• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I had to wrack my brain to even remember who Lexi Alexander was. Lady has never done anything of note and will go down in history as a could-have-been

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017

It is important to listen when women come forward. When they have identical, horrifying stories of abuse and rape. When you find yourself wondering "why social media? why not the police?" LISTEN when they tell you exactly why

Love that quote from Akana and I'm going to be saving it for a long time. It's a refain we keep saying as marginalized groups but needs to stay. People in positions of ignorance or privilege always seem baffled by some of the decisions we make as marginalized groups but the thing is we don't act randomly. Bigotry has patterns that it manifests in in every arena. Patterns that force the disenfranchised to make desicions for their own physical, mental or emotional health that someone not living in our reality don't see.

Don't worry, his lack of talent will do that. Everything he's written is fairly lame. Can't blame studio execs while coasting on daddy's name forever.
I've yet to read American Alien but I picked up his comic Green Valley back in 2016 on a recommendation from a comics podcast I listened to. They truly drooled over the thing so I thought it would be interesting but I came away regretting that I payed money for the volume instead of reading it at a bookstore. It remains probably the most meh, milquetoast reading experience I've had since and was such a plummet from the podcast praise to what was actually on the page.

Man, I had to wrack my brain to even remember who Lexi Alexander was. Lady has never done anything of note and will go down in history as a could-have-been
Had to double take when I saw her name because I had confused her with Leigh Alexander. Thankfully it wasn't, Leigh. I couldn't imagine Leigh being that gross.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Directed the only good Punisher film. It made nothing so she was never allowed to make another film with anything resembling an official budget and major theatrical release

She's absolutely in the wrong in this situation of course

wait, that person I begrudgingly follow on Twitter directed Green Street Hooligans?

the fuck

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Wasn't this one of the insufferable cunts that started the Mary Sue thing with The Force Awakens? Makes you wonder...

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Oh wow. So not only is he a sexual harassing douche... But he's also an emotional and verbally abusive manipulative narc? Holy fuck, this dude is a sociopath.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
These are the kind of people that are so dangerous these days, not the macho bad boys but the sociopathic soft bois who seem charming and innocent at first until they've caught you in their trap and then they can do whatever. It seems intense from all the firsthand accounts shared.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
One of?

I would say he was the one who started it all.

Funny thing is, I remember him backing down on it when TLJ came out.
He didn't back down on it, he just said she wasn't written as a Mary Sue in TLJ because the character actually had flaws and internal challenges to overcome and wasn't basically perfect. Max is a bad person, but he was right about Rey in TFA. I wouldn't use the word Mary Sue because that is a dumb, nothing phrase, but Rey was a boring protagonist in the same way Ethan Hunt is in Mission Impossible.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

An article is being written about him as we speak. I think Max and his mommy would sacrifice anything to kill it just like they killed the THR story that was supposed to come out about him in 2017. According Ani, there at least 45 women he's hurt, abused, and humiliated. Sexually, or otherwise.

The thing I've found out in researching him, when it comes to hurting people, it isn't just about sex with Max. He'd be happy to beat you to a bloody pulp (I've heard so many rumours about him just straight up beating the absolute hell out of men and women), destroy your social life with a rumour, and end your career over tiny slights or just for fun. Yes he's done criminal shit to at least 45 women, but he's done totally legal be absolutely horrendous shit to countless other people, men and women alike. He just loves causing pain. The best theory according to someone who claims to have worked with his mom, is that he's a true sadist. Nothing makes him happier than putting someone down, enjoying power over them. He's apparently done things as bad as slipping drugs into people's drinks, not just to make it easier to sleep with them, but also just to see them get addicted to it. And the stuff he brags about doing is also creepy. Saying you're ugly, or you need to lose weight, or "speaking honestly" about how you'll never really achieve your dreams is a thrill for him. Looking into your eyes and seeing hope die is better for him than 1000 blow jobs. It's what he lives for, his only real calling in life.

