guns in civil hands are dangerous and have no benefits.

Nov 4, 2017
"Fake news"

"If they had guns someone could have stopped him"

"I'm a proud member of the NRA"

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people"

"I'll pray on it"
Honestly, I'm shocked you guys are so defeatist and cynical.

If you look at polls, even the majority of Republicans and registered gun owners are supportive of stricter gun laws.

The problem is the politicians don't represent people. They are bought and paid. They represent their donors. You guys are believing a lie.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
The fact that these poor people lost their lives over some trivial shit like Madden, due to the fact that anyone can basically just go to a store and buy a gun just breaks my heart.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
If only Madden required you to stand up for the National anthem before every game played this would have never happened.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there really no topic on gaming side? All gamers should be aware of this happening. No one's safe and toxic gaming culture is a serious problem. It feels sanitized having it only be on this side.