• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
I mean, I'm no expert on guns, but I have handled them, and it took me less than a second to chamber a round, so with training I presume it would be faster. If you were going to use your gun in self defence, I can't see that split-second difference making up for a guy who has pre-planned taking you out anyway.
Its just a fetishied hollywood fantasy.

Some bad hombre with a crowbar is breaking and entering your home to rape your family and you are the hero with the gun who saves the day.

It's the fantasies and ramblings of insane people who should be in a psychic ward and on some serious meds.

Also the open carry psychopaths in the pictures above would be dead already. If I were a shooter I'd take out the potential threats first. No gun on your back will save you if I want to kill you. You are just shopping there and I'm there to end lives and you are probably in the way -> you go first while pulling out your credit card.

The Struggler

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 3, 2019
In a self defense situation you don't have time to chamber a round.

As for the lask of manual safties this is pretty common. Many have trigger, drop and grip safties that automatically disengage when you hold the weapon properly and pull the trigger.
This is why people in America shouldnt have gun, self defense this and that. Seriosuly you are treating the 21st century like the fucking wild west and you can solve all problems with a gun, unbelievable

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not very familiar with guns tbh. How easy it to accidentally fire your gun if the safety is off with a bullet in the chamber?
You just need to pull the trigger.
Some guns have safety mechanism around the trigger aimed to prevent accidentally pulling it, but if you have a bullet chambered and no external safety (or if that safety off), it will fire a bullet.
Most modern firearms has some sort of safety measure to prevent accidental discharge when the gun is dropped, but they're not perfect, and it's always safer to not have a bullet in the chamber.

anamika

May 18, 2018

Hey psychopaths looking to kill indiscriminately, have you considered legally slaughtering poor brown foreigners instead of Americans?

lol, yeah. What the fuck is this? Don't kill brown people in America. Take your guns and go kill the brown people in other countries. That's more palatable for Americans.

And this guy is a democrat.

Last edited:

Thordinson

Banned
Aug 1, 2018
Worth re-iterating that open-carry nutcases like the ones in those photos are in the extreme minority. The only place you'd ever have a chance of seeing idiots like that are in places like rural Texas, even then its still highly unlikely. Every gun owner I've ever spoken with on the subject despises the open-carry community, because they only serve to scare the shit out of people and give responsible gun owners a bad name. I guarantee you 99.999% of the Americans on Era have never seen an AR-15 or AK-47 in person, much less being carried by some lunatic at the fucking grocery store.

I have in Texas. Hell, we had people protesting openly carrying downtown and in parks. It's not exactly uncommon.

RIP. I wish I could promise them that things will change...

Oct 25, 2017
But my question is, isn't FBI already supposed to be monitoring these shitholes? They are apparently all over Jihadi forums and whatnot, masquerading as posters.

From my understanding, there was an FBI task force that Trump disbanded early on in his presidency.

I fully expect this situation to continue to worsen.

There is so much shit Trump has done that will have major ramifications yet to be seen.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
You just need to pull the trigger.
Some guns have safety mechanism around the trigger aimed to prevent accidentally pulling it, but if you have a bullet chambered and no external safety (or if that safety off), it will fire a bullet.
Most modern firearms has some sort of safety measure to prevent accidental discharge when the gun is dropped, but they're not perfect, and it's always safer to not have a bullet in the chamber.

Yikes at that video. 2/3 of drops resulting in accidental discharge.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Look at the comments/thread of the picture dude. That's where I pulled the why can't she speak English in America, from.

Yes

But you linked this guys tweet not theirs. His tweet was what looks like an on the scene interview he did at like noon

Which you then posted hours later as proof of a Trumpist narrative

Every journalist gets alt-right responses because alt-righters are perpetually online and searching for spaces to invade.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
This is why people in America shouldnt have gun, self defense this and that. Seriosuly you are treating the 21st century like the fucking wild west and you can solve all problems with a gun, unbelievable

A gun could have prevented my family member from being overpowered and raped while walking the dog one day. A bluff of a gun helped prevent the rape of a coworkers wife while showing houses as a real estate agent.

Turns out people suck and sometimes a weapon is all you have to prevent violence by a foe with superior strength.

Not everyone needs one on hand 24/7, but they are very useful as defense for at risk groups or minorities.

kingPaPi

Mar 28, 2018
Nyc/LA
You don't live in an action movie. If you don't have time to do that, you don't have time to use your gun to protect yourself either in this scenario.
Kinda confused by this post

iv had more friends and family member lose there life to gun violence than I have fingers and toes in the last 8 years alone

Not only does chambering a bullet take time, but it also requires two hands.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Its an impossible thing to train for unless youve been in that situation before. Same with the military and combat. You can take steps to help, but its impossible to know 100% what someone is going to do when put into that situation.

then why should normal, untrained people be able to access weapons like these?

Kinda confused by this post

iv had more friends and family member lose there life to gun violence than I have fingers and toes in the last 8 years alone

and your solution is... more guns? chamber your weapons? give me a break.

The Struggler

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 3, 2019
A gun could have prevented my family member from being overpowered and raped while walking the dog one day. A bluff of a gun helped prevent the rape of a coworkers wife while showing houses as a real estate agent.

