• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Well, I didn't know he was a sadistic bastard, nothing of value will be lost if his name is going to disappear from everything entertainment related.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Hopefully this will be enough to finally finish this piece of shit.
It won't be. This is all very nebulous. No one's going on record to do a big story on him so far, and there's a sad reason for it.

It's too humiliating. Max is the exact kind of guy women in LA bow and scrape to. Young, charismatic, confident, powerful, white, handsome, and rich. They endured so much shit from him, accepted every humiliation, and still tried to win his approval. It's only after they got distance from their "relationship" to him that they could see what he really was: A sadistic monster who made them jump through hoops for his own amusement.

If any woman comes forward and talks about how shitty he was to them in their relationship, he and his lawyers will pull text messages and private conversations that show the person wanting to be with him and begging for his approval. "If I was really so horrible, why would you beg me not to leave you?" He knows all their secrets, all their weaknesses. If you come for him, he will come for you with everything he has. That's why no one's come forward in the same way they have with other abusers.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
are there any details on what john landis actually did? most of the max landis stories have something about his powerful hollywood father helping to cover for him, but john landis doesn't exactly strike be as a particularly powerful figure. i'm sure he has connections and all, but his only movie during the past two decades has been burke and hare (whatever that is). what could he really do?

He could do 150 million things.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
people keep saying he's employed by WWE but i'm pretty sure that hasn't been the case for years. not that it really matters since they're both giant pieces of shit anyway, but still

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I am forever going to be taken aback by how badly I underestimated this guy. I really thought he was a dime a dozen rich prick with way too much confidence and attitude. But he's so far from that. Every thing I thought he did wrong, I assumed was a thoughtless indiscretion, but there isn't anything thoughtless about it. It was precise. It was methodical. It was evil. And he's been this way since his adolescence.

When these women talk about how charming he can be and how he can fool you, I believe them. It worked on me! Watching his yt videos, listening to him on podcasts... he really perfected that charming rascal performance. He's so good at making people see that there's some kernel of good in him deep down, but that too is an illusion. Years ago, when I read this blind item, I didn't want to believe it. Today? It seems like his exact MO.

"This happened when he was back in college. In college, he had a reputation as a racist. He referred to anyone Hispanic as brown, or brown people. He never held back on commenting on the size of women's breasts or their appearance. If someone had a heavy accent he would always tell them to learn to speak English. He yelled at professors and they couldn't do anything because his dad had given money to the school. All of that is bad enough, but one night he raped a woman. He did so at a party in a second story room. When he finished raping her, he took her clothes and threw them out the window. He then forced her to walk through the party downstairs without any clothes on after raping her. That woman was subjected to bullying and taunts for the rest of the time she remained at the university. She was the one bullied even though he raped her. She had an emotional and nervous breakdown because of the trauma he caused. He doesn't care. He has shown no willingness to change any of his behaviors and even though he has continued to be horrible to women, studios keep rewarding him because he makes them money. This has to stop. "

This guy is an absolutely does this kind of shit. The part about his constant comments about women's appearances is stuff even he admitted to. He isn't just a bad guy, or even a criminal. I genuinely think he's evil. He derives pleasure from holding power over people and minimizing them. He uses his fame and looks to abuse women especially. He doesn't do this because of a diagnoses, or his upbringing, or anything. I genuinely believe he's a being of evil. A walking, talking, demon who spreads misery and pain for his own amusement. An American Incubus.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
His botw episode was weird, because iirc he invited himself.

I liked some of his stuff in the past, especially his interpretation of Dirk Gently.

He can go fuck himself though, I remember this stuff coming up a few years ago already - hopefully this time it'll stick and hopefully he won't be hired again.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If any woman comes forward and talks about how shitty he was to them in their relationship, he and his lawyers will pull text messages and private conversations that show the person wanting to be with him and begging for his approval. "If I was really so horrible, why would you beg me not to leave you?" He knows all their secrets, all their weaknesses. If you come for him, he will come for you with everything he has. That's why no one's come forward in the same way they have with other abusers.
662ff7dd1c1aa6a5b2068a0b85f9ecaa.gif

I always wondered why all the stories the first time around were so vague. But now it makes sense for that and why no one would go on record. But if all of them come out at once, surely he can't be able to stop that?

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Weren't Macaulay and him friends...or atleast they appeared together at the end of the Landis BOTW in the stinger?

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Did some digging and I found something truly interesting. Someone that knows Max found a thread on him in a degenerate site called kiwifarms and basically made a big post exposing what a monster he is to push back on some of the narrative there. Here it is:

Hey y'all. I've been here lurking this thread for a minute, wondering if I should say something and I've decided I want to with his allegations coming back into light again. Sooo, here goes.

