• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
Trump is visiting El Paso on Wednesday. The Grifter in Chief still owes the city 470k for a rally in February.

In February, Trump had a campaign rally in the El Paso County Coliseum. As of mid-June, the campaign still owed the city of El Paso just over $470,000 for assistance from six city departments, according to an invoice.

City officials said Monday that the Trump bill still has not been paid.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Nothing new here but

[mod edit: manifesto removed]

e: oops ^. Was a page of their manifesto with phrases highlighted pointed to specific right wing talking point tweets.

Last edited:

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
How could America go from electing her first black President to this?
By never addressing the root of its problems. America may have elected that black President but the opposing party and its constituents spent the entirety of that president's reign lying about him, demonizing him, threatening him, misrepresenting him and working doubly hard to oppose and destroy every one of that president's social and political goals. Going all the way back to Antebellum, electing a black president means little in the context of a country that never punished but rather idolized the monstrous anti-black Confederacy and turned them into war heroes. The end of the Civil War and the response to the segregationist traitors was the essential turning point as to whether the US became a country of equality or a country of oppression and the US chose the latter.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Michael Barbaro @mikiebarb

24 hours ago, in front of a teleprompter, Trump said this:

"Now is the time to set destructive partisanship aside, so destructive, and find the courage to answer hatred with unity, devotion, and love."

Tonight on Twitter, he said this: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1158950196560171014 …

Beto (phony name to indicate Hispanic heritage) O'Rourke, who is embarrassed by my last visit to the Great State of Texas, where I trounced him, and is now even more embarrassed by polling at 1% in the Democrat Primary, should respect the victims & law enforcement - & be quiet!​

12:31 AM - Aug 7, 2019

Cult leader is still going to inspect the work done by his cultist.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Eric Bradner @ericbradner

For what it's worth: I interviewed a bunch of people at the growing memorial at the Walmart in El Paso today, including a couple Trump supporters, for a story.

No one criticized O'Rourke. Nearly all of them brought up Trump's history of racist comments, mostly without me asking. https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1158950196560171014 …

Mostly I heard stuff like this: Mothers told me they were going to leave their kids at home when they go shopping, and were trying to figure out how they could home-school. A Trump backer who said he's a big Second Amendment supporter said he wants an assault weapons ban.

Here are some pictures from the makeshift memorial (sorry for the wavy pano), including a couple messages to Trump.

ntCScey.jpg

UUx3Xq5.jpg

U1Ni2UX.jpg

12:18 AM - Aug 7, 2019

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017

This is the Beto that we need in America. I know a lot of people here shit on him for whatever reason, I acknowledge his shortcomings, but god damn, this is what leadership is and this is what we need to heal this country. I can not believe how far we have fallen off track. If he doesnt win the primary, I hope who ever does gets him as their VP.

And if not this cycle, maybe next. I hope he keeps fighting. The dude cares.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
This is the Beto that we need in America. I know a lot of people here shit on him for whatever reason, I acknowledge his shortcomings, but god damn, this is what leadership is and this is what we need to heal this country. I can not believe how far we have fallen off track. If he doesnt win the primary, I hope who ever does gets him as their VP.

And if not this cycle, maybe next. I hope he keeps fighting. The dude cares.

people, i, shitted on beto because he stopped being beto and conformed to some weird soft ass version of himself.

This is the dude that got me excited for him.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

(CNN) - The El Paso shooting suspect's mother called the Allen, Texas, Police Department weeks before the shooting because she was concerned about her son owning an "AK" type firearm, lawyers for the family confirmed to CNN.
The mother contacted police because she was worried about her son owning the weapon given his age, maturity level and lack of experience handling such a firearm, attorneys Chris Ayres and R. Jack Ayres said.
During the call, the mother was transferred to a public safety officer who told her that -- based on her description of the situation -- her son, 21, was legally allowed to purchase the weapon, the attorneys said. The mother did not provide her name or her son's name, and police did not seek any additional information from her before the call concluded, they added.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami

(CNN) - The El Paso shooting suspect's mother called the Allen, Texas, Police Department weeks before the shooting because she was concerned about her son owning an "AK" type firearm, lawyers for the family confirmed to CNN.
The mother contacted police because she was worried about her son owning the weapon given his age, maturity level and lack of experience handling such a firearm, attorneys Chris Ayres and R. Jack Ayres said.
During the call, the mother was transferred to a public safety officer who told her that -- based on her description of the situation -- her son, 21, was legally allowed to purchase the weapon, the attorneys said. The mother did not provide her name or her son's name, and police did not seek any additional information from her before the call concluded, they added.
Hasn't this happened before? Where friends/family have tried to warn law enforcement about a mass shooter in advance? The current system is a complete failure.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017

Honestly, what could the police have done? They certainly can't take the gun away if it was purchased legally. I would say that she would have to have been more than "concerned" for any sort of further involvement from the police.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Hasn't this happened before? Where friends/family have tried to warn law enforcement about a mass shooter in advance? The current system is a complete failure.

