• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just heard about this. We were also just in Gilroy a free days ago and considered going to the garlic festival. Scary as hell.

Oct 27, 2017
Listen to how mundane a mass shooting is in the US. That's what shocked me about this video. "Hmm? Oh a shooting? What an odd place to have a mass shooting smh"

People react to things like that a bit different depending on the person. Also they could have been not right next to the actual area with the shooter.

Horrible situation

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Literally verbatim. "Who shoot up a garlic festival, bruh?"

I get people deal with shock differently but jesus.
Probably 100 different thoughts going through their mind at the moment. Is it fireworks, the noise sounds far off, is it a car backfire, is it some kind of police exercise, this can't be real, etc. A lot of times it's hard to make sense of things like these as it happens. You see almost everybody else running and shouting. Trust me, a majority of people hear a gun and see running in America, we are getting the fuck out of there.

Hope nobody dies here.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't sound like things are good when you look at the updates to that article.
I hate this, every time it happens.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I should point out that this festival is massive and always crowded. My wife and I went there once and we were in insane traffic, got there and stood in the crowds and insane heat for about 30 minutes and left.

teacup

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I actually don't understand how an entire country's lawmakers are ok with guns like this :( so aad

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I actually don't understand how an entire country's lawmakers are ok with guns like this
source.gif

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
welp, checked cnn frontpage to see what they had to say, turns out there was a mass shooting in NY yesterday I didn't hear about. Shitty weekend

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
Checking the Citizen's app atm and looks like the suspect left a bag with a magazine inside.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
NBC Bay Area is reporting now

At least 11 people reportedly injured.

A witness is speaking on air that the shooter was aiming at necks. Fuck.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
From USA Today:
Evenny Reyes of Gilroy, 13, told the San Jose Mercury News that she spent the day at the festival with her friends and relatives when chaos erupted.
"We were just leaving and we saw a guy with a bandana wrapped around his leg because he got shot. And there were people on the ground, crying," Reyes said. "There was a little kid hurt on the ground. People were throwing tables and cutting fences to get out."
Reyes said the scene was "like the movies — everyone was crying, people were screaming."
The reports came in near the end of the annual festival's third and final day. More than 80,000 people attended the event last year, held about 30 miles south of San Jose.

Hoping things aren't as bad as they sound.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus. One of the happier and just good energy events I've ever been to. What a horrid thing to learn about.

Stay safe everyone.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

"
Another witness, Julissa Contreras, told the TV station that she saw a white man in his early to mid-30s firing a rifle that was "able to shoot three to four shots a second."

"It was just rapid firing," she said. "I could see him shooting in just every direction. He wasn't aiming at anyone specifically. It was just left to right, right to left. ... He definitely was prepared for what he was doing."

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
hopefully not inappropriate commentary, but today I learned how my favorite font got its name.

hoping for no casualties and that everyone affected recovers.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh...God that rifle witness account is horrifying. I won't surprised if the shooter used an AR-15 or something. I'm about ready to like riot or something. Something needs to be done about gun violence in this country.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Fuck
I don't even know how to feel about these things anymore

Anyone who's ever been to this, how's the security?

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck
I don't even know how to feel about these things anymore

Anyone who's ever been to this, how's the security?
I went last year and I very specifically remember seeing a good amount of police working the event. Not sure if there were any traditional security guards there as well.

The crowds this festival pull in are HUGE.