• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
You picked a character that's supposed to be more machine than man.

Like, not all characters need to emote. Doesn't mean Batman is one of those characters.

The ninja who fights from the shadows, talks with a voice unlike his own and uses a secret identity and barely talks to people needs to emote? What are you even arguing here?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
The ninja who fights from the shadows, talks with a voice unlike his own and uses a secret identity and barely talks to people needs to emote? What are you even arguing here?
I'm arguing that we need to see an actor's eyes to see their acting come across as best as possible. Which is the reason every director who has directed Batman has chosen to show his eyes.

You argued we don't need to by picking a character that has cartoony emoting eyes and a bunch of characters which the point is that they don't emote or the point is that they're faceless.

I'm sorry but you don't know better than Christopher Nolan or Matt Reeves.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Now I want videos like this for Dano's Riddler and Farrell's Penguin

Giacchino's score here SLAPS by the way

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I'm arguing that we need to see an actor's eyes to see their acting come across as best as possible. Which is the reason every director who has directed Batman has chosen to show his eyes.

You argued we don't need to by picking a character that has cartoony emoting eyes and a bunch of characters which the point is that they don't emote or the point is that they're faceless.

Jeez I'm done, it's too late in my day for this shit and you ran with the Nolan and Reeves know better retort.

Characters don't need just their eyes to get the best performance for their characters. At all. Or should I say you don't know better than Lucas, Verhoeven or Pete Travis to make like you did? Shoulda told Jamie Foxx to do some eye emoting as Ray and take of them sunglasses but hey, I don't know any better.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Jeez I'm done, it's too late in my day for this shit and you ran with the Nolan and Reeves know better retort.

Characters don't need just their eyes to get the best performance for their characters. At all. Or should I say you don't know better than Lucas, Verhoeven or Pete Travis to make like you did? Shoulda told Jamie Foxx to do some eye emoting as Ray and take of them sunglasses but hey, I don't know any better.
Again, not every character is the same...

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Are those his sideburns popping out of the side of the mask? Can someone tell him to cut his sideburns!

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Since when is Batman only using his eyes? Which movie is that one?

giphy.gif

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Eh, it looks whatever. Honestly, how the suit looks is the least of my concerns. In my opinion, Batfleck had the best suit and look overall but every movie he was in sucked ass so it doesn't matter.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019

I can't believe no one is using Netflix Daredevil as a counterpoint to your argument. Some of his most emotional and impactful scenes were with the mask on and no eyes shown.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Are you for real? Let me ask you something equally out there? Did you like it when Stallone took his helmet off? Could you see all that emotion?
How is that an out there question? You literally said, "Again Batman doesn't only need to use his eyes.".

When did I ever say Batman only needed to use his eyes to emote?

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
How is that an out there question? You literally said, "Again Batman doesn't only need to use his eyes.".

When did I ever say Batman only needed to use his eyes to emote?

you kept banging on about moving eyes on deadpool and you are backing up J Vipers comment saying that his eyes are used to emote?

I'm saying he can use the white eyes because he can use his mouth and body language to emote.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
you kept banging on about moving eyes on deadpool and you are backing up J Vipers comment saying that his eyes are used to emote?

I'm saying he can use the white eyes because he can use his mouth and body language to emote.
Yeah and right now he can also use his eyes to emote, something he would not be able to use with white eyes. Why do you think an actor using his eyes to act somehow negates everything else?

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Yeah and right now he can also use his eyes to emote, something he would not be able to use with white eyes. Why do you think an actor using his eyes to act somehow negates everything else?

When did I say it negates anything else? Don't put words in my mouth or think for me.
The white eyes can work if they wanted to, sure they want to convey Batman through his eyes or mouth etc in this version, that's their choice I'm all for it. I'm also for if a director wants to give him the white eyes in the suit, I will trust the director's vision at the end of the day.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
When did I say it negates anything else? Don't put words in my mouth or think for me.
The white eyes can work if they wanted to, sure they want to convey Batman through his eyes or mouth etc in this version, that's their choice I'm all for it. I'm also for if a director wants to give him the white eyes in the suit, I will trust the director's vision at the end of the day.
"Again Batman doesn't only need to use his eyes."

Only?

"I'm saying he can use the white eyes because he can use his mouth and body language to emote."

My whole argument has been that it's better to not undercut anything part of an actor's repertoire. So why are you telling me about his mouth and body language? Why do you think that's a counter to what I'm saying?

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
"Hey! Let's show everyone the new batsuit!"

"Great idea! Be sure to turn off all the lights first so no one can see the new batsuit!"

😑

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
"Again Batman doesn't only need to use his eyes."

Only?

