• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
tenor.gif

A weird game it was.

NickatNite

Oct 27, 2017
California
No: meh, I don't know.
Rent: yeah

I'm split on Shadow of the Damned. I enjoyed Shadow of the Damned, but at times I wanted it to be over.

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
By the end I wasn't so hot on it but I remember having a lot of fun with the game. Think this and El Shadai are the games/ip from that gen that I want back

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Yep definitely would. First one was a fun lil romp, and Johnson was a goddamn hoot. Similar scoped game would sell well at $40... probably would need to buy the IP from EA though

Give me a remaster too

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
remove those awful side scrolling shooting sequences and let us play as the Huntress

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
No thank you. The first one was one of the most average games I've ever played, in every regard. I bought it because Mikami, Suda, and Yamaoka, but was pretty let-down. I'd be more interested in Killer Is Dead 2, the first of which was a pretty fun, stylish game.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
I loved Shadows of the Damned. I hope it goes bc on Xbox because I doubt it gets a remaster. Hell, I doubt this sequel ever happens. I'd love to be wrong but didn't this sell like absolute shit?

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Last edited:

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Abso-fucking-lutely yes.

Enormously underrated game. It has exceptionally satisfying moment-to-moment encounter design and combat. The hit feedback, gore, and sensation of shooting things feels rewarding and punchy. The game rarely dwells on any one particular scenario for too long, with exception of the 2D sections. It's short, but suprirsingly varied in its locations and special enemy types.

It oozed style, too. A mate of mine at the time described it as "like playing a Heavy Metal Album" and I think that's an apt description of the vibe and presentation. It's grungy and rocky, leather and studs, heavy and gothic. Yamaoka's work on the soundtrack is outstanding, blending metal and rock with flamenco guitar.

Honestly loved the game and would guzzle up a sequel.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be down but I'm really missing a PC release of lollipop. That's probably my favorite suda game.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I would. I liked the first game. The only thing I would like though is for the sequel to maybe have more replayability. Let me unlock new game modes and stuff, like the RE games.

Big Powder

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. I had a lot of fun with the first, and feel like the gameplay refinements that have occurred over the past few years or so could really make a sequel something spectacular. It's also been long enough for it to be a really meaningful sequel, with improvements across the board.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Hell yeah, I'd be there day one. I loved Shadows of the Damned. It's crass, and a little easy, but it's charming as fuck.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Unfortunately no. SotD is one of those games where I liked everything except actually playing it. Mostly frustrating with little fun to be had. I'll settle with watching a Let's Play of it if I ever get the itch for more Shadows.

Now a sequel to Killer is Dead? Sign me up.

I spent like 50 something dollars importing a signed copy of the soundtrack.

Oh cool, same here. The one with the purple slipcover and Yamaoka's signature in gold ink, right? Bought that sucker as soon as it went up for order.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
I'd sure as hell buy it, but first release a PC remaster of the original.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Only if Yamaoka,Mikami and Suda are behind it.
Pc version of the first game while you're at it too.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Unfortunately no. SotD is one of those games where I liked everything except actually playing it. Mostly frustrating with little fun to be had. I'll settle with watching a Let's Play of it if I ever get the itch for more Shadows.

Now a sequel to Killer is Dead? Sign me up.

Oh cool, same here. The one with the purple slipcover and Yamaoka's signature in gold ink, right? Bought that sucker as soon as it went up for order.

Yep! great soundtrack, I still have it.

Driver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Shadow of the Damned was fucking great. Sure it was too short and some of it didn't work (wasn't there a weapon called huge boner or something) but it was different and had soul. I love games like this one. Bring it on Grasshopper!

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