• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure Punk can put up a legit fight irl better than 2/3 of the entire WWE locker room much less their poster boy who makes googly eyes when he's busted open.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
beingtheelite1014.png

54e4f2ab01a4f3c9ffcfcd6ed2feef30.jpg

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
OH FUCK

what if they run Bury The Bear vs. Bernard The Business Bear at All In

Dream match

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's so small. Anyone bigger just manhandles him.

Anyone smaller or more athletic gets inside and lays him out.

The World Series of Shoots
Jack Gallagher vs. CM Punk
Bobby Lashley vs. CM Punk
Chad Gable vs. CM Punk
Jason Jordan vs. CM Punk
Rezar vs. CM Punk
Akam vs. CM Punk

And that's just the Raw roster.

SmackDown Live's World Series of Shoots
Sin Cara vs. CM Punk
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. CM Punk

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

lmao Ospreay points out the empty seats for the big OTT show and says he can make the OTT World Championship (no limits whatever) an actual World Championship as well as actually drawing. Man can talk when he's not trying to rupture his vocal chords.

And of course the whole not going to the WWE thing, want to blaze my own trail, idolizes Kenny stuff.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
wait

nakamura and aj had a match after the last one had a fuck finish, to decide on a stip on their next match to prevent it from having a fuck finish

and in doing so, had a match with a clean finish

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I can't believe Will Ospreay managed to pull off a worked shoot without it appearing obnoxious or tryhard. Truly a banner day in this great sport.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ospreay and Ricochet both cutting decent promos in the span of a week?

Truly we are living in the end times

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is no way Bryan could ever be a true heel. Especially after coming back after a legitimate retirement. His run prior to his injury and the subsequent end of his career has made him untouchable in terms of being a face. He can work a heel, but nobody will ever truly "hate" him. Booking him as a cowardly heel wouldn't work, and I doubt Bryan would want that at this stage in his career, as I'm sure he'd like to work matches. You can make him a killer heel, but you'd have to figure out something to really get folks to turn on him. I think Bryan likes to have fun, and I really think he loves wrestling, and he cherishes it too much to waste any time being a coward character that cuts back on his in-ring stuff.

You ideally would have him kill shit like Rousev day. Kill New Day. Kill anything that fans really love-- but even then, Bryan is genuinely more beloved than those things. Which is what happens when fans are forced to weigh things against one another like that. Bryan would have to destroy something that people adore more than him, and in current WWE? There really isn't anything he could do, unless he turned on his kid, and even then he'd get cheered. He's literally that Angle promo where he talks about how everyone will love him no matter what, he dislikes "The Black People" and he would go back in time to make Jesus tap out.

That being said, heel Bryan is fuckin' great. What a douchebag lol

bURML.gif

SNVl1.gif

Heel Bryan is also responsible for somehow making a feud with Big Show and Mark Henry (at the same time) entertaining. Which is fucking insane.

You would need someone like AJ Lee to help Bryan get there.
wXywb.gif

untitled-4145yem.gif

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Tonight's NXT

- Kona Reeves vs. Raul Mendoza

- Lacey Evans vs. a jobber

- Ricochet vs. Velveteen Dream

- Undisputed Era vs. Oney Lorcan, Danny Burch, and Pete Dunne

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How reliable is PWInsider? According to them, Rollins may be challenging THE BROCK BEAST INCARNATE LESNAR sometime this summer.

So, maybe Summerslam main event? Whatever the case, it looks like Brock is holding this belt for a good while yet

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017

lmao Ospreay points out the empty seats for the big OTT show and says he can make the OTT World Championship (no limits whatever) an actual World Championship as well as actually drawing. Man can talk when he's not trying to rupture his vocal chords.

And of course the whole not going to the WWE thing, want to blaze my own trail, idolizes Kenny stuff.

The Havoc promo on day 3 of Strong Style was goooood. All hail my problematic ace

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
How reliable is PWInsider? According to them, Rollins may be challenging THE BROCK BEAST INCARNATE LESNAR sometime this summer.

So, maybe Summerslam main event? Whatever the case, it looks like Brock is holding this belt for a long time yet.

Saving the rematch with Roman til Mania next year???

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Ospreay and Ricochet both cutting decent promos in the span of a week?

Truly we are living in the end times

I still shudder at the thought of them reprising their feud in the WWE. I can't see a world where the promos for that aren't hideous.

He was in a really happy mood this past weekend.

Ospreay, for all his faults, always comes off as a very happy-go-lucky guy no matter the circumstance.

Oct 26, 2017
there's a reason why there's weight classes, even if the skill level may not be the same

I would highly recommend the UFC "David vs Goliath" where each matchup had a weight discrepancy of over 50 lbs in the tournament, loved it. Very fun event.

When you wrote "small", "bigger", I confused it for height. My bad. All things being equal, esp weight, someone who is taller does not have an inherent advantage over someone shorter than him which is where I was coming from in my last response to you. Weight matters, yes.

Still, the real target of my statement was around the roster. Serene mentioned Punk's flimsy punches as if such clumsiness would be exclusive to Punk when almost the entire Roster look like they've never been in a fight in their lives.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I kind of wish they actually get this Rollins match out of the way at Extreme Rules. Just speed this whole process up. Raw is stuck in straight filler hell right now. Such a departure from last year where the show was legit solid from Mania until December.

There's no big feud like Reigns vs. Braun this year.

It's just Reigns wasting time. Strowman wasting time. Owens wasting time. Balor wasting time.

Rollins finished a feud with Balor on TV with no PPV matches, and he's got nothing to do now. If this Brock report is true, he may also be wasting time until that feud begins.

Lashley is finally entering a feud with Sami, but it's baby steps with him anyway.

Like nothing is happening. I bet even Ambrose will return and waste time somehow.

Oct 25, 2017
When you wrote "small", "bigger", I confused it for height. My bad. All things being equal, esp weight, someone who is taller does not have an inherent advantage over someone shorter than him which is where I was coming from in my last response to you. Weight matters, yes.

Still, the real target of my statement was around the roster. Serene mentioned Punk's flimsy punches as if such clumsiness would be exclusive to Punk when almost the entire Roster look like they've never been in a fight in their lives.
Let's imagine Punk vs the densest human being in WWE

Rhyno

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That is a solid solid lineup so far. Shame the first round won't make tape.

Yeah, half the lineup is gonna be gone after the Download shows.

I do wonder if they are even gonna air the Albert Hall shows live. They did for the first UK Tournament shows, but they haven't said anything in that direction. So they might just tape it and air it week by week.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, half the lineup is gonna be gone after the Download shows.

I do wonder if they are even gonna air the Albert Hall shows live. They did for the first UK Tournament shows, but they haven't said anything in that direction. So they might just tape it and air it week by week.
It has to be live right? I mean I wouldn't put it past WWE to half arse something

miserable

Oct 27, 2017

So, maybe Summerslam main event? Whatever the case, it looks like Brock is holding this belt for a good while yet
Ah, I see the plans now: first it's Rollins, next Ambrose comes back and challenges Brock. Then after having destroyed 2/3 of the Shield, there is only one man, I mean dog who can make things right and avenge his fallen brothers by vanquishing the beast.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, I see the plans now: first it's Rollins, next Ambrose comes back and challenges Brock. Then after having destroyed 2/3 of the Shield, there is only one man, I mean dog who can make things right and avenge his fallen brothers by vanquishing the beast.
Ambrose ain't facing Lesnar.

He's turning heel, more than likely on Rollins since that was the plan for Mania.

Status
Not open for further replies.