Max Landis is most definitely is a serial rapist, serial sexual assaulter, malicious narcissist and sociopath. I know this because I used to be deep in his inner social circle, and he assaulted me as well. Idk how you all handle this here, but I'm willing to verify my identity privately with someone to prove I know what I'm talking about.

It's hard to say how many victims he has exactly, but it seems as though its between 15-20 women since his college days. He had a sexual assault lawsuit made against him in college that he intimidated the girl into dropping with his family's fame and power. He bragged about it regularly. I personally know (as in, they have told me their stories firsthand) of four other girls besides myself who he assaulted in much the same way, like following a script. The medium article writer is one of them. It's a lot how mine went as well, him setting up a situation where the victim is physically trapped, having his way with them, and then whining about mixed messages after taking forceful advantage of the victim. Let me tell you guys honestly that it is scary how much my story matches up with the others I know about. It really leaves me without a doubt in my mind that this is/was all a calculated game to him.

He made it a point to socially ostracize and smear anyone who dared challenge him, which has made it hard to locate all the victims. Because his assaults span so many years, there's potential victims we don't even know about because they've been intimidated into silence long ago.

One of the girls I know of did recently press charges, and he chose to settle with her out of court. She however can't talk about this publicly because her case with him is now considered "resolved". That part sucks, because that basically proves his guilt. We all greatly fear being sued by him because he's that kind of crazy.

As fucked up as this is, I feel like this story isn't really having an impact on people because it's so personal. None of the victims are famous, he didn't tell us to sleep with him or we wouldn't get jobs, he just manipulated, intimidated and broke very insecure people for funzies because he's a fucking fetid wound of a human. But I feel like not having a twist at the end of this story is making it not stick in the media, the punchline is just that he's the actual fucking worst, but that's not much of a punchline in 2019.

In December 2017 The Hollywood Reporter interviewed many, many women in the film industry in LA, including myself, about their experiences with Max. It ranged from benign workplace harassment to actual rape. After a while we noticed the article never ran. It still never has. They have all those interviews and testimonies and for some reason never published the article. We have our suspicions he sicced Mommy and Daddy's lawyers on THR to silence them.

There's a couple more smaller publications interested in info now and I plan to talk to them, if Max doesn't issue a gag order on them too.

Anyways, I guess I just want people to know this so this fucktard stops making a cool $50 mil a year when he's not only one of the most genuinely horrible people I've ever had the displeasure of meeting, but also when he's as bad as his fucking job as he is, too. All his scripts are garbage and I want him to go away forever. I have more I can say if people care at all.

And here's a follow up post they made that included something VERY interesting to me:

"I remember some cryptic tweets last year from Hannah Marks about not being able to speak about her 'Me Too' story. At the time she was friends with Landis and was starring in that Dirk Gently show.

Shortly after she scrubbed him from her social media and doesn't seem to interact with him at all, were as before he was regularly mentioned on her twitter/IG."
Yeah, that's right! Fuck, I forgot about her. She's one of his victims. They were "dating" but it seemed like he was just playing emotional games with her for fun, because he does that. He'd brag to me about how he was always making her cry, like that was just hilarious.

And interestingly enough, if you go to Hannah Marks' twitter page, and look under likes, she's been liking all sorts of anti-Max Landis shit lately.

So from these posts, Max used every ounce of influence he had to destroy a THR article that was going to expose him as a monster back in 2017. It also tells us he's been getting away with sexual assault for years and openly brags about hurting and humiliating women. And we KNOW this is true, because he slipped and did it once in a 2013 interview.

This guy is evil. Like, truly, deeply, evil. The kind of person that revels in causing pain and misery to as many people as possible. One of the few true monsters I've ever encountered. There's just a black pit where his heart is supposed to be, it's actually scary.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
To the quote that says he's had his dad covering up shit for him because he's a powerful figure in Hollywood; how does John Landis still have that much pull? Sure, he's got some major films under his belt & was a force in the 80s, but the guy hasn't made a film of any relevance since the mid-90s & hasn't been much of a presence at all recently. Does John Landis really still wield so much respect that he can garner that much favor in Hollywood today? It's not like he's making people a lot of money still & so exec's look the other way for him.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
To the quote that says he's had his dad covering up shit for him because he's a powerful figure in Hollywood; how does John Landis still have that much pull? Sure, he's got some major films under his belt & was a force in the 80s, but the guy hasn't made a film of any relevance since the mid-90s & hasn't been much of a presence at all recently. Does John Landis really still wield so much respect that he can garner that much favor in Hollywood today? It's not like he's making people a lot of money still & so exec's look the other way for him.

Old rich fucks look out for each other.