Someone like Max... he's really a once in a generation type figure. People have theories for why he is like this. He struggled with mental health since childhood, his Dad and him have bad relationship, his Mom did nothing but protect and shield him from consequences his entire life, spoiling him rotten. He's been this way since at least HS according to Ani, and I've heard how he struggled at school and how his Dad's failure to get him into the best film schools broke something inside him at a young age. I don't know what it is in the end, but my theory will always be that he's a demon. An incubus, ripped from the bowels of hell to steal the life force of women and cause misery to humanity. Probably a more benign explanation out there, but this is the one I'm sticking with because it is genuinely fascinating how he's worse than even the worst version of him that any of us imagined.

EDIT: More evidence that something big is coming -

Last edited:

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is this the same Whitney Moore who was in Birdemic: Shock and Terror? It doesn't affect my opinion of the issue one way or another (Fuck Max Landis) but I'm curious.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
D89DjLTXkAAb6E6.jpg

Imagine having the balls to tweet this.
Is this the same Whitney Moore who was in Birdemic: Shock and Terror? It doesn't affect my opinion of the issue one way or another (Fuck Max Landis) but I'm curious.
Yes it is.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, it's very normal to describe finding out you caused people emotional distress and pain as "fascinating." That doesn't completely sound like he intended to use the information as a user's manual for future efforts.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The thing is, and obviously Max Landis is a shitstain and I hope these women somehow end up with the royalty checks for every crappy, but somehow popular thing he's ever done, I still don't get why they were drawn to him in the first place. Like, I've seen interviews and such with him - it just doesn't line up, that he'd get in the position to manipulate and fuck with these women in the first place, but I guess having any whisper of fame can't get you access to places and a very unfortunate benefit of the doubt. I don't mean this in a 'he was a nerd, so how could he charm women' way, but 'he didn't even seem like a charming enough nerd to be able to start to manipulate and terrorize folks in the first place.'

Again, this is not me blaming the women in any way and I totally believe what they're saying completely, it's just more like, how did he get in the position to start doing the fucked up things consistently in the first place, but if the answer is, 'he had a mildly famous Dad and that's it and if his name was Max Murphy, he'd be doing this to co-workers and neighbors in whatever city he was living in, all right. Extremely weird that's all it takes, but I guess that's life for you.

Foxtastical

Oct 27, 2017
The thing is, and obviously Max Landis is a shitstain and I hope these women somehow end up with the royalty checks for every crappy, but somehow popular thing he's ever done, I still don't get why they were drawn to him in the first place. Like, I've seen interviews and such with him - it just doesn't line up, that he'd get in the position to manipulate and fuck with these women in the first place, but I guess having any whisper of fame can't get you access to places and a very unfortunate benefit of the doubt. I don't mean this in a 'he was a nerd, so how could he charm women' way, but 'he didn't even seem like a charming enough nerd to be able to start to manipulate and terrorize folks in the first place.'

Again, this is not me blaming the women in any way and I totally believe what they're saying completely, it's just more like, how did he get in the position to start doing the fucked up things consistently in the first place, but if the answer is, 'he had a mildly famous Dad and that's it and if his name was Max Murphy, he'd be doing this to co-workers and neighbors in whatever city he was living in, all right. Extremely weird that's all it takes, but I guess that's life for you.
Power and money go a long way.

Oct 30, 2017

Sociopaths are incredibly persuasive and manipulative individuals. They observe, learn, and fine-tune prosocial behaviors but are completely apathetic to the eventual impact it will have on their victim(s). I have worked with numerous sociopaths and it is very easy to see how the average person--with no preconception of antisocial or sociopathic behavior--can be charmed, lured, and abused by these people.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

I was a fan of him for years. Like, not so much his films or TV shows ( some were fun, but he never really made a truly great piece of art), more into his persona. There's a weird appeal to the guy. Hard to describe it. He's just so passionate about films and storytelling, and can draw you into his world. His 'Wrestling Isn't Wrestling' video is a good example of this. The way he dissects art and pop culture and has these really specific, esoteric takes on stuff was very fun. His take down of Zack Snyder stayed with me because it was so damn spot on.

