• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Reeves isn't using the white eyes... That's a fan edit from BossLogic.

okay I dunno who bosslogic is my bad.

You posted one gif that's so dark you can't see anything and is, like, 2 frames long. This was your proof that Bale doesn't use his eyes to act in Rises? Then you used a clip where he does use his eyes to prove he DOESN'T? Yeah, okay.

Also, Bosslogic is not Matt Reeves. Bosslogic is a guy who makes fanart.

batman is almost always in the dark with black paint around his eyes fam. You barely see his eyes
Regarding the clip with Gordon, you said Batman uses all of his repertoire and range, in one of the more emotional scenes as Batman himself. Where was this at? Looking left was it?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
okay I dunno who bosslogic is my bad.

batman is almost always in the dark with black paint around his eyes fam. You barely see his eyes
Regarding the clip with Gordon, you said Batman uses all of his repertoire and range, in one of the more emotional scenes as Batman himself. Where was this at? Looking left was it?

That's him using his eyes as an actor.

I'm starting to think you don't actually respect a director's vision. 🤔

I guess Matt Reeves doesn't know what he's doing anymore but Bosslogic does.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm done with this goodnight.
zjYZOTG.gif

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Whether he has the white eyes or not is dependent on how the director is planning this particular story and version of Batman and isn't something we should judge now.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
I can't get over the music in this little teaser. It's been playing in my head all day. I have such high hopes for this movie.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I need to see the cowl. It kinda seems like it'll have wider ears?

I dunno, the cowl looks weird.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
1. This movie better have a wrap around cape scene, that silhouette is too damn cool to not include in this movie.
2. Something about the cheeks isn't jiving with me. Needs more material on the sides to help disguise the jawline.
3. The suit kind of looks Batman: White Knight inspired.

Batman-White-Knight-7.jpg

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
There are so many other villains that never get any play because they always have to waste an entire movie on the Joker. I hope he's locked up in Arkham for Reeves' entire trilogy.

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory
I haven't followed any information about this movie. I do hope we get some of the more "super" villains of the rogue's gallery we haven't seen on film. But I'll take whatever we get, and that suit does look alright.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
You know I thought Giachinno was gonna phone this in like he has done his marvel stuff so far but he's clearly bringing the heat for Reeves. I stand corrected

Love how the theme is kind of like a riff on this

so brooding. they've literally made his theme a triumphant riff of the funeral march.

Also loving the Arkham Knight/Dark Knight-esque mechanical look to the suit. People gonna mark out when he pulls out his bat symbol and beats people with it. Pattinson jawline looking good in the suit too. Skeptical on the leather cowl though, but at least we know he'll move fluidly with it.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think the cape/collar wrapping around looks cool. Honestly seems like the most different look just because of it.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I completely trust Reeves, the PotA movies he did were amazing, if he can revitalize an old property like that with little source material something like batman with a huge well alongside his artistic vision should theoretically be something special. The suit is great, if not needing in improvements. The more athletic modern armor look of the suit kinda clashes with the more classical looking mask and collared cape, but perhaps since this is early Batman and the movie is the lead up to another two movies in a trilogy as time passes we see Wayne create something more cohesive. In any case, between Reeves and already amazing sounding soundtrack we definitely have something memorable on our hands.

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
Score sounds like a slowed down Star Wars imperial March or that Undertaker/Chopin Funeral theme.

Edit: Like so . . . . .
You know I thought Giachinno was gonna phone this in like he has done his marvel stuff so far but he's clearly bringing the heat for Reeves. I stand corrected

so brooding. they've literally made his theme a triumphant riff of the funeral march.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's bad, but I don't particularly care for it. Was never afcan of the angular segmented look. Definitely don't care for the more abstracted emblem. Give me a big black bat, yellow circle optional. Like what they're doing with the high collar on the cape though.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
i really like the chest piece but not sure on the cowl atm. hopefully we see the full suit design soon

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
If you want to show off the suit, then show it in its entirety instead of this gimmicky way. Now of what can be seen, sure I like it can't say more cause I need to see more.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Yeah I dig that, so far. Prevailing theory is we will see the suit go through some changes over the course of the film, possibly even ending up with emotable eyes like Deadpool/Spiderman by the end? I'd love to see something like that.

Loved Let Me In (remarkably solid for a remake/re-adaptation, despite the original being just about perfect, he managed a really beautiful take) and his Apes movies. Day 0 for sure.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Suit doesn't look very good, but maybe it'll improve.
His jawline though.. it's like he's born to play a superhero lol

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
If you want to show off the suit, then show it in its entirety instead of this gimmicky way. Now of what can be seen, sure I like it can't say more cause I need to see more.
It'a almost as if it's a tease to generate excitement, weird, I know. It's also pretty obvious why they would choose moody and dark lighting in which to reveal a new batman, but apparently that's a "gimmick"? It's Batman darkness is his middle name.

We'll undoubtedly see full body's soon since they're shooting now, often when they release this stuff it's so that they can control the first impression when shooting in public places so that they can avoid well, something like this being your first look...
scarlett-johansson-chris-evans-jeremy-renner-avengers-park-ave-03.jpg

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
His jawline and thin structure makes him look a bit more angsty and fragile. Which could be an interesting take for Batman. More gadget and tactic based Batman rather than a wrecking-ball.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
We'll undoubtedly see full body's soon since they're shooting now, often when they release this stuff it's so that they can control the first impression when shooting in public places
That was my first thought, there's going to be some night shoots in the next couple of weeks so there'll be lots of blurry, grainy ones.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
TBF it's done the job. We're on page 12 of a thread about a 30 second video of a very dimly lit, half suit!

Oh absolutely I agree! Of course I understand its purpose and why it's shown off like this. Just tired with the whole teaser thing that not only applies to this reveal specifically, but all movies and marketing in general these days. It can be fun and there are fans that like cookie crumbles and I like the entire cakes :)

Oct 25, 2017
I need to see the cowl. It kinda seems like it'll have wider ears?

I dunno, the cowl looks weird.

Maybe. Could possibly be inspired by the original 1939 cowl!

Also loving the Arkham Knight/Dark Knight-esque mechanical look to the suit. People gonna mark out when he pulls out his bat symbol and beats people with it. Pattinson jawline looking good in the suit too. Skeptical on the leather cowl though, but at least we know he'll move fluidly with it.

I've been saying for ages now that Giacchino always brings his A-Game for Matt Reeves. Always. Love this new theme. Sounds a bit like "Shirley Walker's BTAS music meets John Carpenter." Eager to hear more in the future.

Plus let's be real, most of the MCU soundtracks are pretty meh. I think at this point, the blame there lies way more with Marvel Studios just wanting a certain generic sound for the bulk of their scores and only bother to up the game every once and awhile.

Yeah, I love this new suit design. It's such an interesting love letter to a ton of different Batsuits from the comics, the Arkham games and even Adam West with that stitched together leather cowl. I much prefer this amalgamation approach to designing the Batsuit than just taking wholly from one particular Batsuit like Snyder did with adapting Frank Miller's design for Batfleck.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
The cut of the cowl reminds me too much of Netflix Daredevil, which was never good. Then again, I never liked Netflix Daredevil's cowl because it never looked like Daredevil. Covering Daredevil's nose like they did was just so wrong.

So maybe I won't get those bad vibes in action with this Batman, since Batman's nose is supposed to be covered. But the overall look reminds me of Netflix Daredevil.

I'm also not a fan of overly-armored batsuits. Need to see more of it.