• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I need my DMC spin off "The adventures of Dante and Vergil", pls!

Is that really something to be upset about regarding the circumstances? Her appereance in the prequel novel wasn't that good already.
So to say: If that's your solution, I'd rather have my problem back.

Lucia deserves far more development over being sidelined. A character ultimately being in a game, even if not used properly is still better than a appearance in a Japanese novel at the end of the day.

Jan 21, 2019
I vastly prefer games like DMC5, God of War and Sekiro to Assassin's Creed.

I want a singular experience with closure. More content should come in form of a sequel or not at all.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Did DMC5 sell poorly?

It's a really, really fun game, and if they aren't adding any playable characters that's a damn shame.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
No it's the fastest selling in franchise history. 2 million under 2 weeks .
That's what I figured.

Maybe Capcom's decided that they don't want to do major DLC and would prefer to do special edition rereleases (and there's likely plenty of data to back up that strategy).

They did say "no DLC planned" for Monster Hunter World a couple of times, though, didn't they?

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Maybe Capcom's decided that they don't want to do major DLC and would prefer to do special edition rereleases
ck2Eq7s.png

Lunatious

Dec 18, 2018
This really is a bummer. I wanted to see how they'd iterate on a playable Vergil (the guy actually needs new weapons instead of DMC3 rehashes). Improvements on Lady & Trish from DMC4SE would've been great, too.

What? How was Vergil DLC not planned and developed alongside the game? That's the easiest $20 sell to a fanbase ever.

Probably because they figured a Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition down the line on next-gen consoles was an even easier $40 sell.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Hopefully Ladies Night is a seperate game... please.

Although DMC5 already felt like a packed ass game and I am a far bigger fan of Resident Evil so I can't possibly be upset by this.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't that be the Bloody Palace DLC?

No. He spoke about announcements besides DLC. My translation from back then:

――4月にブラッディパレスの配信が発表されていますが、これ以外にDLC展開は考えているのでしょうか?

岡部:未発表のものはありますが、それについては今後の情報をお待ちください。僕らとしてはゲーム本編にすべての力を注いでいるので、まずは製品版をじっくり楽しんでほしいですね。DLCはあくまで本編のあとに、ユーザーさんがお好みで選べるようなものを用意しています。

There are future announcements, but there will be more on that later on so please wait for later information. Right now all of our efforts are focused on the main game, so I want you enjoy that first. We are preparing DLC after the main part/story that users can choose according to their preference.

Source: https://t.co/RaXu9lG0eG?amp=1

I will literally die if they make a Dragon's Dogma 2 for current-gen/next-gen consoles.

Four years ago Itsuno pitched two projects to Capcom's CEO: DMC5 and Dragon's Dogma 2. He was given a choice and chose to work on DMC5. Now he's already announced that he's working on a new project. We're pretty sure that it's Dragon's Dogma 2. If so it will be next gen in that case, since it would take at least three years.

Last edited:

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
That's what I figured.

Maybe Capcom's decided that they don't want to do major DLC and would prefer to do special edition rereleases (and there's likely plenty of data to back up that strategy).

They did say "no DLC planned" for Monster Hunter World a couple of times, though, didn't they?
Especially with next gen around the corner making full on rereleases more viable.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
You never know, things can change but yeah I don't think we'll be seeing any new DLC for a while if we do even see it.