For women, he checks out all the superficial boxes. Tall, rich, white, and supremely confident. If you have those 4 things down, it is extremely easy to date women in LA. There's more to it though, he's also a master of psychological manipulation. He's good at using his fun "rascal" persona to lull you into believing there is depth to him. Ani's tweets put it best, everything "good" about him is a performance. When he's praising these women it feels like the best thing imaginable, but then he suddenly, and brutally tears you down and you have no idea what's going on. But that's part of it too, he makes you desperate for his approval, and instills fear and jealousy into you. He makes these women question their value and fixtures himself as the ultimate arbiter of that value.

He also does the "save me, I'm a poor sad rich kid with issues" routine. He's always working on himself, always tries to make amends. He makes YOU feel bad for not giving him a chance, not showing compassion. He's always changing, there's always a new story about why he is the way he is. Sometimes it's because he was bullied at school, or that his dad neglected him, or that some past friend or girlfriend betrayed him in some horrible way. It's all lies though. He has so many women and industry people vouching for him, people he's helped or promised to help, substantiating those lies, but they're still all lies though.

He's the perfect fantasy guy for so many LA girls. The rich bad boy that needs to be fixed. The cosmic joke is that in real life, guys like that are just abusive sadists out on the hunt.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
...so he "invited" himself to BOTW?

Like, how? Offer them a bunch of money (I would've taken it since this was pre-negative coverage of him), or, like, just blackmailed them?

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
He's the perfect fantasy guy for so many LA girls. The rich bad boy that needs to be fixed. The cosmic joke is that in real life, guys like that are just abusive sadists out on the hunt.

I mean, I totally get that in theory and part of this might be that I'm a cynical bastard, but even the 'rascal weird kid' persona he put out always seemed like a con to me, even before the allegations and just when people didn't like him because he was a Hollywood kid. That's probably my block - I never found him charming or appealing in the first place, and unlike other situations, it's difficult for me to even understand the appeal, when I usually can with folks.

Again, not blaming the women for falling for the con, but it just seemed weird to me, of the sociopaths and douchebags in LA (and I'm sure there are a ton of them) to get fucked with by, why him? The fact he is 6' 4" is actually news to me, so that probably did help make him seem different than the other weirdo rich dweebs these women were possibly surrounded by.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
His botw episode was weird, because iirc he invited himself.

I liked some of his stuff in the past, especially his interpretation of Dirk Gently.

He can go fuck himself though, I remember this stuff coming up a few years ago already - hopefully this time it'll stick and hopefully he won't be hired again.
wait, how did he invite himself

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I mean, I totally get that in theory and part of this might be that I'm a cynical bastard, but even the 'rascal weird kid' persona he put out always seemed like a con to me, even before the allegations and just when people didn't like him because he was a Hollywood kid. That's probably my block - I never found him charming or appealing in the first place, and unlike other situations, it's difficult for me to even understand the appeal, when I usually can with folks.

Again, not blaming the women for falling for the con, but it just seemed weird to me, of the sociopaths and douchebags in LA (and I'm sure there are a ton of them) to get fucked with by, why him? The fact he is 6' 4" is actually news to me, so that probably did help make him seem different than the other weirdo rich dweebs these women were possibly surrounded by.
I get the confusion, but also consider that he is basically Hollywood royalty and that any time a woman wanted "space" from him, he'd legitimately stalk them and never leave their space until they acquiesced and took him back.

I am not implying it's worse than the abuse or the sexual assault. I'm marveling at the fact that he'd be willing to create a justification for mass online harassment just to watch people suffer.
It makes sense when you realize beyond sex, beyond money or power, beyond even writing, Max's truest passion in life is to make people suffer. That's been his M.O. The only way his actions make any kind of sense is when you finally realize that for all this time, his highest priority has been to cause human suffering.

