• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
People forget its supposed to be a trilogy. I think each movie will move closer to the classic look.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The time until this movie releases is going to be so insufferable from the people who have only seen Pattinson in twilight and say he's a garbage actor. He's legit one of the best working actors out there. The response to this is already so gross on twitter and IG.

I feel like its going to be harder and harder considering the dues turn in The Lighthouse and the fact he's one of the leads in Nolan's new film. Basically its just gonna be your totally ignorant folks or trolls.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah doesnt even come close to the BvS suit. Looks pretty bad from what is seen so far actually. Music is lit tho.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I don't know why I reactivated my Twitter account. Those people hate everything. Going through the replies to Matt Reeves's tweet is soul draining. Many didn't even appreciate that sick track.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
What is the classic look?
170610-crop-adam-west-batman-3-ew-1156a_1c510822438ac6d3a8817026221d8f3b.fit-760w.jpg

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda dig the home-made look of it - it's certainly different than previous suits we've gotten. It also makes sense if this is Batman in year 2. Besides, I have a sneaking feeling that will not be the only suit he wears in the film.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the Snyder fanboys severely dislike it so far means its a great suit in my book, even the logo.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Deadpool is also a cartoon character in a lot of respects so I think the white eyes works well for a character that is not exactly meant to be taken seriously.

Let's not forget Batman isn't really supposed to be seen to be emoting with people all of the time, he's a ninja.

he can turn the eyes on in fight mode
Or something
gXO.gif

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Don't like the cowl, don't like the collar, don't like the bat symbol, don't like the boxy chest area, don't like the score or most of Giacchino's work in general, don't love the choice to cast Pattinson.

And yet I still have the utmost faith in Matt Reeves, shit's gonna be tight.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's not forget Batman isn't really supposed to be seen to be emoting with people all of the time, he's a ninja.

he can turn the eyes on in fight mode
Or something
gXO.gif

I'd actually enjoy if the Pattinson cowl had straight up black eyes or something that's impossible to see in the darkness. Adds a layer of terror there that big white eyes that are easily emoting don't have.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not sure about her acting (not seen much of it) but Zoe Kravitz does look the part.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
They should call it "The Big Ass Forehead" I hope its trash and they can get rid of this awful look asap.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Deadpool just proves J_Viper overall point.

They gave Deadpool the guys but they have wiggle room to do stuff like this:

GVH2onr.gif

because he's a live action cartoon that breaks the fourth wall every second. The type of film Matt Reeves' is doing would be undercut by doing something like this.

You're talking here like people are saying the eyes should move. I can't speak for everyone but I wouldn't have a problem with the eyes being like in that Bale gif I posted. When necessary.

I'd actually enjoy if the Pattinson cowl had straight up black eyes or something that's impossible to see in the darkness. Adds a layer of terror there that big white eyes that are easily emoting don't have.

I would dig this too, never thought about blacked out eyes for batman.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
You're talking here like people are saying the eyes should move. I can't speak for everyone but I wouldn't have a problem with the eyes being like in that Bale gif I posted. When necessary.
My point is that that's why it works with Deadpool, that's why using him as an example actually proves why it wouldn't work with Batman. Deadpool would also look terrible without the moving eyes.

You can't have Batman with eyes that move like Deadpool because they would look awful and you can't have dead eyes that don't move since the actor can't emote. It's a lose/lose situation which is why directors don't opt to do it.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So we all agree this is the first version of the suit where he will make and wear for 2/3 of the movie, right?

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
My point is that that's why it works with Deadpool, that's why using him as an example actually proves why it wouldn't work with Batman. Deadpool would also look terrible without the moving eyes.

You can't have Batman with eyes that move like Deadpool because they would look awful and you can't have dead eyes that don't move since the actor can't emote. It's a lose/lose situation which is why directors don't opt to do it.

You keep talking about Batman's eyes moving when they don't need to, characters need eyes only to emote? In a world with Dredd and Robocop as well as Batman. Are they cartoony too?

c7196ede8dc2bfd1b87338698498ebb0.gif

Affleck gives you all the visual Information you need for what he is feeling in that moment towards his adversary.
tumblr_ombrfcPNp91rq04tho1_250.gifv

Can't see Dredd's eyes here but you full well know he is in pain.
source.gif

So yeah 😃

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
You keep talking about Batman's eyes moving when they don't need to, characters need eyes only to emote? In a world with Dredd and Robocop as well as Batman. Are they cartoony too?

c7196ede8dc2bfd1b87338698498ebb0.gif

Affleck gives you all the visual Information you need for what he is feeling in that moment towards his adversary.
tumblr_ombrfcPNp91rq04tho1_250.gifv

Can't see Dredd's eyes here but you full well know he is in pain.
source.gif

So yeah 😃
You picked Batfleck in a mech suit, a character that the whole point is that he's a faceless embodiment of the law and a dead robot as proof that Batman doesn't need to emote? Dawg.

And I said Deadpool is cartoony because his eyes move. Why would any of those characters be cartoony? Why are you asking if they are?

Like, there's a reason all of these great directors keep opting out to do the white eyes. There's a reason MCU Spidey got those mech eyes and why all MCU heroes are constantly removing their helmets. Actors are able to emote better when you can see their eyes.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
You picked Batfleck in a mech suit, a character that the whole point is that he's a faceless embodiment of the law and a dead robot as proof that Batman doesn't need to emote? Dawg.

And I said Deadpool is cartoony because his eyes move. Why would any of those characters be cartoony? Why are you asking if they are?

okay let me make it simple for you. Characters don't need eyes to emote they can use their mouth and their body language. Characters, some of the best in movie history have worn full masks and some we never see their faces at all and we have had no problems dealing with what they are conveying emotionally. They also have a voice.

0c5h1wg27l0e.gif

Eyes aren't the only way to do this so in other words it doesn't matter if we see his eyes or not when he speaks.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
i trust reeves, but that doesnt look great, then again batman begins suit looks like shit and that movie is awesome

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
okay let me make it simple for you. Characters don't need eyes to emote they can use their mouth and their body language. Characters, some of the best in movie history have worn full masks and some we never see their faces at all and we have had no problems dealing with what they are conveying emotionally. They also have a voice.

0c5h1wg27l0e.gif

Eyes aren't the only way to do this so in other words it doesn't matter if we see his eyes or not when he speaks.
You picked a character that's supposed to be more machine than man.

Like, not all characters need to emote. Doesn't mean Batman is one of those characters.