• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which is the best of the original trilogy?

• Episode IV: A New Hope

• Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

• Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

• Thor: The Dark World

Results are only viewable after voting.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
  • Favourite Star Wars film?
    Might've been one of the original trilogy, but I was just so happy to genuinely enjoy The Last Jedi, as this came as a positive surprise after seeing it get a bunch of hate and shit. It's just a great feeling when you half expect to dislike something and instead it's just fun, creative, fantastic good times. I like liking things.

• Favourite Star Wars character?
    C-3PO. I love him.

• Favourite Star Wars vehicle?
    Star Destroyers for the feel of one drifting into frame forever. Landspeeders for the kinetic intensity. TIE Fighters for their unusual design and sound. AT-ATs for being big elephants. It seems most of the vehicles in Star Wars may be my favorite. Good job to those who conjured them up.

• What colour lightsaber would you have?
    Orange. Seems uncommon, and I like orange.

• What's the best Star Wars game?
    Haven't played it in ages and don't know how it holds up, but Knights of the Old Republic. Was my first Bioware RPG and I liked its shtick and continue to.
Bonus:
  • What's a piece of non-film Star Wars media you think someone should check out?
    Don't tend to really seek out expanded universe types of things, but The Mandalorian is quite alright.

aspenadora

Apr 21, 2022
Favourite Star Wars film?
The Empire Strikes Back/The Last Jedi

Favourite Star Wars character?
Rey

Favourite Star Wars vehicle?
Generically, the Millennium Falcon

What colour lightsaber would you have?
Yellow

What's the best Star Wars game?
Liked KotOR and Fallen Order, but have to admit I played an awful lot of Battlefront 2, and it was just fun.

What's a piece of non-film Star Wars media you think someone should check out?
Highly recommend the Darth Vader comics, and Fallen Order. Fallen Order was better than I thought it would be and the Vader comics are like the Rogue One hallway scene but for an entire series.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
May the 4th be with you, all!

c4f17879094617f094107f3a83838d3e.gif

- Favourite Star Wars film?
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of The Sith

- Favourite Star Wars character?
Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader

- Favourite Star Wars vehicle?
TIE Silencer

- What colour lightsaber would you have?
Red

- What's the best Star Wars game?
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

Gold Rush

Nov 29, 2017
Favorite Star Wars Film?
- Empire Strikes Back is probably the best film in the series but my personal favorite is Return of the Jedi (the yub-nub cut).

Favorite Star Wars Character?
- Luke Skywalker

Favorite Star Wars vehicle?
- A-wing

What color lightsaber would you have?
- Gold!

- X-Wing vs TIE Fighter. Probably the most fun I've had playing a Star Wars themed video game came from this series.

Bonus entries:

Best Star Wars board game?
- Imperial Assault. Great little tactical game that has the option of being fully coop with the app. Overpriced and no longer getting expansions, but I love it.

Best Star Wars Tabletop RPG?
- Edge of the Empire. Once you get past the weird dice, it's a lot of fun. Only wish that the ship combat rules were a little better.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Favourite Star Wars film? The Phantom Menace
Favourite Star Wars character? Luke
Favourite Star Wars vehicle? N-1 Starfighter / Podracer
What colour lightsaber would you have? Green
What's the best Star Wars game? Fallen Order

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Favorite Star Wars film? - A New Hope. I saw it at the drive in as a child and it was burnt into my brain.

Favorite Star Wars character? - I don't really have one

Favorite Star Wars vehicle? - speeder bike

What color lightsaber would you have? - orange

What's the best Star Wars game? - I liked their RTS style game, Galactic Battlegrounds or Xwing vs Tie Fighter from back in the day. I don't really seek out SW games but I don't avoid them either.

What's a piece of non-film Star Wars media you think someone should check out? - The Star Wars Board game Xwing vs Tie Fighter

I have fallen out of love with SW since my childhood days. I was there since the start and was probably a top tier fan of the original trilogy like a typical 80's kid. I think I find the "potential" of SW compelling but the execution has been lacking for the most part, which is a turn off and hard to be excited about. I will almost always check out most anything SW related out of curiosity, but it doesn't need to be Day 1 or anything like that.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A New Hope.

Obi-Wan
Between the X-Wing and the Naboo Starfighter, it's a... tie.
Green
I love KotOR 2 but the discovery of the first one is one of my best gaming memories. Truly amazing.

