• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Sky is paid and in far less households in the UK than the free ITV. When AEW announces the ITV deal is for more than just Double Or Nothing, they'll officially have a significantly better TV deal than WWE there

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how all these deals work out. Exciting times. I hope they get a good deal here, preferably on free to air.

Haven't watched it yet but DASH was diagnosed with concussion after the match.

Yeah, that would be it, fuck man. She seemed out of it.

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Both Ishimori/Dragon Lee matches....
EVIL/Ishii...
SHO/Shingo...
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Very excited about AEW. Hopefully they hit the ground sprinting.

Oct 25, 2017
Kabuki Warriors was not Vince's idea

It's Asuka's

So call her racist and stupid

Apparently they wanted Kabuki Girls first but were pushed to Warriors.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
I hate to get sappy but my grandfather got me into wrestling with WCW. Miss you, pawpaw. Somewhere he's as hype as I am about this.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know. I have no idea.

All I know is that I'd like to know how many american dollars I need to spend so I can make a decision on watching this live or not.
I'm assuming we'll finally find out what they want to set the price at for DON themselves today since I would guess you can set that on BR live.

Some subs on there for as low as 7.99.

Slightconfuse

Oct 25, 2017
What if AEW worked with all Japan instead

160212_ajpw_pict38.JPG

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love NJPW, despite the last year being whatever. But outside of Japan they need AEW more than AEW needs them.
They need both. Like aew has like a weak roster because you have a few top guys right and a couple of good tag teams but then everyone else is just meh. With New Japan they fix a lot of that really fast. I would want a okada on TV occasionally to set up a big match for my top star. Or have the golden lovers come in for a pay-per-view or something like that.

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
They need both. Like aew has like a weak roster because you have a few top guys right and a couple of good tag teams but then everyone else is just meh. With New Japan they fix a lot of that really fast. I would want a okada on TV occasionally to set up a big match for my top star. Or have the golden lovers come in for a pay-per-view or something like that.

I'm not sure. They just secured a major TV deal with TNT. New Japan drew like 2,500 to Dallas for a G1 show while selling out shows in the US when these guys were involved?

There always needs to be a top of the card, mid-card, under-card and people moving from one spot to another. I think everything is fine for now but how they expand in the future will be more important.

Don't get me wrong, I would like for NJPW to work with them, a lot. I just think AEW is more important to NJPW expansion in the US than AEW needing NJPW, for now.

So AAA does not exist?

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure. They just secured a major TV deal with TNT. New Japan drew like 2,500 to Dallas for a G1 show while selling out shows in the US when these guys were involved?

There always needs to be a top of the card, mid-card, under-card and people moving from one spot to another. I think everything is fine for now but how they expand in the future will be more important.

Don't get me wrong, I would like for NJPW to work with them, a lot. I just think AEW is more important to NJPW expansion in the US than AEW needing NJPW, for now.
well they got that deal because they sold out those two shows was was impressive but running a TV show weekly with the talent they have is going to be very hard especially in today's wrestling market. if it was like two or three years ago I would say they really don't need a new Japan to give them a good guys but nowadays is different. I mean look at Kenny Omega who does he work against because look at that roster there's only one man who has the talent of a Kenny Omega or comes near it and that pac . What New Japan offers aew is the best wrestlers in the world.

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
well they got that deal because they sold out those two shows was was impressive but running a TV show weekly with the talent they have is going to be very hard especially in today's wrestling market. if it was like two or three years ago I would say they really don't need a new Japan to give them a good guys but nowadays is different. I mean look at Kenny Omega who does he work against because look at that roster there's only one man who has the talent of a Kenny Omega or comes near it and that pac . What New Japan offers aew is the best wrestlers in the world.

I know what you mean but they are already working with promotions like DDT and AAA. It might take more effort promoting these partnerships but Omega vs Sasaki or Omega vs MAO or whatever will be amazing and doing a weekly show they can't give away crazy matches every week especially since they seem to be running with a more traditional PPV system than a monthly sub.

I guess we will see, but I really am not worried for them at all and frankly more excited to see them interact with DDT and AAA. I have next to no experience with lucha so hey, AEW might end up being a gateway for me to finally get into it too.

Also #stronghearts too. Honestly it looks like AEW is working with more 'unknowns' (outside of AAA) to build everything up. This is a good thing!

Odd statement to make, no, they're still around. Why, did something happen? I know they're eternally cursed here and there.
I assume he's referencing the whole roadblock of CMLL (partnered with NJPW) and AAA (partnered with AEW) being at odds.
More like AEW already has a partnership with AAA so saying they have rosters problems is ignoring them completely.

Not even talking stars just using them for the midroster, they can fill men and women.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

The typical he says the right thing

"It's indefensible"
Then talks for so long in stream of consciousness that he comes off as defending it or at least downplaying it.

Called Sullivan an internet troll, said on some level it seemed unfair to fine him, etc... Said moral of the story if you mean it or don't or anywhere in between don't be a troll on Twitter. Even got in some stuff about the Elgin situation lol.

It's classic in as much as in good faith you know what Dave is trying to say he comes off completely wrong.

It's the classic Dave stop talking situation

He did also day he doesn'think there's anything wrong with minorities in the locker room not trusting or wanting to be around Sullivan so that's good at least lol

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really reading much into the AEW/DDT relationship. It feels more like DDT is doing Kenny a solid by letting them use Ayayayayayay.

It could always change in an instant, but the only thing they've made a big deal about when it comes to partnerships is AAA.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh boy did Meltzer ever Meltzer the Sullivan story on his podcast lol
oh no...
The typical he says the right thing

"It's indefensible"
Then talks for so long in stream of consciousness that he comes off as defending it or at least downplaying it.

Called Sullivan an internet troll, said on some level it seemed unfair to fine him, etc... Said moral of the story if you mean it or don't or anywhere in between don't be a troll on Twitter. Even got in some stuff about the Elgin situation lol.

It's classic in as much as in good faith you know what Dave is trying to say he comes off completely wrong.

It's the classic Dave stop talking situation

He did also day he doesn'think there's anything wrong with minorities in the locker room not trusting or wanting to be around Sullivan so that's good at least lol
...oh...no...

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

Seems like TBS/TNT are getting rebranded a bit. TBS is getting dramas, TNT is going to be live sports/big events/movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.