BillyD

Oct 28, 2017

I dont know specifics or anything but I'd assume it was after they ripped apart American Ultra and he got super fuckin defensive and wanted to come talk to them about the Hollywood process and how his movies being bad are not his fault at all. Then you can imagine a BotW appearance is pretty easily clinched by just being there.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
I dont know specifics or anything but I'd assume it was after they ripped apart American Ultra and he got super fuckin defensive and wanted to come talk to them about the Hollywood process and how his movies being bad are not his fault at all. Then you can imagine a BotW appearance is pretty easily clinched by just being there.

He was also promoting something at the time if I recall. It was like doing a late night interview, because late night has no interest in him.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Maybe I misremeber or a joke flew over my head, but didn't the guys allude that he just came onto them and bought a ticket for a flight?
Might have been in a follow up video but I'm pretty sure there was something there.

Yep, it was something like this I believe.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019

An article is being written about him as we speak. I think Max and his mommy would sacrifice anything to kill it just like they killed the THR story that was supposed to come out about him in 2017. According Ani, there at least 45 women he's hurt, abused, and humiliated. Sexually, or otherwise.

The thing I've found out in researching him, when it comes to hurting people, it isn't just about sex with Max. He'd be happy to beat you to a bloody pulp (I've heard so many rumours about him just straight up beating the absolute hell out of men and women), destroy your social life with a rumour, and end your career over tiny slights or just for fun. Yes he's done criminal shit to at least 45 women, but he's done totally legal be absolutely horrendous shit to countless other people, men and women alike. He just loves causing pain. The best theory according to someone who claims to have worked with his mom, is that he's a true sadist. Nothing makes him happier than putting someone down, enjoying power over them. He's apparently done things as bad as slipping drugs into people's drinks, not just to make it easier to sleep with them, but also just to see them get addicted to it. And the stuff he brags about doing is also creepy. Saying you're ugly, or you need to lose weight, or "speaking honestly" about how you'll never really achieve your dreams is a thrill for him. Looking into your eyes and seeing hope die is better for him than 1000 blow jobs. It's what he lives for, his only real calling in life.

Someone like Max... he's really a once in a generation type figure. People have theories for why he is like this. He struggled with mental health since childhood, his Dad and him have bad relationship, his Mom did nothing but protect and shield him from consequences his entire life, spoiling him rotten. He's been this way since at least HS according to Ani, and I've heard how he struggled at school and how his Dad's failure to get him into the best film schools broke something inside him at a young age. I don't know what it is in the end, but my theory will always be that he's a demon. An incubus, ripped from the bowels of hell to steal the life force of women and cause misery to humanity. Probably a more benign explanation out there, but this is the one I'm sticking with because it is genuinely fascinating how he's worse than even the worst version of him that any of us imagined.

EDIT: More evidence that something big is coming -

there is a lot in this post, hope the article actually comes out this time

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
he sounds like an actual sadist, a psychopath, someone vile and unable to actually feel empathy towards others.

Hope his victims can actually get some measure of justice here.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
one of the most frustrating things is that he would lord his power and his money over people and intimidate them into friendship, or into forgiveness.

He just sort of wears you down. He's that persistent. He sees something shiny and he wants it. He's like, I have to have it." She added, "He would systematically try to have sex with all the women I knew. We're not people to him."
Jesus christ, what fucking disgusting sociopath.

Edit:
He turned around and he put his hands around my throat and he got very close to my face and he said, 'I will fucking kill you. Do you understand what I'm saying? I will fucking kill you.'"
Oh god

Last edited:

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The whole article is absolutely monstrous. He's even worse than most people thought.
Finished reading now, that fucker is truly a goddamn monster. The fact that he has (had?) at least two ''comeback movie'' lined up really sickens me. Hopefully with this he is completely done, maybe they can prosecute him too.

Seriously feeling awful after reading it, jesus.

Last edited:

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That article is a lot. Hopefully this is the nail in the coffin for his career because it's way worse than I thought it would be from the accusations over the years. Too bad that Hollywood Reporter article never came out and did all this sooner.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
"The first incident that I can remember, we were at some public event and I think I laughed at something and he just started choking me to the point where my eyes were blacking out," Manning told The Daily Beast.
This has got to be the end of him for real this time.

Its just too insane and theres too much of it. Man is a certified monster with this much smoke.