• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
People have been rationalising what his Dad did on the set of the Twilight Zone film for decades, it's not wonder he got away with this shit for so long. Revolting family.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly with some of the stuff people are alluding to its insane he isnt in jail. Some of the stuff explaining stuff in here is fucked up, but a lot of the more ambiguous stuff sounds really fucked up. Like what the fuck does this guy to people?

Yeah it really became reading each of these accounts only to come away without any specifics other than the one guy who saw him slap a girl. They are probably afraid of a lawsuit but I mean, if he really is as physically abusive as being alluded he needs to go to jail and for that to happen they need to come forward with their stories.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully his career will be over, and he'll no longer be in a position to hurt people. Fucking asshole.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
He always seemed dishonest in his behaviour and actions. Did people forget all the accounts of him being a total shit stain that should be barred from Hollywood and society.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Man, fuck Landis. I'm getting tired of people turning out to be total shitheels. I'm going back to the Keanu thread so I can enjoy humanity not puking on itself.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I guess I'm really out of the loop. I have no idea who this person is. But fuck him for what he's done.

Oct 30, 2017
The OP really needs an overhaul, the copied text there is from 2016 and 2017, lead with the Ani Easton Baker stuff, she was his girlfriend when he got outed the first time, it's a first hand account. The reason he didn't get nailed properly the first time was because no one went on record.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
are there any details on what john landis actually did? most of the max landis stories have something about his powerful hollywood father helping to cover for him, but john landis doesn't exactly strike be as a particularly powerful figure. i'm sure he has connections and all, but his only movie during the past two decades has been burke and hare (whatever that is). what could he really do?

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
are there any details on what john landis actually did? most of the max landis stories have something about his powerful hollywood father helping to cover for him, but john landis doesn't exactly strike be as a particularly powerful figure. i'm sure he has connections and all, but his only movie during the past two decades has been burke and hare (whatever that is). what could he really do?

His dad was a big name director for a long time and like father, like son, he basically got away with killing several people on a movie set. You might not know him but the people with clout did.

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017
You mean John Landis, the man who was partially responsible for the death of 3 people (2 of them were children) and still continues to have a good career in Hollywood? He might have not done much in the past few years but he still has good connections.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
You mean John Landis, the man who was partially responsible for the death of 3 people (2 of them were children) and still continues to have a good career in Hollywood? He might have not done much in the past few years but he still has good connections.
The Berg and many others told him to fuck off thankfully.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His dad was a big name director for a long time and like father, like son, he basically got away with killing several people on a movie set. You might not know him but the people with clout did.
you two basically just repeated what i said. of course i know who john landis is, and i know about the twilight zone helicopter thing. it still doesn't answer my question: what did he do to cover for max landis? way bigger fishes than landis have been exposed in recent times, so i would like some details on how the connections of a has-been filmmaker helped to keep things secret.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
you two basically just repeated what i said. of course i know who john landis is, and i know about the twilight zone helicopter thing. it still doesn't answer my question: what did he do to cover for max landis? way bigger fishes than landis have been exposed in recent times, so i would like some details on how the connections of a has-been filmmaker helped to keep things secret.

If we all knew that this would be an even bigger story then it already is turning out to be.

Oct 27, 2017
This has always been one of the weird things about this story. John Landis is rich but he certainly isn't some mega powerful Hollywood kingpin. And yet there's this idea that he's covering up for the son and everyone is terrified of him. If he is, how has he done that when more powerful people couldn't get away with their own crimes? If he isn't, then how did a moderately successful screenwriter get away publicly abusing people for years? This almost feels comparable to the Bryan Singer situation where you wonder if Landis is part of a network of powerful people and there's a bigger story here.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
He sounds like a lot of manipulative people that I've encountered in my life, that I've allowed to take advantage of me because I have a bad habit of taking people at face value.

I'm almost afraid to ask this but a lot of posts linked in the OP allude to how horrifying his actions have been, that he's done things too fucked up to type out.

Is there a link that outs what that refers to? I don't want to put it out there to upset people but I think the more horrifying details should be exposed. People should know the full scale of what he's done to others.

Oct 27, 2017
He sounds like a lot of manipulative people that I've encountered in my life, that I've allowed to take advantage of me because I have a bad habit of taking people at face value.

I'm almost afraid to ask this but a lot of posts linked in the OP allude to how horrifying his actions have been, that he's done things too fucked up to type out.

Is there a link that outs what that refers to? I don't want to put it out there to upset people but I think the more horrifying details should be exposed. People should know the full scale of what he's done to others.
I don't think so. Discussions of Landis are always vague, presumably for legal reasons.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Remember when he didn't know what saxophone was?

This guy is a creep and an idiot

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the least shocking ones to come out, dude was always sketch. Good on all these women for coming forward, but it's another case of an open secret that never should have gotten this far.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Hopefully this is the nail in the coffin, he's gotten away with it before and has continued getting work.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I
Remember when he didn't know what saxophone was?

This guy is a creep and an idiot

My experience with Max Landis was long and extremely unpleasant but nothing like the allegations of his victims on account of me being a heavy ugly adult male who didn't know anything about him or care about his dad. However it did contain a vast amount of this kind of shit.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
You can really see him trying to act like a human

10ek68d.gif

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
This has been known and people were steady putting him back on for rumored projects.

The thing is that he's such a nobody to the general public that the allegations don't stick and a lot of the people who control hiring don't seem to give a shit about moral standards so long as they're not called on it.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
? They've ripped him at least once, probably twice on the show for being a shitbag once all the shit started hitting Twitter. I think they are more subtle self-burns because they are also embarrassed that they had him on the show
And that would be OK if their own comments are above reproach and of late....

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, like most people I was turned onto RLM because of their excellent prequel and Indiana Jones reviews. Gradually learning that they are alt-right sympathising, anti-"SJW" transphobes was...perhaps not entirely surprising, but horribly disappointing nonetheless.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, like most people I was turned onto RLM because of their excellent prequel and Indiana Jones reviews. Gradually learning that they are alt-right sympathising, anti-"SJW" transphobes was...perhaps not entirely surprising, but horribly disappointing nonetheless.
I still don't think they're alt-right but they do have some bad takes. And I mostly think it comes from Mike and Rich. Rich in particular is suspect to me.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Disgusting. The Landis family should never have been allowed back into the fold after the father was responsible for the deaths of two children and Vic Morrow.