• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
Massive Queue for TLOU Part 2 midnight opening. Hopefully means this game does well and the Alt Right can continue to cry salty tears

I am so curious how big this game opens? At the very least should be more than God of War I think if not Spidey.

What is your sales prediction era? Over or under 3 .1 million in 3 days?

Edit Russia too as per Mezoly

unknown.png

Last edited:

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
The game's already got record breaking pre orders, it will be a big commercial hit for sure.

Gooey

Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah people lining up for a video game, the only way this could be bad was if there was a deadly pandemic and oh

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
B-b-b-but shades-in-pickup-truck YouTubeman said that #GamersWillRiseUp against Neil Cuckmans SJW-Agenda

EternalDarko

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand why people queue for these things. Why not just get it delivered to your doorstep for day 1?? Or digital download

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
It sounds like Europe will be a really strong market for TLOU2. I'm expecting 3.5 mil at this point

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
This makes me think of the midnight launch of Burning Crusade. The line wrapped around the store several times entirely and people got into fistfights in the parking lot over Horde vs Alliance.

Ah, simpler times.

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
I honestly thought queues like this were a thing of the past especially with digital and delivery options like amazon. Impressive to say the least. This will break all records I reckon

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Got mine around 11am this morning and had to hold off playing till 7pm :P
Not much queues at the game shop though, a lot of em probably opted for delivery due to COVID (I'm in Indonesia)

Sems4arsenal

Apr 7, 2019
Thought there were issues regarding physical shipments due to Covid-19?

Anyways, this is a 20+ million title easily. With the PS5 eventual upgrade -- we could be looking at the most successful exclusive PS game of the PS4 era.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
This is rather irresponsible from the stores but it's also weird midnight pickups are still a thing in 2020.

We have pre-loads and midnight unlocks now if you can't wait until morning when the game drops on your door matt, especially in these circumstances it seems a better option.

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, I thought the game was out today?
Timezones + Midnight launch.

But yeah, I was just out and caught a random TLOU2 talk in local small game store. Even folks I know who mostly play fighting/driving/sports games are onboard.

P.S. People in Russia dropped masks like 2 weeks ago. And hey, our statistics say we have less and less infected everyday!

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
They should wear masks, but there's reasonable distance between people at least. Probably not quite 2m, but I noticed IRL that people are notoriously bad at measuring that lol

Went digital myself. Fuck that noise

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I get not wanting to buy digital but... wouldn't you prefer to wait a day to buy it?

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_20200619-221805.jpg

Screenshot_20200619-221849.jpg

These pictures and the op one are from Sweden and they are ignoring Corona...

pharmboy044

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like these pictures have to be pre-Covid as I don't see anyone wearing a mask. Please tell me people don't think covid is no more.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
I see this as PROOF that NO, all-digital is not the future. Checkmate, digital-only enthusiasts.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
I feel like these pictures have to be pre-Covid as I don't see anyone wearing a mask. Please tell me people don't think covid is no more.

I live in the city Trump is having his rally in this weekend and, from my experience the few times I went out in public these past couple weeks, probably less than 20% of the people here wear masks. I swung by GameStop and a gas station during my lunch break and between the employees of both places and the ~20+ patrons between the two, I and one elderly man were the only people I noticed wearing masks.

Kinda surprised people are doing midnight releases like this anywhere. Even with our lackadaisical attitude toward it here, that was a definite "No" from GameStop when I asked.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Where are the masks? No way I'd be queuing up for a game right now, considering corona and also the fact that some asshole might want to spoil important bits just to be an ass to everyone else there.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
No midnight launch here in Amsterdam (Netherlands), but I went to the collect my pre-order when the shop opened at 10 am. There was already a queue, and an even longer one when I left.