• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
It'a almost as if it's a tease to generate excitement, weird, I know. It's also pretty obvious why they would choose moody and dark lighting in which to reveal a new batman, but apparently that's a "gimmick"? It's Batman darkness is his middle name.

We'll undoubtedly see full body's soon since they're shooting now, often when they release this stuff it's so that they can control the first impression when shooting in public places so that they can avoid well, something like this being your first look...
scarlett-johansson-chris-evans-jeremy-renner-avengers-park-ave-03.jpg
Shame it didn't get any better

Jmille99

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Mark me down as a "something looks off about the mask" person. Not sure if its because the jaw poetion goes so far back or if the cowl looks like it sits too far forward, but something about it I dont like.

Suit and music though? Awesome.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of the mask. I like the collar though.

Just make a batman beyond movie already damnit.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Wait the holy fucking shit!
Are you telling me Giacchino is the new Batman composer?!
Is that song clearly an extended first notes of the elfman's theme as per yout typical awesome Giacchino tribute?!

Heres is all my fucking money. The witch is dead, long live the king!!!!

Just imagine if Giacchino went hard on tributing Shirley Walker's TAS soundtrack. OST of the forever rught fucking there. And being Giacchino thats a possibilty.

Ryno23

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
He's got the chin

I think he's absolutely gonna crush it, potential best Batman imo... And I absolutely love Christian Bale

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
It'a almost as if it's a tease to generate excitement, weird, I know. It's also pretty obvious why they would choose moody and dark lighting in which to reveal a new batman, but apparently that's a "gimmick"? It's Batman darkness is his middle name.

We'll undoubtedly see full body's soon since they're shooting now, often when they release this stuff it's so that they can control the first impression when shooting in public places so that they can avoid well, something like this being your first look...

Well that Captain America suit looked bad even in the actual movie so I doubt that unintentional reveal hurt it much

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017

Goddamn lol

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
We're so used to the form-fitting helmet cowl, but the fabric design here looks like an actual cowl

mewlosgidcozvcjbgybr.gif
That's the Spider-Man mask problem thought, it's supposed to be pure fabric but in reality they have to use a helmet beneath it to really give it the iconic look people expect. That said I think here there's still some solid elements in the cowl to make it batman-like, it's not like the Adam West mask.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Year 2 Batman?

I hope Reeve's trilogy does time skips and covers Bruce/Batman in different stages of his career

I am curious if all goes as planned and they make a trilogy, if there will be any big time skips in there. Though, I usually prefer earlier days Batman. I don't like say Arkham's take where he is so established, he just casually walks around with cops chatting it up and shit.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
Ok now that I got to see this on a bigger screen and with the music, I'm warming to this. Cant wait to see the entire thing. clearly.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Man, I've had this music stuck in my head since I first watched this damn thing. It's just so fucking perfect and cool and brooding.

So looking forward to hearing more.

pdog128

Dec 16, 2017
I don't know, I'm not really feeling it yet. I'm not sure why.

It almost seems like a mishmash to me. I'm no expert on Batman or batsuits, but the body seems like some kind of high-tech body armor, similar to Bale's batsuit. But the cowl seems throwback, with exposed stitching and small ears and less padding? Eh I don't know, I need to see more.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I can see them going leather or something softer for the cowl just to give Pattinson a bit more room to move around and emote a bit more. Its not a suit that is incredibly comfortable in many of its incarnations and often leaves the actors restricted. Go the body armor for, well the body and leave the neck and head more free.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hate, haaaaate the logo made with pieces of the gun who killed his parents.

It's tacky as fuck. I hate it.

I believe that was just a random twitter user hypothesizing that, so I wouldn't take it as fact. And since this isn't an origin story, I will assume we aren't going to see him designing the suit. So, that would be a weird piece of info to convey.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I believe that was just a random twitter user hypothesizing that, so I wouldn't take it as fact. And since this isn't an origin story, I will assume we aren't going to see him designing the suit. So, that would be a weird piece of info to convey.
Even if it's not THE gun they're still pieces of a gun, so that's only slightly less tacky (and would have even less of a reason to be.)

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like they're going for a horror movie thing with the cowl. He actually looks kinda creepy, like a slasher villain almost. Maybe it's just the blank expression...

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
don't know if it has been asked but is it known what sort of batman it will be?

dark knight "real world" batman or supernatural justice league batman?

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Maybe they're saving the full cowl reveal for a reason. Maybe they're going to blow our minds and go full Kelley Jones on the ears
kelley-jones-autographed-batman-1996-dc-comic-book-issue-524-52.jpg
See I love this look for Batman, but only if they fully commit and make like a full CGI character, because I would also want that cool effect of the cape as a shadow and all the rest of the demonic aesthetic.

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
I feel like I'm the only guy who likes all of Giacchino's stuff (except Rogue one but he had like so little time to write the score)

I even turned around on the homecoming theme when the sequel's version became more bombastic and I realized that each movie's theme is gonna be grander and grander to symbolize Spidey growing into a hero

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Even if it's not THE gun they're still pieces of a gun, so that's only slightly less tacky (and would have even less of a reason to be.)

If it's A gun, then it will certainly be THE gun. But, even saying it's a gun is jumping to conclusions. I can kind of see it, but at the same time, it really doesn't look like a gun. If random twitter person hadn't suggested it, I could have looked at it forever without ever thinking it was gun.

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
Robert Pattinson has a fairly thin neck, so I think the collar sort of compensates for that, at least when it comes to the silhouette.

Also, it prolly allows for free head movement like in TDK, but the collar offsets the goofy "bobble head" look from that movie.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I can't stop listening to the music. Sometimes I feel like Giacchino's music is very hit or miss, but if this is any indication of the tone he's going for with the score as a whole, then I'm fucking pumped.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Robert Pattinson has a fairly thin neck, so I think the collar sort of compensates for that, at least when it comes to the silhouette.

Also, it prolly allows for free head movement like in TDK, but the collar offsets the goofy "bobble head" look from that movie.
Affleck's suit in BvS had full head movement but it was still one piece

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Looks very young. I know he's in his 30s like Bale was but he looked more intense. Ok, I'm judging by his chin lol.

Bruce's age was always weird, he raised two Robin's with one being in adulthood but Bruce still looks like a dashing 30 something.

A young Batman is though, we had Batman beginnings in the past.