Turns out people suck and sometimes a weapon is all you have to prevent violence by a foe with superior strength.

Not everyone needs one on hand 24/7, but they are very useful as defense for at risk groups or minorities.
You know what and Im sorry there are going to be shitty things and shitty people but again a gun wont fix those problems, now whose to say they still over power them and the gun taken away and then murdered? Also the fact that people think its easy to kill and or take a life is sickening

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yikes at that video. 2/3 of drops resulting in accidental discharge.
It should be noted that this gun is rather uniquely unsafe, and I wouldn't expect a glock to perform like that on a drop test.
But the thing with guns is that it's always about defense in layers, like, you never ever aim a gun at someone you're not about to shoot, even if you're pretty damn sure that the gun is not loaded.
You're not doing those things because it's likely, you're doing them because if you mess up, the consequences can be horrific, and you want to reduce that possibility as much as you can, because people do mess up from time to time.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017

It appears Trump still stopped by a wedding at his golf club after El Paso happened.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like an accident waiting to happen. Shouldn't be legal imo
Trigger safeties (like that in the Glock) are designed so that, if you intentionally pull the trigger, it will go off. An accidental/negligent discharge is unlikely unless it involves someone inserting their finger into the trigger guard and pulling the trigger with sufficient force.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, because then I would be linking a bunch of tweets. But you are right, I made the mistake of not clarifying to click to show the entire thread where comments are made.

You also made the mistake of literally claiming that guy's tweet was an example of a Trumpist crafting a narrative

When his timeline is full of him being on the ground reporting about the horrid ways immigrants are being treated by the Trump government

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
jFVAryD.jpg

6XbQ6rv.jpg

It's like Afghanistan just with a Walmart shopped in.
U01tJLq.jpg

Y7T4Ncg.jpg

YMB

Nov 6, 2017
then why should normal, untrained people be able to access weapons like these?
Theres training as far as when you should pull a gun and knowing the ramifications of doing so, but theres only so much to know as far as the tool itself. Most defensive gun use is done by people who have not had hours and hours of training. A gun is not a complicated thing.

Jul 18, 2018
You also made the mistake of literally claiming that guy's tweet was an example of a Trumpist crafting a narrative

When his timeline is full of him being on the ground reporting about the horrid ways immigrants are being treated by the Trump government
I mean this is all under the assumption people clicked the actual tweet to see the comments since I did refer to what they were saying in which they would see his tweet. But so far it doesn't seem anyone that quoted my post were thinking he was one. So that's fine since they actually clicked it because you know I mentioned supporter(s) and said ..

"Yup, they are going with the narrative that multiple gunmen are involved and that the media is hiding information from public. " So I'm assuming they clicked it to see the hiding information, English part etc etc. Which they would see the guys tweet after saying it was false.

But I edited the post for anyone new that will see it

CaptSpaulding

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
I wonder if this will finally convince the rest of any remaining Republican Hispanics left in Texas to switch their votes. Ironically this guy might accomplish what he set out to prevent, turning Texas blue.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Bolsonaro said today that gun control is not the problem, that in Brazil we dont have guns around and we also had a similar shooting...

He just forgot to say that we got 1, the USA had over 200 this year alone. What a piece of shit. It's unbelievable how he works 100% of the time trying to show how aligned he is with Trump / USA.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
The depressing thing is that this wave of white nationalistic terrorism is probably only going to increase if Trump is booted out in 2020 since at least now they feel like their guy is in power. The only thing more volatile than an extremist who feels validated is an extermist who first feels validated and then spurned.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
Oct 28, 2017
Why exactly would I just have my pistol in my hand?

Because I'm a young black man that lives in St. Louis and Chicago. I have friends and family that live in extremely high violence areas.

I'm also pretty successful so I know In certain areas I'm viewed as a target.

In a real life situation I won't have time to chamber a bullet.

I truthfully don't even like guns.
In a real life situation, you could very easily not have time to draw your weapon. Hell, why not just keep your gun in hand and at the ready at all times????

Even then, you never know if somebody will shoot you in your blindside so you should always travel with another person armed and ready and always watching each other's 6s.

Deleted member 12447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As I keep stating to anybody who will hear me.

I wish we could get rid of guns but we can't. The unfortunate truth is within 10 minutes of everybody in this discord is likely a gun of some form. You can't simply make that go away.

What we can do though is educate our children both in the game, and at the school level in both the meaning of a life, and how to be around guns. I'm not saying we take them shooting, but just like STDs, and other things we teach them they need to understand the weight behind them, as well as the value of a life. Many youths today don't really grasp that when someone's gone, they don't come back. They act on impulse and lack rationing ahead of time but if we do a better job instilling the system that every life matters then we have a chance for tomorrow.

I'm tired of this shit happening.

kingPaPi

Mar 28, 2018
Nyc/LA
In a real life situation, you could very easily not have time to draw your weapon. Hell, why not just keep your gun in hand and at the ready at all times????

Even then, you never know if somebody will shoot you in your blindside so you should always travel with another person armed and ready and always watching each other's 6s.

Lol I knew better than to post in the thread.