• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
On whether Vergil will be playable at some point:

8fNT3Q4.png

On "Ladies Night" DLC:

kDhxOm1.png

I wonder if Capcom decided to pull the plug based solely on sales figure, or it was actually a collective decision before release. No playable Vergil at least would be pretty sad though.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm glad that DMC5 did well, but I'm sad that we aren't getting anymore content.

Oh well, here's to DMC5 Special Edition next-gen.

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed DMC5 well enough...but ive been pretty lethargic to diving back in for bloody palace or any replays, and Lady and Trish are the main reasons why. So this is pretty disheartening.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Well, we can't exactly get upset about not getting content that they never announced.

DMCV is a great game as it is.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
When fans want it? "We don't really want to do DLC." When fans don't want it? "Here's a ton of cosmetics, plus a $40 season pass!"

lol.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
On whether Vergil will be playable at some point:

8fNT3Q4.png

On "Ladies Night" DLC:

kDhxOm1.png

I wonder if Capcom decided to pull the plug based solely on sales figure, or it was actually a collective decision before release. No playable Vergil at least would be pretty sad though.
Seems like it was planned to finish and move on to something else as quick as possible, its too soon after release to look at sales figures and say 'nah, cancel the ladies night dlc in development'

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
If they are anything like the MH team, this means nothing. They won't announce anything until they are ready to, and they are fine with saying the "no plans" line even if they are doing the opposite.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointing to hear considering the teaser with Lady and Trish at the end and
Vergil having a full playable moveset via hacks in the PC version.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm perfectly fine with that. Make great games and then move onto the next thing. I'm still playing RE2 to this day, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
They've been saying that for DMC5 so I never really bought into the rumors, but that seems like a huge missed opportunity to not do more with what they already made.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I been said this game feels like it was on a VERY tight budget. Like Capcom gave this team just enough to create this game and this game only.
Good! Let the developers rest and then move onto their next project.

Fuck GaaS! It's a cancer on the industry!
How is what would basically be an expansion pack GAAS? Have Capcom secretly been creating GAAS titles since 2006?

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
All those dlc rumors were bullshit? Actually pretty sad I wanted to support this game further for what was what was rumored to be he planned

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Resident Evil 2 was phenomenal. I put 90 hours into it, and will probably continue doing playthroughs here and there. It's on track to be my personal GOTY. Super excited to consider the future of the RE franchise.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
But isn't Vergil already playable a third of the game? šŸ¤­

Maybe we can get Urizen kickin ass on bloody palace