• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
I know there is always a news report of possible "additional shooters", but I am trying to remember if those reports are usually limited to media speculation. I don't remember the police reporting the possibility like that before.

The police report it almost every single time like clockwork. Better safe than sorry, there is very little value in being a pedant when people are in the process of being shot at. But as an observer you can generally assume that there's a high chance of just one shooter.

The nature of these events is confusing and the sounds of shots ringing out isn't really all that much like what people are largely familiar with from movies. So it's just one of those things that seems tied to mass shootings. Until the situation gets definitively cleared up, people will assume there is more than one shooter.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you ever wonder what it would take for America to re-evaluate it's gun laws? Like, if a group armed to the teeth with guns roll up to Disneyland and kill hundreds of parents and kids, is that enough?

Unless the politicians themselves are personally effect nothing will ever change because empathy does not exist in Washington DC.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I've not been to the US one but the Paris one literally has armed guards with rifles at the entrance. You'd need to get a weapon by them and their metal detector gates. I'd assume the American park has the same at least.
Disneyland does not have armed guards at the entrance. There are basic metal detectors and bag checks though.

pulsemyne

Oct 30, 2017
Fucking hell the video from outside the store is grim. People just shot while putting their groceries in the cars etc. Don't watch it if you don't want to make your blood boil.

OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone sees anything they think should be added to the top post, @ me.

I scrolled passed a body on twitter, so I'm not checking anymore.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Be careful searching for news on this, someone put a video of a dead man laying on the floor with blood spilling from his head. Fucking christ. Hope that is quickly removed.

Awfulm

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Disneyland does not have armed guards at the entrance. There are basic metal detectors and bag checks though.

Huh, that's genuinely surprising then. The Paris one had either military or police at the train station and car park just by the entrance. Was the first time I've actually seen security with assault rifles so it caught me off guard. Had to read up on it at the time and they had a gun scare a few years back.

Oct 25, 2017
Twitter I think is going to be wildly inaccurate for the next couple hours minus the shock pictures/videos.

Would wait for more from the PD twitter accounts or from major news outlets in the area

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you ever wonder what it would take for America to re-evaluate it's gun laws? Like, if a group armed to the teeth with guns roll up to Disneyland and kill hundreds of parents and kids, is that enough?

I mean we literally had a guy shoot into a massive crowd and shoot 500 people from a balcony in Las Vegas and that didn't move the needle. We've had an entire pre-school of little children slaughtered and nothing was done. It doesn't matter how much blood runs on the pavement as long as the people who can change the laws keep getting their paychecks from the NRA nothing will ever change.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts and prayers. Sucks that there weren't more good guys with guns at the scene.

But on a serious note, this is horrid news. Hope they catch the gunman.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
Hopefully it's just a single shooter. There's almost always reports of multiple shooters, do to multiple people reporting a shooter.
In a country where so many people carry a gun, I´m surprised it doesn´t escalate more often to other people taking out their guns in response, creating the "multiple shooters" situation.

I really hope this isn´t as bad as it looks. A fucking Wallmart, of all places.

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if its possible for everyone in the U.S to six degrees of separation to a mass shooting. Also wondering what the timeframe would be, like in the last six months, year, two years?

They just happen way too often.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
It won't change. This country has normalized gun "enthusiasm" and "hobbyists" instead of calling it what it is: deranged.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's always interesting to me that Republican rhetoric centers on guns making people safer, yet not one of these cowards will allow people to openly carry weapons at their conventions. Hmm... I wonder why that is?

It's not a constant fear of mine but an active shooter is always in the back of my head where I work. I have to think about which route I'd take to escape, how to get my coworkers out, etc. It's fucked that I have to even have that thought. I have never, never, been in a situation where being around a gun has made me feel safe.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't sound good but still hoping for no casualties

When an NRA rally is disrupted by by an active shooter, when its finally them that are in the the crosshairs, they would give a shit. If I ever lost my family in a mass shooting due to these corrupt motherfuckers, its what I'd do, and every one of them would deserve to die.
just no

Katamari

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Many people don't fault guns for mass shootings. They blame the shooter. They argue that banning different guns won't change the outcome.

We can't even get stricter laws about purchasing guns. I don't think we can expect any change, especially it being low on the list of things for Democrats to fix in this country.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
they need to fucking play those eyewitness videos and show ppl the true horror of these crimes. fucking makes me sick to my stomach but that's the reality of things. sanitizing the brutality of guns is bullshit.

there's way more than just one dead just from the amount in that parking lot.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
they need to fucking play those eyewitness videos and show ppl the true horror of these crimes. fucking makes me sick to my stomach

there's way more than just one dead just from the amount in that parking lot.

They don't care. People that buy guns and defend gun rights are fucked in the head, all of them.