Bonus:

• What's a piece of non-film Star Wars media you think someone should check out?
I'm gonna go with something recent and suggest the first book of the High Republic era, Light of the Jedi. I didn't expect anything of it and it delivered something fresh and unique in the SW universe imo.

And bonus 2:

Jul 1, 2020
Now, some questions!
  • Favourite Star Wars film? Rogue One
  • Favourite Star Wars character? Jyn Erso
  • Favourite Star Wars vehicle? B-Wing
  • What colour lightsaber would you have? Yellow
  • What's the best Star Wars game? I've played so many. I'd say Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader, Star Wars Squadrons in VR with a HOTAS (playing Rebellion), or Dark Forces
Bonus:
  • What's a piece of non-film Star Wars media you think someone should check out? Shadows of the Empire on N64 so it plays at the correct speed.

Feb 24, 2018
General Grievous: "CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE! IT'S TIME FOR CAKE!"

Dooku: "I'm sorry but you cannot have cake."

Grievous: "Whaaaaaaaaaaaat *coughs* why not!?"

Dooku: "Because you don't have no mouth."

Grievous: NOOOOO *cough* OOOOoooo!!!

Dooku: Yes, quite a... grievous problem for you 👿

Grievous:
star-wars-wut.gif

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Empire and Last Jedi.

Princess Leia and Darth Maul.

Unsure, I think most of them are neat.

Purple!

Fallen Order. Just an incredible game, and just so beautiful to look at as well as fun to play.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Best Star Wars Tabletop RPG?
- Edge of the Empire. Once you get past the weird dice, it's a lot of fun. Only wish that the ship combat rules were a little better.
I got a bunch of materials and books for this game but I haven't had the chance to play it yet. I should find an actual play video to watch so I can see how the dice system works because I gotta know it well so I can teach it to my friends. We all get the D20 DnD system but this is a little different.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
A New Hope
Luke Skywalker
X-Wing
blue lightsaber
One of those snes games

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Newnan, GA
  • Favorite Star Wars film?
    • Rogue One
  • Favorite Star Wars character?
    • Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Favorite Star Wars vehicle?
    • Anakin's Podracer
  • What color lightsaber would you have?
    • Orange
    • KOTOR 2, because I'm in it :P

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Favorite Star Wars film?
Return of the Jedi

Luke, which is why ROTJ is my favorite.

Give me an X-Wing

Green

KOTOR, yeah the standard choice but it was also my first BioWare game so it opened my eyes to that kind of WRPG.

LordZap

Oct 27, 2017
  • Favorite Star Wars film?
    • Empire Strikes Back
  • Favorite Star Wars character?
    • Ahsoka
  • Favorite Star Wars vehicle?
    • Naboo Starfighter
  • What color lightsaber would you have?
    • Red
    • Battlefront 2 (Original)

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching Rebels atm and it's so 🐶 💩
Like there's 1 or 2 cool episodes then hours of the most useless filler junk.

Sometimes they don't even have chopper

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
  • Favourite Star Wars film? - I think Empire is the best made, but I think The Last Jedi is my personal favorite
  • Favourite Star Wars character? - Kreia
  • Favourite Star Wars vehicle? - The vehicle spaceship stuff has never been the most interesting part of the lore, but I'll give it to the Ebon Hawk
  • What colour lightsaber would you have? - Red, not because I'm evil, but because I'm an edgelord who likes the evil aesthetic while secretly being a softie simp.
  • What's the best Star Wars game? - The KotOR duology, which is cheating because its two games, but they each make the other better, so fuck it. Also, the Jedi Knight series is very close behind.
If you couldn't tell, I actually prefer the Star Wars games to most of the movies, lol. There any rumblings of game trailers today?

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Happy May 4th!

• Favorite Star Wars film? Episode III revenge of the Sith
  • Favourite Star Wars character? Obi Wan
  • Favourite Star Wars vehicle? Millennium falcon
  • What colour lightsaber would you have? Green
  • What's the best Star Wars game? I haven't played much at all but out of all the ones I played the racer from n64
Bonus:
  • What's a piece of non-film Star Wars media you think someone should check out? Clone wars for sure

Sidebuster

Oct 26, 2017
California
    • Episode IV (But really the franchise as a whole including the cartoons, comics, some games, etc* *Except the sequel trilogy)
    • Lando Calrissian as a kid, Ahsoka Tano as an adult
    • Imperial 74-Z speeder bike
    • Green
    • Star Wars Galaxies (Fallen order is best in cannon game)
Bonus:

