• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
UK
Saori has top 5 joshi looks.

Possibly top 3.

All Ozaki-Gun have killer looks other than POLICE, heck most of the OZ looks are top notch when you also consider AKINO and Sonoko. I'm not sure anybody in Joshi can compete outside of Takumi and bath mat Hirota. Points to Yappy for having the best rookie look even though it looks like it would be hell to wrestle in her gear.

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
performance centers must've put out a memo because I've seen multiple staff members saying "WALTER vs. Pete Dunne 2 is the BIGGEST MATCH in NXT UK history!!"

No one cares, no one watches

Kind of funny that WWE put a spotlight on the UK scene but their own attempt at it seems to exist in a vacuum of interest

Slightconfuse

Oct 25, 2017
performance centers must've put out a memo because I've seen multiple staff members saying "WALTER vs. Pete Dunne 2 is the BIGGEST MATCH in NXT UK history!!"

No one cares, no one watches

Kind of funny that WWE put a spotlight on the UK scene but their own attempt at it seems to exist in a vacuum of interest

They have no clue what UK wrestling is about. They took all the cool atmosphere nand pit it through the WWE filter. It's so bad.

Also forgot NXT UK is a thing, it's just a vacuum cleaner

Oct 25, 2017
Grew up in Virginia so Texas BBQ is far too sweet for my tastes. Give me Carolina or Tennessee styles. I want to taste vinegar or mustard at the front. Also folks outside the south seem to underestimate a good dry rub and will instead bathe all barbecued meat in sauce like they were frosting a cake.

I eventually made my way to Arizona so I have some strongly held feelings on Mexican food. Tex Mex is fine. Sonoran is fine. But give me a good New Mexican, torta or mariscos joint. One of the few benefits of living in Phoenix is a diversity of available Mexican food styles. Even though all but one of my local wrestling feds suck at least I can get good eats.

I'm not from the south and I'll take a good rub + vinegar base over any sauce slop. I really dislike sweet sugary bbq.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still like 5 episodes behind on NXT UK. The wrestling's good but it's lacking in excitement. It just kinda comes and goes and doesn't leave that much of an impression.

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bit cheeky of Cody to call his match the best of the attitude era vs this era when he still wrestles like he's on Raw.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope The Wrestlers is even an iota as good as Dark Side of the Ring. The Brody episode is horrifying to watch but it's so well-crafted.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
After watching the Road to Double or Nothing video today, I think AEW's women's division stuff they are doing sucks. It's just not interesting. They have good characters but they've become reductive to this point.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was apple guy at first but yep, thats definitely Dean.

Ice Man onboard.

ow0P1Jz.gif

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Malenko looks old. He should always be a late 30 to 40 something year old dad who looks like he's stern, but very supportive and doesn't emotionally stunt his children.

tm24

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man fucking Erick Stevens can still fucking go. But then i remembered how much ROH faction wars sucked. Fucking The Resillience and No Remorse Corps and The Vulture Squad (i think this was Evan's weird stable?)

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
After watching the Road to Double or Nothing video today, I think AEW's women's division stuff they are doing sucks. It's just not interesting. They have good characters but they've become reductive to this point.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of how they've handled the buildup to the women's match. They feel like an afterthought or add-on compared to the buildup that the other matches on the card have gotten

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We need a genuine Taboo Tuesday/Cyber Sunday gimmick again. Make more use of social media and fan involvement. 24/7 title will be great for this, I just wonder who will be squashed for getting too over online by using their own creative power instead of WWE's

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
We need a genuine Taboo Tuesday/Cyber Sunday gimmick again. Make more use of social media and fan involvement. 24/7 title will be great for this, I just wonder who will be squashed for getting too over online by using their own creative power instead of WWE's
Those were like always bad. I don't remember a good one of those.

Deleted member 290

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man fucking Erick Stevens can still fucking go. But then i remembered how much ROH faction wars sucked. Fucking The Resillience and No Remorse Corps and The Vulture Squad (i think this was Evan's weird stable?)

I liked that commentary basically said without actually saying it "Gabe killed his love of wrestling". Faction Warfare was the fuckin WORST, and sure there were mitigating circumstances like guys getting signed, and pressure on Gabe to cut costs while still maintaining the product's quality in-spite of some major, major talent losses, but the idea seemed so ill-conceived, "let's just rip-off Dragon Gate badly!".

tm24

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I liked that commentary basically said without actually saying it "Gabe killed his love of wrestling". Faction Warfare was the fuckin WORST, and sure there were mitigating circumstances like guys getting signed, and pressure on Gabe to cut costs while still maintaining the product's quality in-spite of some major, major talent losses, but the idea seemed so ill-conceived, "let's just rip-off Dragon Gate badly!".
I would laugh if Stevens showed up in Evolve. I mean, he would kill it, but it's Gabe so who knows

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

There's no real angle/story/stakes going into the match. They're just (somewhat) trying to establish characters.

If anything, what they filmed at RISE: Legendary and showed on BTE took heat off what Kylie/Nyla did at the Vegas press conference.

They certainly could have flew Nyla out and have her wreck Kylie Rae v.s. Britt Baker at Warrior Wrestling 4 (Jessicka Havok did a run-in for a no-contest) or shown some footage of Kylie/Britt's match from Zelo Pro Wrestling, or filmed some more bits at all the indie shows SCU/Sammy Guevara/MJF were on with either Kylie Rae or Britt Baker, but that didn't happen.

My hope is that's an intentional choice to establish characters first and something happens during/after the match that spins off into something interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.