• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sky Chief

Oct 30, 2017
Ugh...God that rifle witness account is horrifying. I won't surprised if the shooter used an AR-15 or something. I'm about ready to like riot or something. Something needs to be done about gun violence in this country.

I heard on the local news unconfirmed reports that an AK-47 magazine was recovered by police. They're also saying (all unconfirmed of course) that there are potentially two shooters wearing camo fatigues, one is still active, one victim may have been as young as three years old.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho

"
Another witness, Julissa Contreras, told the TV station that she saw a white man in his early to mid-30s firing a rifle that was "able to shoot three to four shots a second."

"It was just rapid firing," she said. "I could see him shooting in just every direction. He wasn't aiming at anyone specifically. It was just left to right, right to left. ... He definitely was prepared for what he was doing."
jeez I hate this country

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
With this kind of stuff the shooter doesn't even have to go inside to start - who's going to try to stop someone that shows up to the gate with rifles
The main entrance is blocked by the cops. I am not sure if there is any exception, but most people have to park elsewhere and take the official shuffle buses to get to the park. Of course, the vendors and entertainers should be able to park their vehicles at the park, but.

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
12 people down (unknown if all related to gunfire) and 3 fatalities have been confirmed so far by city officials.

One shooter in custody. Unknown if there are more shooters at large.

Supercrap

Oct 28, 2017
Oakland Bay Area
The main entrance is blocked by the cops. I am not sure if there is any exception, but most people have to park elsewhere and take the official shuffle buses to get to the park. Of course, the vendors and entertainers should be able to park their vehicles at the park, but.

Yeah I haven't been to the festival in A few years, surprised not surprised this happened in the bay area - things are out of hand everywhere :(

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
12 people down and 3 fatalities have been confirmed so far by city officials.

One shooter in custody.
Fuck, I really try not letting myself live in fear of something like this happening around me or my family, but it's so hard not to think about.

Those poor dozen people were just some of thousands that went out to have a good time, to participate in our shared society. Now someone or some people fucked up their lives forever.

OP
OP
HammerFace

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is the closest shooting to me geographically. Gilroy just doesn't seem like the place this would happen. And at the garlic festival of all events.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
Who the fuck would open fire at a garlic festival?

Not that any place is appropriate to open fire, but this is bizarre

How is it bizarre? mass shootings are designed to cause mass casualties.. so any place with a crowd is a target. What is more surprising is there hasn't been one at a major sporting event. Even outside a big event like an NFL game there are huge crowds with no security to get to.

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Fuck, I really try not letting myself live in fear of something like this happening around me or my family, but it's so hard not to think about.

Those poor dozen people were just some of thousands that went out to have a good time, to participate in our shared society. Now someone or some people fucked up their lives forever.
It is getting harder and harder to balance what are the risks and rewards when deciding to do something publicly. Especially when family is involved, it is extremely depressing when doubt like this creeps in even with an event that should be safe.

Be safe and the best to your family.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How is it bizarre? mass shootings are designed to cause mass casualties.. so any place with a crowd is a target. What is more surprising is there hasn't been one at a major sporting event. Even outside a big event like an NFL game there are huge crowds with no security to get to.
The security inside a professional ballpark is more strict than a local fair. You are walking through a metal detector with bag check.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
"Even outside a big event"

Every sporting event I've been to, be it college or professional, has metal detectors, pat downs and bag checks. Since they take place in enclosed arenas, where its easier to more strictly control who goes in and out, as opposed to a fair or an outdoor concert or something like that.

javiBear

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Holy shit. I'm glad my girlfriend got sick and we weren't able to attend today. Fucking hell. With the fact that the shooter was a white male dressed in camo coming out, I'm going to bet this was race related. A lot of Hispanic people from the area attend the Garlic Festival, and I bet it was some nazi Trump dickrider that did this shit. Fuck the shooter and motherfuck Trump for enabling pieces of shit like him.

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
Scary shit... my coworker often takes his family to events like this. Hoping they weren't there this weekend.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Every sporting event I've been to, be it college or professional, has metal detectors, pat downs and bag checks. Since they take place in enclosed arenas, where its easier to more strictly control who goes in and out, as opposed to a fair or an outdoor concert or something like that.
I know but again they said outside an event. I thought they were talking about parking lot and outside entrance area. I don't think you get bag checked before then?

Geeko

Oct 27, 2017
San Jose, CA
I live in San Jose and just heard about this. Scary thing is that my wife considered going out there today with our kid but didn't because it was just too damn hot today. Fortunately, no one I know as of this moment has been affected by this but my condolences go out to those that have been impacted.

Our country needs better gun laws because shit like this keeps on happening so frequently. It's just sad to see people lose their lives because lawmakers would rather line their pockets than do the right thing.

Oct 28, 2017
This is fucking horrible. These weapons are legal because rednecks think they're fun and people are dying for it. It's just unacceptable.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
At a Garlic Festival? I doubt they had any serious security. I mean who would shoot up a Garlic Festival of all places?
Who the fuck would open fire at a garlic festival?

Not that any place is appropriate to open fire, but this is bizarre
Isn't that what the shooters want people to think? What are "the more appropriate" place anyway, schools? hospitals?

Lots of these crazy whoresons shoot people just for sport. The less security there is, the better.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Last edited:

MindofKB

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
I was at the festival yesterday, I've gone almost every year for the last 20 years.

I'm thinking the shooters are locals, because security wanded and patted down EVERYONE going into the festival. There's no way you could get semi-automatic weapons into the entrance.

But, the locals know that there are multiple ways into Christmas Hill Park.

Rockstar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
US
User Banned (5 Days): Posting an Inappropriate GIF in a Sensitive Thread; Accumulated Infractions
Mod Edit: Inappropriate GIF removed

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptSpaulding

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
If this is another alt-right terrorist...he picked an unusual target. I think that area is slightly more white and conservative than most of California....

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
The US probably needs more guns to protect themselves, we also need to remember that we should concentrate all effort in the impossible task of fixing human mental illness instead of the possible thing that worked in Australia or whatever.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. I'm glad my girlfriend got sick and we weren't able to attend today. Fucking hell. With the fact that the shooter was a white male dressed in camo coming out, I'm going to bet this was race related. A lot of Hispanic people from the area attend the Garlic Festival, and I bet it was some nazi Trump dickrider that did this shit. Fuck the shooter and motherfuck Trump for enabling pieces of shit like him.

These types of comments annoy me. People of all races/nationalities were wounded/killed. Let's wait for the facts before we speculate.