• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Why are people talking about the Dayton shooter being xenophobic? If that Twitter is then he had several tweets attacking ICE and Trump's immigration policy.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Why are people talking about the Dayton shooter being xenophobic? If that Twitter is then he had several tweets attacking ICE and Trump's immigration policy.

Because people have trouble comprehending that we have two serious problems in America (white supremacy and mass shootings) and those two problems don't always overlap....well we have lots of other problems, but those two are certainly in focus this week. It's fucking annoying and unhelpful.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
As a European, I find it insane that you can just walk into a store and buy something like this. That's just straight out of GTA.

Even as a Canadien... I mean my oncle is pretty big hunting fan, I've already tried shooting a couples of time at shooting range.... and I know how dangerous and destructive gun can be.... but when I see this...you are right this look just insane...

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's important to address the gun problem in the US separate from ideology and background. There have been and continue to be shootings in Chicago nearly every week for one reason or another and suicide by guns and accidental death by guns happen at an alarming rate as well. The problem is ease of access, zero training required to own and operate, and next to no background checks. White nationalism is a very real and growing problem that should be addressed on its own because it is affecting people's lives in more ways than shootings.

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
Oct 26, 2017
These people are too damn smart for me.

Need some way to kill those 30-50 hogs chasing your children

Lmao. What this guy thinks his backyard is like:

LightheartedMeagerHarvestmen-size_restricted.gif

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

CBC News Alerts @CBCAlerts

WATCH: Dayton, Ohio officials giving an update on mass shooting that left 9 dead. Police Chief Richard Biehl says the gunman had as many as 250 rounds of ammunition in his possession. At least 41 spent shell casings were recovered from the suspect alone. http://cbc.ca/1.5236470

Police chief says there is still no solid lead on motive, but they do not think the shooting was racially motivated. At least 14 of those who were injured and survived were shot; the rest were injured fleeing. At this point, 11 are still in hospital.

11:21 AM - Aug 5, 2019

CBS News @CBSNews

Dayton fire chief says 37 total patients were treated at area hospitals after the mass shooting. Eleven victims are still hospitalized. https://cbsn.ws/2yQSxvf

11:27 AM - Aug 5, 2019

ABC News @ABC

Dayton police chief on shooting suspect's firearm: "It is fundamentally problematic. To have that level of weaponry in a civilian environment, unregulated, is problematic." http://abcn.ws/2yD0x2E

11:30 AM - Aug 5, 2019

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy, conservatives are dropping in on the "If Trump is responsible for El Paso then Elizabeth Warren is responsible for Dayton" train now.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
It's clear that he was left leaning politics wise. It's unclear what lead to this as he didn't post any manifesto like the other guy did. Given that he killed his sister, it's probably something more personal.

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Funny thing is, with all the information we have about this guy, mental health might actually be the contributing factor. He had no manifesto, no support of violent groups, no glorifying of violence, etc.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
He was a registered Democrat and called himself a "leftist" in his Twitter bio. He even calling for gun control on Twitter after the Parkland shooting.
This is going to sound extremely insensitive, and I apologize if this is in bad taste...

He still literally proved his own point.

Regardless, gun violence is gun violence. While it's good that the public consciousness is more aware of certain magat terrorists, people have to realize that the call for action is to prevent guns from getting into the hands of ALL troubled people.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
America will never stop this shit

Any normal civilised country would have changed after Sandy Hook.

Americans just shrugged their shoulders and carried on until the next massacre.

Guns come before dead children.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Damn. there is CCTV video out there. If the Police hand't been there as quick as they were, there would have been dozens more dead. The guy was chasing dozens of people into a bar and was shot dead right before he got in. Crazy.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is the current assumption that he killed his sister because she was dating a black guy? That's the motive that seems to be getting hinted at...

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just seems like a deranged dude. Might have considered himself leftist but he also had a kill and rape list.

Dude was fucked up and there were so many red flags.

I feel like if you are found to have written something like a hit list/rape list or any kind of violent threats you should be barred from buying guns and potentially even having your legally owned guns confiscated. At the very least for some amount of years or some shit.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm trying to raise a little money for Everyday for Gun Safety on my Facebook if anyone cares to donate.

You obviously don't need to donate through there as they have their own site too. But I noticed a few people had shared my post and figured I would add a donate button in the hope that maybe I could help out even a little.

Kos Luftar

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand how all people that did not vote for Trump aren't out there protesting every single day until he resigns.

In other countries if there was this much violence, and it was clear that the president was inciting it, the people would be rushing the white house to oust him.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how all people that did not vote for Trump aren't out there protesting every single day until he resigns.

In other countries if there was this much violence, and it was clear that the president was inciting it, the people would be rushing the white house to oust him.
2 things.

The US is fairly tame as far as protests go. We will have a march and be done with it and nothing will change. I think this is largely due to how militarized our police is and how by the books and peaceful our protests tend to be. The media and government has done a great job at painting protesters as sleazes. Even peaceful protests are seen as negative if they slightly disrupt every day life. Such as blocking roads and such. Meanwhile look at Hong Kong or France and people are MAD and it shows.

People are desensitized. I remember there were plenty of protests pre-trump and after trump. Seemed like there was one every week.

But time after time again, nothing changed. Trump did something awful, this must be what breaks his presidency... NOPE. Repeat x100. it became a running gag on John Oliver with his "We got him" button.

I mean Trump should have been disqualified after grab em by the pussy. But he won. There should have been bipartisan support to impeach after he made vile comments, how he trusted Russia more than the intelligence community. How he paints the media and immigrants and enemies of the state. But nope.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor

I'm a proudly-openly-gay man. I have a lifetime of personal experience knowing my own state isn't on my side, let alone the police and the military. If I rush, I know I'm on my own, and I know I'm losing that fight

I'll always appreciate this forum's admiration for optimism, belief that the human heart is the strongest force alive, and trust that justice always finds its place in the end of every story. But not all of us are getting that happy ending others of us will

notsol337

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like he wanted to be a gun control martyr based on the gear he had.

/tinfoil hat

I feel the same way. The NFA needs to be repealed and replaced in one shot to cover modern firearms, and actually just ban things instead of making it such a huge tax that only rich people can buy guns.