• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Official Staff Communication
To be clear we won't allow any posting of personal information, no linking to source code or anything else that might qualify as piracy; in fact let's be safe and say no links to any downloads at all. And no links to any shady sites where such things might be found.

But information, the fact that this has happened, is news. And news should be covered. That doesn't mean condoning hacking or leaking, but this is going to be reported on and pretending that it didn't happen isn't sensible. This isn't the first time that a hack or leak has produced news, and in both gaming and world news, that's always been fair game for discussion. Discussing the ethics of leaks is also fair game.

If you see any posts with inappropriate content please report it. Do not attack other members. Do not endorse criminal acts. Period. Thank you.
Thank you.

Femme Man

Oct 28, 2017
I don't see the point in deleting this thread especially if we're all on the same page of not sharing personal information or condoning it.

Jun 23, 2019
To be clear we won't allow any posting of personal information, no linking to source code or anything else that might qualify as piracy; in fact let's be safe and say no links to any downloads at all. And no links to any shady sites where such things might be found.

But information, the fact that this has happened, is news. And news should be covered. That doesn't mean condoning hacking or leaking, but this is going to be reported on and pretending that it didn't happen isn't sensible. This isn't the first time that a hack or leak has produced news, and in both gaming and world news, that's always been fair game for discussion. Discussing the ethics of leaks is also fair game.

If you see any posts with inappropriate content please report it. Do not attack other members. Do not endorse criminal acts. Period. Thank you.

Bam. Thank you mods. As long as we aren't endorsing anything crazy or posting personal information, information is free game.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Nice. Discussing the information shouldn't be banned at all.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Reposting the contents of the OP has it has been blanked:

• RE Village details (Current-gen release, April launch, Demo before release)
  • New multiplayer Resident Evil referred to internally as Project Highway/Village Online. It's a Battle Royale of some sort.
  • New Ace Attorney Collection
  • New Switch exclusive IP under the codename "GUILLOTINE"
  • Monster Hunter Rise on PC
  • Resident Evil 4 VR
  • New Shooter Multiplayer game titled "SHIELD" geared towards streamers
  • Source Code for DMC2 and Umbrella Chronicles
  • Stadia paid Capcom $10 million USD to put RE7 and RE8 on the platform. Sony paid $5 million USD for VR/timed DLC/demo exclusivity.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty much all 3rd party exclusives on Sony and Nintendo platforms goes to PC later these days. Don't think I can wait a year for Rise tho.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see mods put the foot down.

I think probably the only part of this leak that really interests me so far is the Ace Attorney collection. May give the slightest bit of hope for DGS localization...but I won't hold my breath.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
If the OP doesn't want to be associated with the leak then I think it's only fair to lock it, blank out the thread title, and have it be rebooted with someone who doesn't mind the connection

That way the threadmark can be on the OP too and not multiple pages in

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I need AA7, but any release is better than none I guess. Shows there's still money to be made and support within and without.

I wonder if it's AA1-3 and DGS1/2 because AA4-6 is a bit of an odd mix with AA4 being in the same 2D style of 1-3 while 5/6 are the modern 3D graphics. A bundle with all three games creates a bit of a clash between visual styles which they might feel is a harder sell.

Capcom spaced out the MMX collection where X4 was in the first pack, despite having a visual style similar to X5 and X6, which were in the second. I can totally see them split it right down the middle.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Whoever makes the new thread can PM me and I'll give them the full OP
LMAO at OP thinking he committed a crime
Nahh, it's nothing like that. Having people come into this thread to shit on me just for reporting on this is quite something and tbh, I can't be arsed updating the thread as news comes in. Would rather someone else do that.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I really hope they don't go with that DLC scheme for RE Village. Bare minimum, selling a "trauma pack" is in really bad taste. Also WTF at getting people to pay for the hardest difficulty. Just do a season pass like VII FFS.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The OP of this thread does not want to be the OP of this thread anymore, so by his request we are locking this thread. As per the Staff Post, anyone is free to remake the thread, without including anything that we've designated as off-limits.

Update:
New thread here

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.