• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I hope this film leans into some serious horror film/Se7en vibes.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they have a black and white version of the movie on the blu ray.. since its supposed to a be a film noir.

Tokio Blues

Sep 14, 2018
If the movie goes full "Court Of Owls" , Robert Battison will have an excellent job to do. The comics are 10/10, you can see a full broken bruce.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
i hope we DON'T go full court of owls, but leave clues in this movie & the next

then go all out broken court of owls insanity in the finale

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Too much of his face is exposed tbh.

But I am so glad Giachinno is doing this movie. Evoking Vader for Batman is a great choice. Hope the score is as good as his Spider-Man ones, imagine something as good as The Vulture or Mysterio in this movie.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
They actually went backwards with that one.
B005ZCXPP0_CaptainAmericaTheFirstAvenger_UXDY1._V145020163_SX1080_.jpg
Wasn't that kind of the point? The Avengers costume was the saccharine joke of a costume made by a SHIELD committee somewhere, which Rogers almost immediately swapped out for something else in the next movies.

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
Affleck's suit in BvS had full head movement but it was still one piece

Yeah but Affleck has a thicker neck + the neck muscles/tendons were sculpted into the cowl, making it look skin tight. However, when he would turn his head you could still see the details and shit fold/bend and crunch up. Idk if it's just me, but I get distracted by that kind of shit lol. With Pattinson's skinny neck, I feel like the folding and crunching would be even worse. I assume the collar would hide some of that as well, although we really haven't seen a clear shot of the neck yet so who knows what's going on there.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Wasn't that kind of the point? The Avengers costume was the saccharine joke of a costume made by a SHIELD committee somewhere, which Rogers almost immediately swapped out for something else in the next movies.
Yeah, I believe Coulson had a hand in it and he is a big Cap fanboy. I just think the joke wasn't worth going back to that horrible costume.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
If the costume was actually meant to be lame then they would just use it for one scene and ditch it just like in the First Avenger movie. No, the people making the movie definitely though that was a great uniform.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

I think that was just the in-universe justification fans made for what was simply a poorly designed costume. Because there's absolutely no way Disney & Co actually thought "Hey lets give one of our main characters a silly joke of a costume to wear for the entirety of what is one of the most important films in our company's history."

If they deliberately wanted Cap to wear a lame suit, they'd only have him do it for a scene or two before switching to something better. Basically exactly like how they did in the first Cap movie.

coldcrush

Jun 11, 2018
I went from having zero interest in this movie to gradually over time becoming slightly curious to now being actually pretty excited. I think oddly Pattison may end up being a good batman, cautiously optimistic on this movie.... Not sure if this image is old news or is an actual shot, but I googled to see if there were any clearer shots of the suit /mask and found this where you can see it has more of a leather cowl feel and less rubbery which is pretty cool
batman-robert-pattinson-color-manip.jpg

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
The Avengers 1 Cap costume would have been perfect if the helmet/mask was like the other versions of his costume.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I went from having zero interest in this movie to gradually over time becoming slightly curious to now being actually pretty excited. I think oddly Pattison may end up being a good batman, cautiously optimistic on this movie.... Not sure if this image is old news or is an actual shot, but I googled to see if there were any clearer shots of the suit /mask and found this where you can see it has more of a leather cowl feel and less rubbery which is pretty cool
Pattinson will absolutely be a good Batman. Great even. I have zero qualms about his acting ability considering his output in recent years.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got around to watching Good Time the other week. I'm beyond hyped now.

Also, friendly reminder folks, watch Good Time :)

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

This makes me think .... what color do you guys think it will be?

Maybe we will have our first serious blue batman movie =O

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
It's weird af watching grown ass men on Twitter going nuts about it lol. I couldn't imagine what they would consider a proper bane but then I remembered the Arkham games. A bigger version of this I guess
FXTSXXP.jpg

I like most designs in Arkham games, but rocksteady's Bane is just stupid. The one from Arkham Origins is soooo much better

And if you HAVE to make him hulk like, both designs in the first injustice were really good

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I was already unreasonably excited for this film and that didn't help. The suit looks great and I loved the tease of Giacchino's music.
This makes me think .... what color do you guys think it will be?

Maybe we will have our first serious blue batman movie =O
Give the people what they want Reeves.

Last edited:

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019

I really like the stitching in the cowl. Such a different vibe than Bale's singular piece of graphite. Pattinson will make a cool Batman.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You know I'm turning around on the materials used. Definitely starting to like it better than the hunk of plastic-looking things we've gotten in the past.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
Yeah, but that contextually works

Just wanted to add, he's done emotional scenes without the mask too. His character being blind isn't the main reason why it works both ways. It works both ways because he's a good actor. Same reason why it worked for Ben Poindexter, who wasn't canonically blind but wore the suit. I'm starting to think the main reason why you'd be against the idea of eyes covered for this new batman is because you're unsure of the actor's range, not because 'it doesn't work'.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
The only thing I dont care for is so much of the lower half of his face being exposed. The face hole going so far back weirdly reveals part of his sideburns. It didn't need to go as far as the back of his jawline, and would look better if they cut it off a bit over an inch forward.