• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
That's insane for just a price drop.

Live footage
EhUlwqF.gif
Sure are a lot of Caucasians in Korea

Fafalada

Oct 27, 2017
It is basically the opposite idea of how commerce works in the west.
To be fair - in Korea proliferation of online shopping started way ahead of the West and especially for electronics - you could order from just about every small-shop online and get same day delivery over a decade ago.
But I'm not sure what the state is with game-shops nowadays - 10 years ago there were some placed in highly popular malls (like Coex) that I found quite convenient to use - but having visited the remodelled (and utterly confusing) new Coex last year I couldn't find any games or electronics outside of the bookstore.

How big is PlayStation in Korea? Hell, how big are consoles in Korea? Never got the impression they were very big.
They were always relatively small compared to the popular devices of its time (PC in 00s - phones in 10s). Sony made some interesting moves to increase PS reach though (including opening PS2-equivalent of PC-bangs), but it wasn't until NDS that consoles briefly hit mainstream around 2006-7 or so (and that was pretty literal - for around a year NDS was almost as common sight in streets of Seoul as a new-version of IPhone is today). But the market is also pretty fad-oriented and that peak was shortlived.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
You're not understanding me so maybe I'm not saying it correctly. You're not missing out on games. Of course they can be played at any time.

In a year how many hours of play did you miss? What's an hour of play worth to you? Surely you can get far more than $100 of playtime in in one year?

Valuewise it's always worth it to buy day one and use the console for the full generation.
its not like the person waiting for a price drop is doing nothing

people value their time differently, it doesn't all have to be in the context of playing video games

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
its not like the person waiting for a price drop is doing nothing

people value their time differently, it doesn't all have to be in the context of playing video games
Well clearly I'm only speaking of gaming. Of course one can do other things. My point of value over time isn't changed by other activities. When you wait you get less gaming hours.