Oct 27, 2017

He probably has done a lot of behind-the-scenes things away from directing, keeping connections established. I think there's been quite a few high profile people that have turned away from him over the years though, and I'm not sure he can keep a lid on this anymore either. His dad is a real shit too for what ended up being a needless accident getting three people killed, including two children who weren't even supposed to be working that late from what I understand.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Back when I watched RLM he appeared as a guest star for the first time and it was the first time I heard umblings of this exact abuse. Chronicle and a few of his comics have been the only things related to him I think I ever spent money on and I'm sick that I ever gave the scumbag a dime.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

He probably knows where the bodies, figurative and literal, are buried.

Hubologist

Nov 1, 2017
I remember that 2013 interview. He came off like an arrogant, condescending prick.

I didn't know about his father. Apple don't fall too far from the tree.

They both seem like certifiable sociopaths.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
His most recent ex saying that if you're his friend know he's using that and talking shit about you behind your back to use all of them against each other -- presumably so none of them compare notes -- is pretty telling. Here's hoping Jenny reevaluates.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Max Landis sounds like an actual real deal psychopath. Holy shit the amount of stories and the fact they're all similar in how horrifying says it all. This guy left a trail of damaged people in his wake and seemingly revels in the misery he causes.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
6C49Tdx.jpg

from last may so after the initial allegations
Was just about to post that. Ya, she stayed friends with him for a long time. If you go to Max's yt profile, you can also see he likes every one of her videos. They stayed in touch. Any time twitter went for a round of Max allegations, I always checked her "liked" tweets to see if she was liking tweets shit talking him. She never did and still never has.

Something changed though. Very recently she stopped following him on instagram and started following his ex. This may have been the thing that severed their friendship.

I don't blame her for being friends with him for so long in the first place... Max is very good at manipulating people and pretending to be a good guy. Even when the truth is staring at you in the face, he's always able to reel you in somehow.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Was just about to post that. Ya, she stayed friends with him for a long time. If you go to Max's yt profile, you can also see he likes every one of her videos. They stayed in touch. Any time twitter went for a round of Max allegations, I always checked her "liked" tweets to see if she was liking tweets shit talking him. She never did and still never has.

Something changed though. Very recently she stopped following him on instagram and started following his ex. This may have been the thing that severed their friendship.

I don't blame her for being friends with him for so long in the first place... Max is very good at manipulating people and pretending to be a good guy. Even when the truth is staring at you in the face, he's always able to reel you in somehow.
Yeah maybe its sadly telling for this day and age but the best I can hope for is for her to not defend him and that looks unlikely from what you've posted. Didn't think they had a single thing to do with one another till today.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Not a lot to do with Max, but I absolutely cannot stand Lexi Alexander. Awful person with a garbage rep in the industry.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017

i see

i think she has better judgement than to defend him, but who knows these days

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Read a rumour that his Dad isn't the one that's protecting him... but that it's his Mom. Apparently he has a pretty shitty relationship with his Dad, but his Mom (who is a legendary costume designer) is the real power behind the scenes moving heaven and Earth to protect her baby boy. Would be supremely fucked up if she knew about his sexual assaults and worked to protect him despite knowing what he really was.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn...hopefully all of this prevents him from getting work in the future, but I can't say I'm optimistic about that. Best to just boycott his stuff I suppose.

Oct 28, 2017
Damn...hopefully all of this prevents him from getting work in the future, but I can't say I'm optimistic about that. Best to just boycott his stuff I suppose.

Don't worry, his lack of talent will do that. Everything he's written is fairly lame. Can't blame studio execs while coasting on daddy's name forever.

I have never felt more milkshake ducked ever before. I guess this explains her weird thing for Kylo Ren.

She could very well have her perception of the allegations warped by her own personal feelings towards Max.

Nobody's perfect, no reason to shun Jenny for this.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616

Honestly, Lexi can fuck off. She isn't doing anything good for her friend or women of color, she is trying to make this about herself, and that's all she does all the time. Sit the fuck down.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, Lexi can fuck off. She isn't doing anything good for her friend or women of color, she is trying to make this about herself, and that's all she does all the time. Sit the fuck down.

That whole chain is crazy! "Hey, Max abused you? Well he abused my friend first... and my friend is a POC! Also here's an article about "white women's tears."

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616

Whitney, Dylan and until at least the end of last year Ani all reportedly dated Max. That Alexander has the gall of making these women feel bad for taking their time to understand what was going on with them is fucking unbelievable. I bet that her 'woc friend' doesn't think like her.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I get being pissed about someone calling you a liar but when she's apologised you just come off as bitter and trying to make it all about you (Lexi).

Glad people have had the confidence to come out publicly, can't of been easy as this has been rumoured for years.