• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know you are brother , I just worked you

ShockedAlertAngora-size_restricted.gif

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Thomas Santell has been killing it on Uncharted.

Dude has been wrestling for almost 20 years. Hopefully he keeps the momentum.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yall have any wrestling toys when you were kids?

If so do you still have them? I found my old Rock and Big Show (circa 99) toys the other day. I Also sound some Taker and Austin framed pics I had.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man fucking Erick Stevens can still fucking go. But then i remembered how much ROH faction wars sucked. Fucking The Resillience and No Remorse Corps and The Vulture Squad (i think this was Evan's weird stable?)
Oh, come on, those were sterling compared to the Hangman Three.

The No Remorse Corps did have Roderick Strong, Davey Richards, and Rocky Romero at their dickhead best.

The Vulture Squad was goofy as fuck, which is what you'd expect from a faction led by Jack Evans and featuring Jigsaw, Ruckus, and Julius Smokes.

The Resilience was a flat nothing, which seems right for Austin Aries, Erick Stevens, and Matt Cross. Good to see Stevens back out there in 2019 though.

Ultimately, Gabe loved ripping off Dragon Gate so much that he formed DGUSA after his ass got fired.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Whoever ends up eliminating Santell from the discovery gauntlet, I'm not sure the crowd will let them leave the building alive.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Scrolling through my tv guide to see if I have Viceland and man do I have a lot of channels. I only watch like 10 total.

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
mattsdl don't know if you saw, the pre Queendom EVE show is in Brighton, at the Riptide venue

Venue is v close to the station so assuming it keeps to time, might be doable going back to London?
I'm definitely going, I'm flying into Gatwick so Brighton seems to be very easy to get to.

I'll have to check prices once I'm home but I'll probably stay the night in Brighton since hotels are probably cheaper there than in London.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Also OH SHIT DAVE HAS JINXED AEW FOREVERRRRR

The move will come three months after what is expected to be AEW's debut on ITV 4 in October with a regular live television show. The AEW deal is not official, but Cody strongly hinted at it on Being the Elite and Chris Jericho has talked about it on his podcast. ITV 4 will be airing both a Countdown like show for Double or Nothing on 5/24 and the one-hour Buy In show, as well as handle the PPV show in the U.K. market on ITV Box Office. The final deal is said to be not official until TNA decides whether to run the weekly two-hour live show on Tuesday or Wednesday nights. The hope is for ITV 4 to run the show live.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Aussie Aussie Aussie, oi oi oi!

New Japan World subscribers have hit 122,000 with good gains coming with the start of the Best of the Super Juniors tournament. An interesting note is that the two most-watched matches thus far have been Rocky Romero's matches with Will Ospreay and Robbie Eagles. Some of that is because Australia and the U.K. are in more favorable time slots than the U.S., but still, you'd think the Japanese bouts would dominate since Japan has the most subscribers. This has helped Eagles in the eyes of management. The new people who have signed up in the last week are mostly from Europe, not the U.S., or Japan, so there's a feeling Ospreay being in a key position has helped a lot. Eagles was said to be the most popular newcomer this year, with part of the reason believed that the fans are comfortable with him because he's half-Asian. His new Bullet Club T-shirt is the best selling Bullet Club shirt in Japan since the Young Bucks were taken out of the group. It was noted he's also getting over with women and children, similar to Juice Robinson, and women are a key demographic they are after

The good bad guy isn't in G1!
Tama Tonga won't be in this year's G-1 Climax tournament. He's booked on Defy shows on 7/26 and 7/27 in Seattle, which is in the middle of the tournament. He asked to be off the tournament this year

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
TOP ATE

This week's top eight were:
1. Money in the Bank;
2. WWE 24: Becky Lynch (airing right after MITB);
3. WWE Chronicle: Ali;
4. Money in the Bank pre-show;
5. Bret Hart-Tom Magee documentary;
6. Andre the Giant documentary;
7. WrestleMania 2019;
8. NXT from 5/15.

We only got a listing for the top eight most watched shows on the WWE Network last week, so don't know how shows like WWE U.K. or 205 Live did. Also, last week the listing ended up tabulated before Monday, earlier than usual.

The actual top two most-watched shows last week ended up being the Bret Hart-Tom Magee match and documentary at No. 1, and the HBO Andre the Giant documentary at No. 2, beating NXT that week.

The Magee-Hart documentary beating NXT and all the other shows and it beating the Andre doc debut which the company heavily promoted really speaks volumes about the interest in the legend of the Hart-Magee match. It pretty much shocks me, but tells you that the number of viewers of WWE network programming individual shows past the PPV shows probably isn't that high (also notable because of the lack of recognition to NXT wrestlers on main roster shows unless they are traveling fan shows) and that the Internet legend of Hart vs. Magee was far bigger than most believed

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Some notes about Takeover.

It's expected to sell out, which is kind of surprising considering it's in Bridgeport. lol

The company got some good news with the on-sale for the Bridgeport Takeover show. While not sold out, the advance for the 7,000 seat set up is strong and it look like it will either sell out or come very close. This would be the first Takeover in a major arena that wasn't the day before a major WWE PPV show. It's selling ahead of the pace of the AEW show in Jacksonville and the New Japan show in Dallas. While AEW Jacksonville isn't a major PPV-level show, it is still the biggest show that the company has tickets on sale for. AEW also doesn't have the whole card. New Japan hasn't announced a card for Dallas, but it is G-1 so you know you're getting at least five major singles matches and every major star in the heavyweight division

Riddle is expected to challenge for the NXT Title in Toronto

The plan right now is for the Cole vs. Gargano winner to defend against Riddle on the Takeover show in Toronto

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Dave talked about the talent not going to SA and their reasons

Says Bryan and Owens both refused to go. Bryan for the same reasons as last time and Owens because his family asked him not to go. When Owens told them he wasn't going, they didn't ask him why and told him there was no pressure on him to go so they took him off quickly.

Black and Zayn were WWE decisions. Zayn for the same reason as before. Black because of his tattoos with religious imagery. Dave says he doesn't know if WWE were told he couldn't go or if they are just being cautious.

Oct 25, 2017
The xiphoid process is the cartilaginous section at the lower end of the sternum, which is not attached to any ribs, and gradually ossifies during adult life.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Dave says the reason the 24/7 title exists is because of USA Network.

They want WWE to bring up ratings for the third hour of Raw, so they've been sending a bunch of terrible ideas to WWE. Vince felt like he had to take at least one of their ideas to keep them happy and the 24/7 title was the least bad, so he went with that one.

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017

They want WWE to bring up ratings for the third hour of Raw, so they've been sending a bunch of terrible ideas to WWE. Vince felt like he had to take at least one of their ideas to keep them happy and the 24/7 title was the least bad, so he went with that one.
Lmao

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017

A "24/7" belt targeting one hour on Monday night, that is definitely a stupid idea. I'd love to hear some of those other ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.