• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

thebigword

Oct 27, 2017
The one you are looking at, again, matches that description.
ERUPk19UcAA5pOt

Grey suit, black gauntlets, black boots, black cowl. Look at his pants specifically here, it's straight up grey.

Not gray enough, imo. Could almost come off as black. There should be a greater contrast between the two colors like in the comics, and there isn't, imo.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
It looks like the Origins suit, which I'm fine with. I also don't want the white eyes. It works for Deadpool and Spiderman since their whole face is covered but I can't picture white eyes + exposed mouth and chin looking good IRL.

To be honest, after the DCEU films, Batman is kinda tainted for me. I don't really care what the suit looks like as long as the movie is actually good.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I'm really not about to judge a few pictures and short clip of a stuntman in the Batman suit. So much can and definitely will change. Like how it looks really cheesy with the bike and shit, but it won't look bad in the final version I'm sure.

I just hope Robert won't do a stupid ass fake voice for Batman. Keaton didn't and it was fine, Bale started with it and I never took him seriously when he talked. Love Bale as an actor but I don't find him a good Batman at all.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Not gray enough, imo. Could almost come off as black. There should be a greater contrast between the two colors, and there isn't, imo.
There is a contrast, if there wasn't you wouldn't be able to see black stripes and black straps breaking up the grey on the pants, or make out the darker batsymbol against the grey chest. Plus it's wet, so it's darker naturally, look at the pants again, you can see the lighter areas where the pants aren't entirely soaked.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of the ears from these angles (especially the front). Might be just for the stunt suit though.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
those ears look horrible.

and the stunt double has a better chin for batman than pattinson lol

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it'll happen in this film but I hope he doesn't upgrade his suit too much in the next one. Him having this gritty and particular suit is badass.

That needs to be a constant in all his suits.
The current rumor I've seen is
this suit gets destroyed about halfway into the movie
and then gets something more streamlined

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That military suit looks so cool but I could see it being the unofficial suit until later into the movie. Fucking love it, such a shame.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really a fan of going full military for Batman just to try and make him "plausible", which no one has seriously cared about

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
IF the eyes are white, I hope they don't stick out like goggles like in those pics. That shit looked stupid in Dark Knight. Looked like he had a couple of small CRT televisions strapped to his eyes.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really a fan of going full military for Batman just to try and make him "plausible", which no one has seriously cared about
Going by the creator comments on the film, I imagine they're going more for functional and mobile , compared to pretty much every Batsuit, rather than "plausible". This Batman is likely going to be pulling off BJJ takedowns

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is this a "modern" batman?
I remember reading something like this will be set in the 90s or I mistaken?

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So, CGI cape, or no cape on the bike? I really am digging that suit, outside of the goggles and arrow-things on his gauntlets. Rest of it is pretty fucking cool looking. I am fucking ready for this movie.

Is this a "modern" batman?
I remember reading something like this will be set in the 90s or I mistaken?

Supposedly it is modern times.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Looks dope. Very tactical look to it. Seems like it'd actually protect him in fights unlike a lot of Batman suits where it just looks cool.

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like the Origins suit, which I'm fine with. I also don't want the white eyes. It works for Deadpool and Spiderman since their whole face is covered but I can't picture white eyes + exposed mouth and chin looking good IRL.

To be honest, after the DCEU films, Batman is kinda tainted for me. I don't really care what the suit looks like as long as the movie is actually good.
Looks dope. Very tactical look to it. Seems like it'd actually protect him in fights unlike a lot of Batman suits where it just looks cool.

Yep, I dig the grittier Origins look for this. Feels like a much needed breath of fresh air to me.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Even if I was anticipating a heavily armoured suit (because, well, we had that tease), I'm still surprised at how bulky and metallic it looks (although it could be that, indeed, the stuntman is wearing a suit with fillings in case of an accident or whatever).

The only nitpicks I have is the ears (way too flat and thin for how long and big the ears and the cowl are respectively) and the colour scheme (nothing wrong there, really, but I would have loved some more contrast between the gray and the black).

Considering it's a set pic of a stuntman suit without a cape and in daylight, I'd say I'm quite happy with it.

Can't wait to see Pattinson in it. I really don't care about it (because he already looks in shape even if he's naturally thin), but I wonder how muscular he has gotten. Again, not that it matters to me.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For a site like this I'm always baffled people continue to think photos and videos taken by randoms from far away, crazy angles or in the middle of a ton of stuff of a stunt double are going to be exactly what the final product looks like.

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looks good but damn man, we only got a comic accurate suit for 2 movies and they were both pieces of shit.

Feels bad man.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Seem they've solved the head-turning problem by having a collar unattached to the next and cowl. Smart design.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Not a fan of this suit at all. It reminds me too much of the Nolan suits. And then it's way cheesier looking on top of that...

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
For a site like this I'm always baffled people continue to think photos and videos taken by randoms from far away, crazy angles or in the middle of a ton of stuff of a stunt double are going to be exactly what the final product looks like.
You mean to tell me that movies are not shot with iPhones with no editing what so ever?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, Matt Reeves should've given released a proper look at his Batman rather than a dark video where you can barely see a thing. If they wanted to avoid this kind of reactions, that is. :P

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those are like big old bug eyes. I was actually on board with white eyes because you can easily justify them as being night vision/HUD displays or something.

I do think this is meant to be a sort of proto bat suit. Whether it changes in the movie, who knws.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Looks a fair amount like Batman Year Zero, which I love the look of. My only hope is he starts looking more and more like Batman White Knight because that Batman is probably my 2nd favorite batman look.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I love the look of the Miltec styke going on. The gauntlet straps creating the iconic armblades is inspired, the amor gels well with the rest of the cloth suit, and when we see the proper one with the cape i bet its gonna look pretty sick.