• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the info magicpork .
Everyone seem to had a okay May hardware wise .
Hope we get some numbers for software later on .

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
so

[PS4] 221k
[NSW] 166k
[XB1] 144k

Dad of Boy is having good legs in USA, actually surprise HW made it to the list. even after a 33% increase YoY , Xbone still places 3rd, I hope they get thier game together for next gen

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
As usual, just going to share a few numbers

The relative sales volumes of game hardware were approximately:

YoY

On the software side the best sellers were:
Thanks MatP ;)

so

[PS4] 221k
[NSW] 166k
[XB1] 144k

Dad of Boy is having good legs in USA, actually surprise HW made it to the list. even after a 33% increase YoY , Xbone still places 3rd, I hope they get thier game together for next gen
Nintendo ain't on that 20 million shipped pace though?

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Thanks MatP ;)

Nintendo ain't on that 20 million shipped pace though?
NA? Nah, Japan they are going up so maybe, if you are gonna try to guess their 20M mark from 1 region 2 months you will need some mad skill there.

My money still on they will reach it, FY Q1 will be above FY Q1 last year world wide

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
NA? Nah, Japan they are going up so maybe, if you are gonna try to guess their 20M mark from 1 region 2 months you will need some mad skill there
What about ZhugeEx saying that sell-through numbers have lower than expected. Surely some with access to NPD, GFK, MediaCritic and who work for Niko Partners has better insight than most?

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
For Switch so far the trend for this quarter seems similar in Japan and US: sensible drop in April, similar/slightly better in May. June in Japan is a huge improvement YoY, let's see in a month if it's true for the US too.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
What about ZhugeEx saying that sell-through numbers have lower than expected
expected for emselves, going by release dates Nintendo is gearing up all bets on late Q2, Q3 Holiday and however much of that can carry on Q4 early 2018.
June seems more promising this year than last in games offering and holiday puts lasts year on shame
275508f7f5.png

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NA? Nah, Japan they are going up so maybe, if you are gonna try to guess their 20M mark from 1 region 2 months you will need some mad skill there.

My money still on they will reach it, FY Q1 will be above FY Q1 last year world wide
Will it? I wonder how it will fair when last year had ARMS and Splatoon 2 to fill out those months. And the increase doesn't seem as if it's that much, so they're going to need a much bigger push if they plan to not just meet but surpass last year's sales.

EDIT: Forgot Splatoon was July which would be Q2.

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
Everything about what expect... and then there is 3DS, up YOY by 17%. Like damn. Numbers aren't really big (67K) but still impressive.

Thanks as always Pork!

freeradical

Oct 27, 2017
So XB1 continues its YOY growth without any major exclusive software being released. Wouldnt have thought a 1 week $50 price cut would increase hardware sales by that amount, but what do I know.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Think Nintendo is probably going to have to revise that 20 million forecast down a bit unless they are willing to price drop this year.

XBox One X I think is showing MS why they must have the better hardware versus Sony, it's given the platform a second wind in the US for sure.

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
By the way, i think is interesting how PS4 is up YOY by a good margin in the US and even in Japan, while is down worldwide. Usually is the opposite, but i guess at this point of his life is hard be up YOY in places where it already sold a lot.

jeromeSF

Nov 2, 2017
By the way, i think is interesting how PS4 is up YOY by a good margin in the US and even in Japan, while is down worldwide. Usually is the opposite, but i guess at this point of his life is hard be up YOY in places where it already sold a lot.

How do you know it is down worldwide ? I guess your are speaking about the Q1 numbers from Sony earnings, but it is shipped not sold.

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
Source? I thought we got concrete sales numbers only in like 2-3 markets.

How do you know it is down worldwide ? I guess your are speaking about the Q1 numbers from Sony earnings, but it is shipped not sold.

Have you got YoY WW numbers? Or a link pls.

PS4 sold 7 million units from January to half of June 2017.

By the end of 2017, PS4 was at 73.6 million sold, and Sony has not annunced that PS4 reached 80 million yet. They never missed a 10 million milestone, and i highly doubt they'll miss this one.
Because of that, PS4 has sold less than 6.4 million in 2018.

Now, it could be possible if they delayed the announcement for the E3, like they did last year, but E3 is over so if they didn't annunced it already, my guess is that PS4 is still under 80 million.

I think it's really close to that tho and is really a matter of days until Sony annunce it.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
PS4 sold 7 million units from January to half of June 2017.

By the end of 2017, PS4 was at 73.6 million sold, and Sony has not annunced that PS4 reached 80 million yet. They never missed a 10 million milestone, and i highly doubt they'll miss this one.
Because of that, PS4 has sold less than 6.4 million in 2018.

Now, it could be possible if they delayed the announcement for the E3, like they did last year, but E3 is over so if they didn't annunced it already, my guess is that PS4 is still under 80 million.

I think it's really close to that tho and is really a matter of days until Sony annunce it.
im sure they said 79M last week on the statement about Fortenite Account locking debacle

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3 is basically a lock to happen now. That is selling way too well for a port. Have fun Retro.

Fdkn

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Sony announces whatever numbers they want to announce when they feel like it. You can't assume hard data from the lack of PR