Well says she didn't leave any information so there would also be no records of this. Frankly sounds like the mom is just trying to cover her ass with the lawyers statement. If she felt the kid was dangerous and reported as such, the police would have more reason to get involved. Her calling and just saying she doesn't think he should own a gun isn't much to go on and then not leave any record? A quick google search would have told her just as much, so it really sounds like BS to me.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Honestly, what could the police have done? They certainly can't take the gun away if it was purchased legally. I would say that she would have to have been more than "concerned" for any sort of further involvement from the police.
Well says she didn't leave any information so there would also be no records of this. Frankly sounds like the mom is just trying to cover her ass with the lawyers statement. If she felt the kid was dangerous and reported as such, the police would have more reason to get involved. Her calling and just saying she doesn't think he should own a gun isn't much to go on and then not leave any record? A quick google search would have told her just as much, so it really sounds like BS to me.
It sounds as if she didn't bother because from the jump the police said it was legal and there was nothing they could do which we've heard before.

There should definitely be a system by which wellness checks can be done if a family member calls in with a report like this but I feel like that's happened too and the police still couldn't legally do anything.

Oct 25, 2017
the ocean
So this happened today in El Paso. To think that I live in the same country as this person.

Armed Trump supporter detained and released at El Paso immigrant center

"An armed Trump supporter was detained and released by police Wednesday outside a community space for immigrants in El Paso, Texas, days after a mass shooting that killed 22 people at a Walmart in the border town.

Witnesses said they called police after Thomas Bartram, 21, made threatening comments to people and brandished a knife while sitting in his truck outside of community center Casa Carmelita. His truck was emblazoned with pro-Trump banners and bumper stickers promoting InfoWars, a far-right conspiracy website and radio show…

...Reached by phone, Bartram said he often went to Trump rallies, but said he tried to be respectful of the high tensions in El Paso following the shootings—though he said he could not rule out the possibility that the massacre had been a "false flag" perpetrated by the government.

...Bartram is no longer in El Paso but on his way to Portland, Oregon, to attend a protest that local officials have warned is expected to turn violent.

"People can interpret my political opinion outside what they are; that's their right," he said. "But I'm definitely not a white supremacist."

thomas-bartram.jpg

shenden

Oct 27, 2017

Those tweets sure are...something else. Holy shit at that Julie White McCarty tweet. How in the fuck do you even think in those terms? I mean what the fuck!? Im a swede and I don't know much about US politics and who she/they are, but I just can't see how a human being can resonate like that. Are all republicans twisted and brainwashed like this? I mean, fuck!

SynthFetish

Oct 27, 2017
Nosgoth, Leviathan
So this happened today in El Paso. To think that I live in the same country as this person.

"An armed Trump supporter was detained and released by police Wednesday outside a community space for immigrants in El Paso, Texas, days after a mass shooting that killed 22 people at a Walmart in the border town.

Witnesses said they called police after Thomas Bartram, 21, made threatening comments to people and brandished a knife while sitting in his truck outside of community center Casa Carmelita. His truck was emblazoned with pro-Trump banners and bumper stickers promoting InfoWars, a far-right conspiracy website and radio show…

...Reached by phone, Bartram said he often went to Trump rallies, but said he tried to be respectful of the high tensions in El Paso following the shootings—though he said he could not rule out the possibility that the massacre had been a "false flag" perpetrated by the government.

...Bartram is no longer in El Paso but on his way to Portland, Oregon, to attend a protest that local officials have warned is expected to turn violent.

"People can interpret my political opinion outside what they are; that's their right," he said. "But I'm definitely not a white supremacist."

thomas-bartram.jpg

We don't want this asshole in Portland.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

thomas-bartram.jpg
sigh.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Those tweets sure are...something else. Holy shit at that Julie White McCarty tweet. How in the fuck do you even think in those terms? I mean what the fuck!? Im a swede and I don't know much about US politics and who she/they are, but I just can't see how a human being can resonate like that. Are all republicans twisted and brainwashed like this? I mean, fuck!

The more you push towards progress, the more you push bigots up against a wall.

Now anything they do to fight for their "survival" is justified.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017

They aren't. There are layers to this. People who use the rhetoric but don't believe in it like those fake preachers that sell you supplies for the apocalypse. They are in it for money or power and hop on the racist train. Like the guys on Fox News, they don't believe the shit they are spewing. Not sure where the McCarty family fits in but for many Republicans this is just their public persona.

It's like Nazi Kayfabe.

In my mind that makes it even worse.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

David Begnaud @DavidBegnaud

This is Antonio Basco.
His wife of 22 years, Margie, was murdered in El Paso.
Mr. Basco says he has no other family so he's inviting anyone, who wants to come, to attend his wife's services in El Paso:
Friday, August 16th
Perches Funeral Home Northeast 4946 Hondo Pass
5-9pm

yKqcro0.jpg

4:42 PM - Aug 13, 2019

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You sacrifice and build a life with someone, so that you can spend the rest of your days with that person.

And then some fucking asshole takes that away....