• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the Vliet interview, Cody mentions there won't be any Impact Zone like base where they film everything, says AEW is a traveling brand.

Reaffirms that show will be two hours and live.
So the schedule's tv + ppv's but no house shows I'm guessing. I can understand why that would attract people spooked by WWE's touring.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
D7Od5gMWwAEG1if.jpg

I'm sweating buckets over here

the state of my thirst, mate.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
They let that scrub Brandon Cutler get into the battle royale but deny a bonafide WCW former world champion like David Arquette?

Bucks are dead to me.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Upcoming WWE Japan tour card lineup was posted.

6/28:

Seth Rollins vs. Shinsuke Nakamura for the Universal Championship

Becky Lynch vs. Alexa Bliss for the RAW Women's Championship

AJ Styles, Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows vs. Drew McIntyre, Baron Corbin and Bobby Lashley

Samoa Joe vs. Ricochet vs. Cesaro

Braun Strowman vs. Robert Roode

The Iiconics vs. Kabuki Warriors for the WWE Womens Tag Team Championships

Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins vs. The Revival for the RAW Tag Team Championships

6/29:

Seth Rollins, Braun Strowman and AJ Styles vs. Drew McIntyre, Baron Corbin and Bobby Lashley

Becky Lynch vs. Asuka vs. Alexa Bliss for the RAW Women's Championship

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Robert Roode

Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins vs. The Revival vs. Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows for the RAW Tag Team Championships

Richochet vs. Cesaro

Seth vs Shinsuke could be real good. Shame it won't be televised.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I've found a few like the Big Boss Man and the LJN Hogan, Savage and Hillbilly Jim toys that I probably got from a yard sale, they're currently in a drawer next to me, I'm sure I got more around in a box or something somewhere, I use to have a few WCW toys too, a hard rubber Sting with black pants that for some reason I decided to give a black shirt to made out of electrical tape years before Crow Sting, I'm pretty sure I saw that not too long ago while looking for something else. Use to have the old blue Hasbro WWF ring too until it somehow got broken.

Yeah, Black probably wouldn't be taken too well over there by the religious nuts.
Which is ironic considering they love Kane and the Undertaker.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Just FYI, CIMA, El Lindaman, and T--Hawk have all tweeted within the past day or so about heading to Vegas, so it looks like the whole "visa issues causing another DoN match to be changed" thing wasn't actually a thing at all. All the foreign talent (minus PAC of course) seems to be accounted for.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Just FYI, CIMA, El Lindaman, and T--Hawk have all tweeted within the past day or so about heading to Vegas, so it looks like the whole "visa issues causing another DoN match to be changed" thing wasn't actually a thing at all. All the foreign talent (minus PAC of course) seems to be accounted for.

that rumor was about the Joshi match fwiw but Sakazaki being announced for Starrcast seems to have calmed those fears

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck, this means he's #21

Goddamn they're screwing this up way more than they should be

You figure...

Page vs. PAC

Kenny vs. Jericho

Were the two matches originally meant to decide who would face off for the AEW Championship. Then the Battle Royale determined the #1 Contender for whoever won.

But then PAC is gone. If there's no Moxley at this show, then you've got no worker who can believably replace PAC and satisfy people. So instead you move Page into the Battle Royale, and he wins that to face off against Omega for the title.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
But then PAC is gone. If there's no Moxley at this show, then you've got no worker who can believably replace PAC and satisfy people. So instead you move Page into the Battle Royale, and he wins that to face off against Omega for the title.

Here's what I see as the possibilities that could be satisfying:
  • Page in the Battle Royale, surprise comes out to confront him after he wins and match is made for the main card
  • Surprise in the Battle Royale, Page confronts him and match is made for the main card
  • Both surprise entrant & Page in Battle Royale, inconclusive finish sets up match on the main card
Basically you both need to have a surprise during the Battle Royale and still replace Pac/Hangman.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Canceling PAC vs Page and then shoving Page in the battle royal as 21 and thus depriving folks of a surprise there would be some peak carny booking lol.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I question the decision to leave Moxley a surprise until the night of the show. Cool it sold out, but this high-ass PPV? Don't they want insurance on that?
Part of the fun of wrestling used to be the big surprises. Anything could happen, who could show up, etc.

Those kind of died off for the most part after the Monday Night Wars ended.

I'd rather them keep some stuff secret until the show if they have any.

Deleted member 274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dave says the reason the 24/7 title exists is because of USA Network.

They want WWE to bring up ratings for the third hour of Raw, so they've been sending a bunch of terrible ideas to WWE. Vince felt like he had to take at least one of their ideas to keep them happy and the 24/7 title was the least bad, so he went with that one.
Lmao at "bunch of terrible ideas" and "Vince being forced to use the least bad idea" as if he had any kind of notion of what a bad idea was and wwe creative was this bastion of brilliant ideas, 24/7 is trash but it's infinitely better than pulling a swerve in your multi man ladder main event and having a non contestant win it

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I never mentioned anything about it yesterday because I got sidelined by hotdog talk that was far more entertaining than he ever was, but lolololol Ziggler
Double lolololol that the Ziggler and Kofi forever war has revived
Triple absolute lolololol at that Extreme Rules preview indicating that he's not just a 2 week filler for Blood Money and they'll actually continue using him for at least one more PPV

I know this is well worn ground, but I was this communities resident Ziggler loather before it was cool, gotta get my belated take in.

Should I check whatever promo he cut on Smackdown is like to see if it was the usual whiny shit where he claims to be the best for like 5 minutes and you get the sense he truly believes it?

Okay now back to your more promising graps talk

Which is ironic considering they love Kane and the Undertaker.
Kane transcends all barriers

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Part of the fun of wrestling used to be the big surprises. Anything could happen, who could show up, etc.

Those kind of died off for the most part after the Monday Night Wars ended.

I'd rather them keep some stuff secret until the show if they have any.

Agreed completely. When you have the chance to get people talking, it's dumb to play it safe with just one of your pals doing an injury angle on Youtube but being back now instead of something actually surprising. And it's not like there isn't actual surprising potential, there's 4 slots unknown in that battle royal. There's free time from a missing match now on the PPV. If Kenny wins he can always be attacked by someone because fuck having the gang all stand tall to close their show again

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I question the decision to leave Moxley a surprise until the night of the show. Cool it sold out, but this high-ass PPV? Don't they want insurance on that?
That's why he'd be on the free pre-show, to get people buzzing and a bigger audience to see it than the PPV itself. A pre-show that actually means something and isn't just jobbermania.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
They should just bring in Thomas Santell and have him wrestle someone for thirty minutes.

Match of the night guaranteed.

Deleted member 290

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They really should've pulled out all the stops to get a 6-man tag with the Chinese OWE guys - the casual fans who've seen clips of OWE want to see similar crazy kung-fu shit in person, instead they're getting T-Hawk, Lindaman & CIMA. And I'm sure it'll be a fine match, but it's not going to be a game changer like the Mania week DG 6-man tag in ROH back in the day.

Also, Hangman should've listened to Tanahashi.

Status
Not open for further replies.