• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor

Ani Easton Baker, his most recent girlfriend, has also come forward

And their claims have been backed up by friends/coworkers who've gone on the record as having seen instances of abuse

Landis' history had been an open secret for a while, as evidenced by this detailed early-2018 article from Daily Beast https://www.thedailybeast.com/bright-screenwriter-max-landis-accused-of-sexual-assault

Earlier this week, Jake Weisman, creator of the upcoming Comedy Central series Corporate, composed a tweet that appeared to be directed at Landis: "Definitely watch that big Netflix movie coming out, written by that fucking psychopath who is one of the worst people alive." Mike Drucker, a writer for The President Show, replied to it with: "Jake, I have exactly entirely 100% no idea of whom you're talking about but I just hope he doesn't have a powerful father in Hollywood who's covered up for the fucked up shit he's done."

Former BBC host and sketch-comedy writer Siobhan Thompson then responded to Drucker's tweet, writing: "I don't know who you mean but if that's true I bet I have SEVERAL friends who have been sexually assaulted by him."

Earlier this year a (since-deleted) anonymous Medium post from an accuser went more in-depth https://news.avclub.com/one-of-max-landis-sexual-assault-accusers-comes-forward-1832607378

This is per an anonymous Medium post that appeared online earlier this week, written by someone calling themselves "The Colour Society Reject." In the post, the woman in question lays out a trip she took with Landis—once a friend—to a California tourist destination several years ago. While there, Landis forcefully attempted to initiate sex with her while she was intoxicated, despite the fact that she repeatedly told him, "This is a really bad idea. Stop. Please, no, this is a really bad idea. No, stop." Eventually, she "went limp and pretended to pass out," at which point Landis "got off of me and rolled over, and then he fell asleep spooning me."

The author of the post says that she and Landis remained friends for some time after the incident. She also offers up screenshots of Facebook conversations between the two of them in which they discussed the incident, and in which Landis downplays her obvious distress, says he believed they were only "wrestling" at the time, and describes the incident as "making half a move." "I got my signals really crossed," he concludes, having apparently misconstrued "Stop. Please, no."

The author says that she was initially in conversation with The Hollywood Reporter about publishing a piece on her allegations against Landis, which the publication vetted extensively. However, the story was eventually killed because she was unwilling to come forward and reveal her name. "One thing I realized by getting involved in a public #MeToo story," she writes, "Is that the most horrifying accounts rarely surface because the extreme trauma makes it incredibly difficult to speak, amplified many times over when the perpetrator is famous. I can only imagine how many stories like ours have been shelved. "

While films he's since done work on (Shadow in the Cloud) have thankfully undergone enough rewriting he wound up being successfully distanced from the project, he still has managed to not be completely rejected yet from the business. Currently he is employed as a consultant for WWE Raw

Last edited:

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
info has come out before and it did ruin all his internet friendships so collider and screen junkies want nothing more to do with him

now hopefully this piece of shit can lose all jobs in holly wood

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Max and his dad are such petty, vengeful, vitriolic pieces of shit, and it took courage to publicly speak out.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, so this is why Priscilla Page retweeted this month old tweet.

So many people came out with stories about him when Me Too was at its most prevalent, it's amazing that he didn't crawl under a rock and disappear for forever.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they go all-in on this fuckhead this time, holding nothing back.

Burn his world to the fucking ground.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, so this is why Priscilla Page retweeted this month old tweet.

So many people came out with stories about him when Me Too was at its most prevalent, it's amazing that he didn't crawl under a rock and disappear for forever.

He did disappear from the public spotlight for a while. He went dark on twitter and kept his head down, hoping shit would just "blow over".

I hope he gets absolutely wrecked this time, so he won't be able to show his asshole face ever again.

Grenchel

Oct 27, 2017
Werent the initial allegations from a few months that he was just some snobbish prick?

An overall piece of shit that has been made a career from shitty father and his cronies.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Fuck this asshole. And wait, Whitney Moore too?! If I'm remembering correctly, she was one of the very extremely few voices in his old circle of friends that was kinda sympathetic to him back when the first accusations happened. Good on her to come forward, she is a very cool host in the YouTube DC Comics shows.

How can an asshole like him to keep getting away with shit like this? How the fuck WWE Raw even hired him after all that has come to light already?

DWaM

May 31, 2019
I remember actually liking some of this dude's work. Eugh. I feel dirty now.

Nov 2, 2017

Chloe Dykstra (who accused Chris Hardwick of horrendous things while they were a couple):Max was like family to me. I have witnessed some of this behavior firsthand, and I deeply regret excusing it and remaining friends with him. I believe Whitney, and I stand by her.

