• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I liked season 2 a lot more than 1, only episode I really hated was the faking religion episode, I mean what a dick move to order pork in front your practicing Muslim, Ramadan celebrating family. Oh and because his cousin was a terrible actor too, geez that dude was awful.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The second season didn't drop in quality, the show changed and it became stronger. Season 2 is one of the most engaging and heart felt seasons I've ever seen of a TV show before, it's really damn good.

FlyingMa

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First season was mediocre, dragged down by an awkward moralistic message of the day every episode. You can tell with Season 2 that Aziz felt more comfortable just letting the story and characters breathe.

Season 2 was great.

Deleted member 11262

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did somebody really laughed all that much? It's basically a Drama with some hints of Comedy sprinkled here and there.
Master of none is not really a comedy.
And I think the second season is a masterpiece. It's very innovative and gets really deep in a very genuine way sometimes.
I agree completely.
Minus that love interest thing.

Oct 31, 2017
For me, it was the first season that dragged as it devolved into boring and trite romance stuff. It took me awhile to give the second season a chance because of how the first one lost steam but the second season is brilliant and redeemed the show

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
New York, I Love You and Thanksgiving are my two favourite episodes of the entire show.

Then again neither feature Dev's love interest. Hmmm.

I enjoyed the relationship and growth between Dev and Rachel in the first season more, but I think overall I prefer the quality of the second season.
This guy gets it. Best two episodes in the series.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I would also agree with Master of None not being a comedy.

Deleted member 3345

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most of netflixs hits should have been single season runs.

When he went to italy I was intrigued.

When they showed him there getting phone stolen I was like OK

Con_Smith

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If your looking for nonstop funny, I guess.

The personal relationships and interconnecting stories seemed much more engaging than the first in my opinion.

Deleted member 11262

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously "New York, I love you" is so fucking innovative. One of the very best episodes of any TV show.
Especially the encounter with the deaf character and this whole narrative of watching different people in a specific everyday scenario and the camera just flowing through the streets almost randomly picking up new characters and their struggles.

That was something else and I admire that.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
S1 was OK. S2 was also OK but with better cinematography.

Basically this show barely has any plot, but it acts like it does. The final episodes of S2 had a continuation but him pressuring Francesca to be with him and break her engagement was low.
Overall this series is rich(or upper middle class)dude lives like a king in NYC and whines all the time. Also Dev is so unfunny and his voice is annoying.

Yggfk

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Also, his mom and dad are the real MVPs.

Of Netflix.

Their whole catalogue.

They're amazing.

For real.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I liked season 2 a lot more than 1, only episode I really hated was the faking religion episode, I mean what a dick move to order pork in front your practicing Muslim, Ramadan celebrating family. Oh and because his cousin was a terrible actor too, geez that dude was awful.

His cousin needs to take acting lessons from his uncle

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
S2 was brilliant

Master of None was never a comedy series

The woody Allen comparison seems apt to a point - I think Aziz has more self awareness and genuine humility though which makes him a far more sympathetic character

War Peaceman

Oct 28, 2017
Season 2 was better, just. It was much more experimental and less focused. I'd prefer something that tries new things than something that does the same thing over and over again. That said, the Rachel storyline gave the first season a more natural arc and emotional core - she felt more real and plausible than Francesca.

Also the people saying it is implausible that Dev and Francesca could be a couple are very strange. Dev is a very decent looking man, plus funny.

Otheradam

Nov 1, 2017
I think the second season is a lot stronger overall than the first, and I loved the first season. You can't think of it as a "haha" comedy show because that's not what it is.

OP
OP
Lady Murasaki

Lady Murasaki

Scary Shiny Glasses
Oct 25, 2017
I think the second season is a lot stronger overall than the first, and I loved the first season. You can't think of it as a "haha" comedy show because that's not what it is.

I think that only part that made me conflicted was the love interesting thing, the rest was pretty good. I don't see it quite as a pure comedy, but I think it fit this genre, specially in the first season. Is more like a 'slice of life' comedy with a lot of daily drama (specially S2).

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I worried that season 2 would be different due to the loss of Harris Wittels, but it remained high quality.

hinryu

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
I thought S2 was overall stronger compared to S1. So many episodes that really resonated with me; Religion and I Love New York especially. Thought Dev had better chemistry with Francesca compared with Rachel tbh. Really enjoyed how their relationship progressed throughout the season, even though other people might think it's pretty fucked up.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Most of netflixs hits should have been single season runs.

