• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 31, 2017
This is a thread for ResetERA's math teachers/researchers/students to hang out and talk about their favorite subject. Discuss what you're working on, anecdotes from teaching, ask (anyone but me) for career advice, etc. This is decidedly not the math help thread, which is over here.

Introduce yourself when you post! I'm a lecturer in the southeast US. The only thing I teach regularly is discrete math. In my spare time, I'm trying to read Williams' Probability With Martingales. (It's difficult because I didn't get a lot of analysis in grad school, and Williams doesn't explain many steps...)

If you need to discuss something technical with another poster, http://mathb.in is about as close to inline LaTeX as we will ever get.

(If you don't know, the title is a reference to the conclusion that the sum of all the positive integers is -1/12 by treating infinite sums as though they are finite.)

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, can't believe this OT is dead considering this is a gaming forum and there ought to be developers or up and coming developers that would want to discuss the mathematical aspects related to gaming and whatnot :O