• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
4 hours left to make and edit predictions.

September looks to be a massive month for software barring any delays.

Spider-Man [5 weeks]
NBA 2K19 [4 weeks]
Shadow of the Tomb Raider [4 weeks]
FIFA 19 [2 weeks]
Assassin's Creed Odyssey [1 week]
Forza Horizon 4 [1 week]

My early predictions on their relative rankings.

1. NBA 2K19
2. Spider-Man
3. Assassin's Creed Odyssey
4. Shadow of the Tomb Raider
5. FIFA 19
6. Forza Horizon 4

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017

Spider-Man [5 weeks]
NBA 2K19 [4 weeks]
FIFA 19 [2 weeks]
Forza Horizon 4 [1 week]

1. NBA 2K19
2. Spider-Man
5. FIFA 19
6. Forza Horizon 4
Isn't Destiny 2's Expansion releasing in September?

WillySJ3

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Spider-Man [5 weeks]
NBA 2K19 [4 weeks]
FIFA 19 [2 weeks]
Forza Horizon 4 [1 week]

1. NBA 2K19
2. Spider-Man
5. FIFA 19
6. Forza Horizon 4
DQXI will be #1...

...In our hearts, that's what matters the most.

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy

Spider-Man [5 weeks]
NBA 2K19 [4 weeks]
FIFA 19 [2 weeks]
Forza Horizon 4 [1 week]

1. NBA 2K19
2. Spider-Man
5. FIFA 19
6. Forza Horizon 4

I think Madden will be TOP 5 in his second month. Other than that pretty much agree with your list.

slavesnyder

Oct 26, 2017
SlaveSnyder Media Corp.
It was a mercylessly uninspiring off season, far too long and desolate for everyone who was taking an interest in the north american video games market. And while sitting there, all alone and already half frozen from boredom, the little analyst girl lit a match to warm herself. To her surprise, she saw a bearded man fighting trolls and selling consoles though being an exclusive, in the bright flame of the match. Suddenly she felt alive and there was hope and beauty and stuff to shitpost about. But it all vanished when the flame went out.

The little analyst girl quickly lit another match and saw the vision of a huge gaming conference with all kinds of miraculous new games, monetisation models and heads of business units who spoke softly to her through the flames, telling her they loved her the most. By then the girl realized that she would lose the vision of this prodigious self-congratulation congress with prescripted trailers and blatant marketing speak when the match would go out. But she wanted to stay there so much that she quickly lit all the rest of the matches to make sure the light stayed on. In the bright flame of the matches the gaming future looked more beautiful than ever before, even a new generation of wonderful all-in-one-entertainment-machines was possible.

When pre season finally came to an end, at the dawn of a new NPD thread, people discovered that the girl had been bored to death, still holding the burned out matches in her hand.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2785

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Friendly reminder that the release is Tuesday, including Physical and Digital. Will have new video along with all the usual stuff.

Also, I wrote a thing about my takeaways from E3, if you're into that kind of thing.

slavesnyder

Oct 26, 2017
SlaveSnyder Media Corp.
Friendly reminder that the release is Tuesday, including Physical and Digital. Will have new video along with all the usual stuff.

Also, I wrote a thing about my takeaways from E3, if you're into that kind of thing.

"As I look at the road ahead and its multiple forks, it's becoming evident that the industry is prepared to go down all of them."

you can delete the last three words.
(Nice text.)

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017
no_leaks.jpg

I want leaks also

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"As I look at the road ahead and its multiple forks, it's becoming evident that the industry is prepared to go down all of them."

you can delete the last three words.
(Nice text.)
"When Era saw the long summer coming, they saw a summer bleak and AAA-less and bereft of games high on Metacritic. Yet we know that summer is just another step in the cycle of game releases. But standing here among the people of Era and basking in the warmth of their monitors and power adapters, I couldn't imagine a better fate than a long and bright summer, sharing a cup of coffee with slavesnyder."

slavesnyder

Oct 26, 2017
SlaveSnyder Media Corp.
you know they are a public trade company and so one they can not lie about how product do of if they meet ends, right?
i never said they are lying. execs constantly say they are pleased with the performance, meet targets, break records or have world market leadership. everyone's a winner, an expert, a conqueror, a stallion. it's normal. they can't resist doing that.

if labo's performance really is what they had been wishing for they gave it up from the start. or they were modest. or just wanted to create a little strange thing and watch if it will fly or not. it did not. be honest. it hasn't sold out in retail and digital added nada (old joke, still fitting).
and if people now say "just you wait, it's a christmas product" - why did they even release it now and let the amazenew effect evaporate. until the holidays, labo will feel old and greasy and retailers will get pimples if nintendo wants to shovel in even more boxed boxes onto their shelves.
it might be no coincidence that most christmas movies come out around christmas. i just checked it on imdb. there seems to be a pattern.