• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ctj

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, California
Holy shit my sister and grandma almost went to this but my other sister didn't want to go so they all stayed home. RIP to the victims, this is fucking horrible.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
jokes?? it's just a quote from a movie, calm the fuck down.

You obviously lack either social or critical thinking skills. People are getting murdered and your first thought is comic book movies. And second thought is to post gifs in here. Maybe tomorrow when the next mass shooting happens sit the thread out.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Festival has people coming in from all over the Bay Area so it is pretty diverse.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
It's a big agricultural center (hence Garlic Festival) so the area is majority Hispanic with a white conservative minority

Gilroy has mostly a white population, plus with the festival being huge, it's drawing in all sorts of people from the area.

Edit: Reading conflicting stats on the demographics now. Some say a majority, others say not.

Wikipedia says not, so I'm going to assume between that and your link that the other sites I saw were incorrect.

Lorcain

Oct 27, 2017
Another white shooter killing innocents. Meanwhile, Trump is focused on trying to get Antifa added to the terrorist list.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
At a fucking Garlic festival... Jesus Christ, I can't fucking take this shit. Country is a shithole

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looking at the crowds, you can only be thankful for the 'incompetence' of the shooter, as the count could have been even more tragic.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh... I haven't even been to the festival yet, but it like doesn't even matter where you go. Always bad news :( I was at the hospital today for a relative and it already sucks that they require metal detectors and security checks before you go in. I'll never get used to that...

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
I'm seeing pics of a supposed suspects post on social media claiming responsibility. Ain't posting that shit without confirmation first from official sources.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
pretty much every single large event is going to need massive security. I was at quakecon and we had bag checks, police everywhere, and metal detectors. This is gonna be needed everywhere pretty soon.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Can this please stop fucking happening? What possesses someone to get up and go murder? I know the answer but still, fuck.

Oct 29, 2017
The local news in the Bay Area just reported an three year old boy was killed. I have an friend who lives in that area with an son that age. Senseless

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hope the death toll doesn't climb up. about to go to sleep and i really hope i don't wake up to some absurd death figure.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Yeah this is why I don't like going to big events in the US. Can't even be safe at a fucking garlic festival.

Satori

Nov 13, 2017
Dammit, I have family that lives in and around that area. I tried calling but no one is picking up >< Sorry just feeling scared and frustrated

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus. Can't even go to a damn garlic festival without worrying about get shot at by some psychopath.

Oct 2, 2018
There honestly is a greater concern in the US than some fucking border wall. Issues like Gun control.

When is America ever gonna wake up? Can't wait for the kids to grow up and can vote and can affect policy.