• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
I feel like white supremacist shootings will increase as we approach the election, especially if polls show that Trump will lose, resulting in these pricks starting to panic.

RIP to the victims.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
So the police chief(?) confirmed that the shooter was from Allen. That's north DFW, roughly 659 miles away from El Paso.

Pure speculation, but the shooter came a long way to shoot up the Wal-Mart/mall. El Paso is also significantly more Hispanic than DFW (80% compared to 28%).

Also, one of the other senior LEOs at this press conference directly attributed the manifesto to the shooter. So I think it's safe to say it's his.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder about this POS governor Abbott

EBEqJ0NWwAAcbZ8.jpg

literally a salesperson for the NRA and gun manufacturers. And you know the pay ain't bad.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The GOP is a white nationalist terrorist organization. Never forget that and don't be afraid to call them what they are.

SvennusDemonicus

alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
they didn't even do anything

good to get verification on everything but it's wild to me that all of this accurate information on his manifesto/identity was already seen/disseminated and discussed hours ago. that recent black mirror episode was just depicting reality.

he had a twitter/facebook/linkedin and that was enough to corroborate a lot about this guy. namely that he was a trump supporting white nationalist terrorist
Which episode is that?

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Fox News guest and Fox anchor agree that now is not the time to talk about gun violence, and instead people should be behaving more like President Trump.

Fox News anchor and guest suggest there may be an ISIS connection to El Paso shooting, especially given the proximity to the "very porous" border.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
You know I absolutely agree the manifesto in full shouldn't be shared but I'm seeing Twitter posts directly or indirectly saying we shouldn't focus on the shooter's motivations (e.g.: https://twitter.com/freeblackgirl/status/1157793053718880257?s=20 )

That is absurd.

Of COURSE we need to focus on the shooter's motivations. You know how many people in America still think that right-wing/white nationalist extremism is exaggerated by the left in the same way left-wing extremism is exaggerated by the right? How many still wave off the real and persistent threat of these fucking right-wing lunatics? The amount of "both sides" shit that still goes on? "Oh yeah well right-wing extremists are bad but also look at Antifa."

This equivalence will not die until people are reminded, CONSTANTLY, of how many of these mass shootings have been committed by Trump-loving, MAGA psychopaths.

If the manifesto is verified, people need to be informed that the crux of the motivation here was a perceived "hispanic invasion" and "replacement" of white people and link that to the language used by this administration and Trump himself.

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York
So the police chief(?) confirmed that the shooter was from Allen. That's north DFW, roughly 659 miles away from El Paso.

Pure speculation, but the shooter came a long way to shoot up the Wal-Mart/mall. El Paso is also significantly more Hispanic than DFW (80% compared to 28%).

Also, one of the other senior LEOs at this press conference directly attributed the manifesto to the shooter. So I think it's safe to say it's his.

Would have to take a surprising turn at this point for the "speculation" to not be close to the truth. Like, "He casually posted a racist anti-immigrant manifesto, then drove 659 miles to a Walmart in El Paso to shoot his cheating wife all because she cheated on him. Everyone else was just collateral of his rage and mental illness fueled by animosity to his wife."

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Donald Trump, fuck Fox News, fuck the NRA, fuck Greg Abbott, and fuck every single person who calls themselves a republican.

I hope every single one of them rots. This needs to fucking stop.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Trump KNOWS his words will do this. They have before. They will do it again.

He. Doesn't. Care. Because. He Doesn't. Value. The Lives of people that aren't White.

We cannot stand for his rhetoric. We cannot stand for the existing gun culture.

However many times this happens, we must always hurt, and fight, until it stops.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
As if we can't talk about our problems and give compassion to victims at the same time. Somehow republicans always think we can only do one thing at a time.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

He. Doesn't. Care. Because. He Doesn't. Value. The Lives of people that aren't White.

However many times this happens, we must always hurt, and fight, until it stops.

That's all good, but what actually happens? Literally nothing. People will just keep getting slaughtered.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana

yep, 100000000%

at this point sitting by and letting it continue is tantamount to being complicit in it and being okay with future attacks. enough is enough. we all knew trump had the potential to incite this type of violence with his rhetoric and here it is now with 20 dead plus the victim in VA.

enough is enough.

considering dude was on 8chan, that's 100% probable

and wolf blitzer talking about this shit now shows why the media WILL NEVER GET IT.

Oct 25, 2017
You know I absolutely agree the manifesto in full shouldn't be shared but I'm seeing Twitter posts directly or indirectly saying we shouldn't focus on the shooter's motivations (e.g.: https://twitter.com/freeblackgirl/status/1157793053718880257?s=20 )

That is absurd.

Of COURSE we need to focus on the shooter's motivations. You know how many people in America still think that right-wing/white nationalist extremism is exaggerated by the left in the same way left-wing extremism is exaggerated by the right? How many still wave off the real and persistent threat of these fucking right-wing lunatics? The amount of "both sides" shit that still goes on? "Oh yeah well right-wing extremists are bad but also look at Antifa."

This equivalence will not die until people are reminded, CONSTANTLY, of how many of these mass shootings have been committed by Trump-loving, MAGA psychopaths.

If the manifesto is verified, people need to be informed that the crux of the motivation here was a perceived "hispanic invasion" and "replacement" of white people and link that to the language used by this administration and Trump himself.
This problem is not solvable. White America wants this and White America always gets what it wants, even to its own detriment.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

He doesn't care about anyone that isn't Donald Trump. He only placates himself to the whites because he knows they are stupid enough to vote for him.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
That's all good, but what actually happens? Literally nothing. People will just keep getting slaughtered.
I've donated to the fund. I've shared the link as widely as I can. I will talk to my representatives. I will do everything I can to support sensible gun control. I will do everything I can to fight any politicians using their platform to share anti immigrant rhetoric or to fight against gun control.

What do you propose differently? I know I didn't spell out what I meant by saying 'we can't stand for this' but it didn't mean 'post angry things on the internet and do nothing else'.