• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Sad-Batman-et-le-cafe_width1024.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Best superhero game, easy. Loved the Arkham games but somehow Spider-Man manages to capture the essence of its hero much better. This has been an amazing year for Spider-Man fans.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Can we get any numbers out of that?

With bundles it will probably sell over 5 million in the US alone by the end of December.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
Pretty awesome. Have to say It made me eat crow. I did not expect such a success. Congrats to the studio!

watdaeff4

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn. Congrats Sony/Insomniac.

I'm surprised, just due to the single platform vs. Arkham series being multi-platform. That's not to discredit Spider-Man, just shows how amazing that stat is.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nice job, Insomniac! This game really was... amazing! (Or Spectacular! Or Sensational!)

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Totally deserved. Can't wait for Spider-Man 2 and the
symbiote suit.

Oct 27, 2017
The interesting thing is, if Mat can confirm, NPD does not track sales in bundle. So it means Spider-Man has achieved to beat any multiplatform Arkham Batman games without taking into account the huge amount of units sold in bundles during Black Friday. Is that right Mat ?

NicknameMy

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
Congratulations to Spider-Man, well deserved for this game.

Well, the next challenger is already approaching with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

Last edited:

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I'm playing it every time I visit my friends and I am certain that if I were to get a PS4, this would be the game to get for it.

To say it's well-deserved would be understatement.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Lol, after the Smash Ultimate thread, I'm half expecting someone to ask

"Is that good?"

Congrats to Insomniac games. They deserve this.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Well, the next challenger is already approaching with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. And if Nintendo gets the marketing right, that could definitly beat Spiderman cuz Switch is breaking every record anyway.
Don't think so.

I'm sure MUA3 will be a great game and sell gangbusters (more than a lot here would expect, anyway), but at the end of the day, it's a game with superheroes in it, while Insomniac perfectly realized the power fantasy of being the superhero - Spider-Man.

That's the edge Spidey has here.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Well, the next challenger is already approaching with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. And if Nintendo gets the marketing right, that could definitly beat Spiderman cuz Switch is breaking every record anyway.

tenor.gif

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017

Fans always manage to hype Nintendo in every tread. This now tiresome.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
The interesting thing is, if Mat can confirm, NPD does not track sales in bundle. So it means Spider-Man has achieved to beat any multiplatform Arkham Batman games without taking into account the huge amount of units sold in bundles during Black Friday. Is that right Mat ?
They track them, but they don't include them in the software rankings. They still know the amount from the bundle tracking. Mat needs to confirm if they are included here or not to beat the previous record.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm a rabid Nintendo fan but this...is something else.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
They still track them and Mat could be including them. How many copies did previous best selling superhero game sell in first 3 months? Could tell us if it even needs bundles to beat the previous record.
They track them yes, but I don't think they've ever included them when doing these kind of news.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Nope. MAU3 will be good, and sell well, but there's no universe in which it sells on this level.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Damn!
Just goes to show you- niche properties can surprise us every once and a while. ;)

edit: damnit, funky!

WiZaRdOuS

Nov 8, 2018

Oh that's precious..lol. Blind ambition.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Sony better update Spidey/GOW/Uncharted 4/Horizon numbers in the new year
We are starving

Deleted member 18742

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Spiderman would be perfect in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 which happens to be on Switch which also means its perfect for Switch and in conclusion makes it an instant record breaker.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

while i'm sure it'll do well enough, it's basically impossible for MUA3 to outsell spiderman. but it's not like they would expect it to. it will have a fraction of spiderman's development and marketing budget, releasing to a much smaller install base, and in a much less popular genre.