"I'm saying he can use the white eyes because he can use his mouth and body language to emote."

My whole argument has been that it's better to not undercut anything part of an actor's repertoire. So why are you telling me about his mouth and body language? Why do you think that's a counter to what I'm saying?

why do I think using mouth and body language in a discussion about eyes being used for emoting when I'm saying they're not the only ways to emote is a counter to you backing up J Viper on when they said the eyes are used to emote so that is why they don't make the eyes white? I don't know you tell me fam.

Katori

Oct 30, 2017
That music was Giacchino? Fucking killer. Suit looks nice, perhaps Arkham series inspired?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
why do I think using mouth and body language in a discussion about eyes being used for emoting when I'm saying they're not the only ways to emote is a counter to you backing up J Viper on when they said the eyes are used to emote so that is why they don't make the eyes white? I don't know you tell me fam.
Is it because you think Batman has the same emoting capacities as a character that his whole point is he's a faceless cog in a machine, a renovated killing machine corpse cop, a character who you're supposed to see no humanity in and think he might be more machine than man, who then removes his mask to his eyes own eyes so we can see him emote?

Some characters don't just work with a mouth and body language, some characters work because the point is that they're not emotive or you're supposed to not see them emote. Batman is not one of these characters, Batman uses the entire repertoire of an actor's ability. Which is why we always see his eyes.

And no, this does not mean he "only uses his eyes".

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Is it because you think Batman has the same emoting capacities as a character that his whole point is he's a faceless cog in a machine, a renovated killing machine corpse cop, a character who you're supposed to see no humanity in and think he might be more machine than man, who then removes his mask to his eyes own eyes so we can see him emote?

Some characters don't just work with a mouth and body language, some characters work because the point is that they're not emotive or you're supposed to not see them emote. Batman is not one of these characters, Batman uses the entire repertoire of an actor's ability. Which is why we always see his eyes.

And no, this does not mean he "only uses his eyes".

Oh sorry excuse me I forgot how much Batman emotes in these movies or in general and never ever had white eyes in any of the scenes in any of the many Batman movies.
He uses the full range of his repertoire and the actor's acting range.
bale_batman_2-1419786119.gif

I should have been looking at al of the emotional shit going on with his eyes here
source.gif

he's nice and close to Dent here. So Dent can look him in the eyes and then Batman can tell him he's sorry.

I've exhausted gifs, so I'll use one of the more emotional scenes where you can get all of the range Batman shows while telling Gordon his identity low key. Check out his not derpy eyes okay.
I'm done with this goodnight.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh sorry excuse me I forgot how much Batman emotes in these movies or in general and never ever had white eyes in any of the scenes in any of the many Batman movies.
He uses the full range of his repertoire and the actor's acting range.
bale_batman_2-1419786119.gif

I should have been looking at al of the emotional shit going on with his eyes here
source.gif

he's nice and close to Dent here. So Dent can look him in the eyes and then Batman can tell him he's sorry.

I've exhausted gifs, so I'll use one of the more emotional scenes where you can get all of the range Batman shows while telling Gordon his identity low key. Check out his not derpy eyes okay.
I'm done with this goodnight.

He's using his eyes in the clip you posted. lol

Like, I honestly think you don't get why every director shows his eyes. I mean, you say you respect the director's decision but then you make a post like that, which proves you actually don't.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is he just rolling his eyes into the back of his head like the Undertaker in that artwork or...

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
does anyone have a 4K download of this... I'd .... I'd like to watch it in 4K on my television.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
He's using his eyes in the clip you posted. lol

Like, I honestly think you don't get why every director shows his eyes. I mean, you say you respect the director's decision but then you make a post like that, which proves you actually don't.

Look the funny part is you actually reading that post with the video clip straight, saying he's using his eyes and then saying I don't get why directors use the eyes. Seems like Reeves is using the white eyes, he knows what he is doing though so that's good.

OP
OP
Wingfan19

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Look the funny part is you actually reading that post with the video clip straight, saying he's using his eyes and then saying I don't get why directors use the eyes. Seems like Reeves is using the white eyes, he knows what he is doing though so that's good.
Reeves isn't using the white eyes... That's a fan edit from BossLogic.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
You posted one gif that's so dark you can't see anything and is, like, 2 frames long. This was your proof that Bale doesn't use his eyes to act in Rises? Then you used a clip where he does use his eyes to prove he DOESN'T? Yeah, okay.

Also, Bosslogic is not Matt Reeves. Bosslogic is a guy who makes fanart.

So yeah, Matt Reeves does know what he's doing. Which is why he choose a great actor and then didn't remove one of the major pieces an actor uses to act.