Whitney Moore (replying): love you so much sister

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Fuck this asshole. And wait, Whitney Moore too?! If I'm remembering correctly, she was one of the very extremely few voices in his old circle of friends that was kinda sympathetic to him back when the first accusations happened. Good on her to come forward, she is a very cool host in the YouTube DC Comics shows.

How can an asshole like him to keep getting away with shit like this? How the fuck WWE Raw even hired him after all that has come to light already?
How the fuck are they still going to Saudi Arabia? They don't give a shit about anything.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
How the fuck are they still going to Saudi Arabia? They don't give a shit about anything.
Yeah I don't really follow WWE but I got to know about the Saudi Arabia deal they have through here, it is fucked up. I thought that this dude had a fallout with some WWE folks as well in the past, but I think I got it wrong and it was a minor league or something.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Priscilla Page and others coming out of the woodwork on Twitter destroying Landis

Seems like this might be bad for him

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Priscilla Page and others coming out of the woodwork on Twitter destroying Landis

Seems like this might be bad for him
I think I have a better understanding now of why more women are now coming forward and speaking publicly: it didn't start with Whitney Moore accounts I think, but her last former girlfriend:

Check her comments, here are the screencaps:

Sweeney Swift maybe you should edit the OP with his ex-girlfriend Ani Easton Baker's accounts as well. Good on Ani, Whitney and everyone else that is coming forward.

Last edited:

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
It sounds like he has hurt a lot of people, and even those close to him think he has problems. I hope this gains traction and the people he has hurt can find some closure.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That boy wasn't raised right, I'm tellin' ya

Crazy to think this dude was the goldenboy of movie-nerd YouTube just some years back

(probably still is to a good chunk of them, sadly)

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Finally, we have a direct name and details of all of this.

I'm glad she was able to put it out there finally, and be able to tell her story.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Crazy to think this dude was the goldenboy of movie-nerd YouTube just some years back
I myself admit that I was a fan of his shtick, and of some of his movies.

But after reading the accounts and rumors over the past few years from the many sources and women, a lot of whom he worked with in his viral videos or even movies, its pretty easy to see the kind of person he is.

Spineless.

JJAwiiu

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like there was a similar thread a couple years ago. Maybe where there's smoke, there's fire?

I know nothing about the guy really. Saw him on a Best of the Worst with Red Letter Media, and he seemed a bit goofy and unlikeable. He struck me like a rich child with Daddy's Money, trying to follow in his footsteps. But I never expected him to become significant enough to have threads about. I guess he must have done something noteworthy?

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Finally, we have a direct name and details of all of this.

I'm glad she was able to put it out there finally, and be able to tell her story.
Names. Ani Easton Baker as well. And this one was the one even more recent than Whitney, since she is his last 'official' girlfriend. She was with him even after the first accusations came forward and he stopped posting on twitter. Whitney was also his girlfriend years ago and then friend. I think if I'm reading this correctly, the fact that Landis simply never really stopped being a fucking abusive asshole even with his last girlfriend was what triggered them moving forward, also as a heads up for possible present and future victims.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like there was a similar thread a couple years ago. Maybe where there's smoke, there's fire?

I know nothing about the guy really. Saw him on a Best of the Worst with Red Letter Media, and he seemed a bit goofy and unlikeable. He struck me like a rich child with Daddy's Money, trying to follow in his footsteps. But I never expected him to become significant enough to have threads about. I guess he must have done something noteworthy?
He did a bunch of funny but very well produced video essays/comedy vids covering stuff like the Death of Superman and the WWE which earned him a lot of internet cred back in the day, especially since they featured well-known Holllywood talent.

Unfortunately, he later then became the guy known for launching a fleet of a thousand "Rey is a Mary Sue" hot takes, which was just a topping on the shit sandwich.

And now, here we are.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly with some of the stuff people are alluding to its insane he isnt in jail. Some of the stuff explaining stuff in here is fucked up, but a lot of the more ambiguous stuff sounds really fucked up. Like what the fuck does this guy to people?

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad these people came forward about these terrible experiences and his terrible behavior. I appreciate their courage.

I've really disliked this piss ant since back when I was posting on the PWoT forums (which shutdown as the Cracked forums). It really sucks that I wasn't wrong to feel as such.

Vonnegut

Banned
May 27, 2018
Didn't this guy create the show Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency?

He seems pretty successful. Even if Hollywood publicly shuns him, I think they'll continue to use him as a ghost writer.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
People are finally speaking up. Last time when things started to come out everybody scrubbed their tweets after a day. Doesn't look like it's happening this time.