When he went to italy I was intrigued.

When they showed him there getting phone stolen I was like OK

Huge elemenrs of that entire episode, including the phone getting stolen (also why the episode was in black and white) are a tribute to The Bicycle Thief, an old Italian film considered an all-time classic.

Petezatime

Oct 27, 2017
Wait what? I liked season 2 better than season 1 for sure. I loved the intro episode in Italy and I think the Thanksgiving episode is probably the single best episode of television to come out this year.

golem

Oct 25, 2017
I think in Season 2 the show really found its footing. Can't wait for Season 3 but it sounds a bit far off

G Status Ray

Oct 31, 2017
Absolutely adored the second season. I found it better than the first. So warm and lovely with a lot of heart. Much more interesting ideas at play as well.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the bits in Italy. The Thanksgiving episode was really great too. The hearing impaired episode was kind of strange but it's at least interesting to see things from a different perspective.

zakalwe

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed S1 more overall, but S2 had some great moments. S2E1 is just fantastically stylish.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
I thought the second season was fantastic. It was great on its own account though from season 1. What the show does really well is its writing. It does a better job of getting raw things that actually happen versus the "everything will be okay" show.

It also made want to learn Italian, which I haven't done anything about, but it sounded so god to the ear haha...

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Almost everyone feels the second season is wayyyy stronger, you're bugging OP.

Prophet Steve

Oct 26, 2017
I had a lot more fun with the second season, I feel it's way more memorable than the first season partly because the episodes are very different from each other.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't care for season 2 either. The experimental stuff was super dry and boring imo, and the love story with Francesca was unconvincing.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
I think Aziz is actually pretty good looking, for what it's worth.

The second season is one of my favorite seasons of anything ever. Such an awesome cinematography, brilliantly written characters and the fucking Thanksgiving episode grabbed my heart and refuses to ever let go. I love this show <3

Agree. And like Fran said would she have been open to dating him from the off if they met when they were single? Probably not.

But I think too many people think just because a woman is beautiful, she has to be or desires a six pack muscle bound adonis. instead of just a guy she likes and gets along with as they're into the same things. At some point she had that with Pino. But with her and Dev She and him slowly fell in love or infatuation if we want to go there. The way these things really happen.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
As for the second season I finished it yesterday.

And as much as I loved the first season. S2 is simply stellar in how it approaches relationship stuff. The quality is even higher imo.I always noticed on gaf the relationship threads were always so black and white. one and done stuff not talking about the often complex stuff at play.

But the confusing, dangerous and amazing feelings of connecting with someone you really shouldn't and things either going all the way or being unrequited. It's hard it really hurts and I think this season really captured that.

People can fall in love with more than one person it's not a crime. Is it wise? Probably not. But It's also not something you can turn off. Feelings can and will remain.

Dev mentions just missing the feeling of having someone and I understand his frustration he goes on these dates with women he finds are either unexciting or have no interest in going any further with him. In real life a lot of women would get that slightly desperate vibe he had to him during him app dating.

With Francesca though in his mind she fulfils the fantasy of the 'one' he knows her, he knows she's into the same things as him, his relaxed around her. The feelings, the glances, the touching, creep up and before you know it. You wake up thinking about that person and them thinking about you. She had the fantasy of escaping her small town and of a slower life than the one she was having in New York and of a man that she had grown with and loved since she was a teenager but who is more interested in his work than her. She has responsibilities back home. Now this can be just as surface and fantasy but it's something that people can't control.

Good stuff.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
I couldn't even really start season 2, when I loved the first. It got a little too full of itself for my liking. Thought the pretension was laid on a bit too thick, i've heard that it's just the first episode, but I just lost steam after that.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
(it depends, tbh - is emotional cheating actually cheating?).
I personally think that's worse (if it's a monogamous relationship) than physical attraction and something that is just sex. I mean, sex can be just sex and so long as there are no (deep) feelings behind it other than lust and lack of self control, I feel it's something the relationship can get over as long as both are on the same page going forward. But if it's deeply emotional and these people spend tons of time together, that probably tells you something about the current state of your relationship, something that might not be good that has been maybe brewing under the surface neither has been willing to admit.