I bought a year of Marvel Unlimited to catch up on the Disney era in-cannon Star Wars comics and they haven't disappointed so far. Even the Vader comics are really good. Having said that I treat the cartoons as a part of the films and realized they don't count, so probably Clone Wars and Rebels, then the comics.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
  • Favourite Star Wars film? Return of the Jedi
  • Favourite Star Wars character? Luke
  • Favourite Star Wars vehicle? Tie Fighter
  • What colour lightsaber would you have? Blue
  • What's the best Star Wars game? Jedi Power Battles

Nov 23, 2017
Now, some questions!
  • Favourite Star Wars film? Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
  • Favourite Star Wars character? Darth Vader
  • Favourite Star Wars vehicle? Star destroyer
  • What colour lightsaber would you have? Pink but if I could only choose the current canon colors then purple
  • What's the best Star Wars game? Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Bonus:
  • What's a piece of non-film Star Wars media you think someone should check out? The Rise of the Resistance ride at Galaxy's Edge via Disney World in Orlando, Florida. Such a surreal experience. It felt like I was part of the universe for a bit.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm... probably either Revenge of the Sith or Rogue One. I don't know, I don't spend much time thinking about a favorite movie. However, I can easily say AOTC is the worst.

Darth Bane.

Any Star Destroyer. Imperial, Venator, Super... they're all awesome.

Assuming light side, green. My two favorite Jedi have that color.

Another tough one. It's between Galactic Battlegrounds, KOTOR, the original Battlefront 2, and LEGO Skywalker Saga.

The three Darth Vader series from Marvel. Fantastic stuff.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
    • Star Wars Galaxies (Fallen order is best in cannon game)
I missed the boat on og Star Wars Galaxies. I was too young to convince my parents to let me play online like that and convince them that it was something you're supposed to subscribe to. Once again I'll say that I believe a Star Wars Galaxies Classic, like WoW Classic, would be so hype.

Oct 29, 2017
Favorite Star Wars film?
Empire Strikes Back

Obi Wan

Speeders

Grey, or white, whatever Ashoka's are now

Revenge of the Sith

Sidebuster

Oct 26, 2017
California
I missed the boat on og Star Wars Galaxies. I was too young to convince my parents to let me play online like that and convince them that it was something you're supposed to subscribe to. Once again I'll say that I believe a Star Wars Galaxies Classic, like WoW Classic, would be so hype.

You straight up lived in Star Wars post The Empire Strikes Back. There was nothing like it then and since. They should really reconsider a modern version though they'd probably screw it up with the game design decisions that get made these days.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
You straight up lived in Star Wars post The Empire Strikes Back. There was nothing like it then and since. They should really reconsider a modern version though they'd probably screw it up with the game design decisions that get made these days.

The WoW Classic route is pretty proven at least for that game. Things released at a different pace and players, working with modern knowledge, were able to play at a much higher level, but world itself and the systems were pretty much the same with some minor changes. It definitely re-captured the joy of OG WoW again and I think they could do something similar with Galaxies. Though I don't know who like owns the source code or who would host it. Modern MMO design should stay far away from it.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching Rebels atm and it's so 🐶 💩
Like there's 1 or 2 cool episodes then hours of the most useless filler junk.

Sometimes they don't even have chopper

Unfortunately its not until like season 3 that it becomes consistently good. Season 2 is much better than season 1, but even that one struggles.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Empire.

Luke.

TIE Fighter

The mood ring of lightsabers.

TIE Fighter Collector's CD

Bonus:
Zorba the Hutt's Revenge

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Empire Strikes Back (closely followed by Rogue One)

Han Solo (or Kyle Katarn if we're talking Legends)

TIE Interceptor

Orange

Jedi Knight 2

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
May the 4th be with you too Kyuuji

• Rogue One
    • Rey Skywalker
    • Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle
    • yellow
    • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I just bought an R2-D2 themed Instant Pot cause it was on sale, thanks Star Wars day.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Fell off Star Wars a bit but still love the original trilogy. As a kid I was obsessed, particularly with Empire. Feel like I would watch it on a weekly basis for a while there when I was like 8.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
The ST confirmed to made me lose most of my interest in SW as DIsney sees it. Luckily, I still have a whole bunch of my EU books I got back in the day. I can still enjoy those.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
I will continue loving this universe in one way or another. <3 I had a lot of fun reading Star Wars books to kids at my job earlier today.

Also, as far as the non-film Star Wars media goes, I absolutely recommend Star Wars Visions. Just a lot of fun ideas that go places, and by damn, Ninth Jedi could be a really cool show of it's own.