• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
1) That's my American wrestling show of the year and my PPV of the decade

2) Kip/Sammy started at 7:30PM Eastern. Jericho/Kenny didn't get slow until the nose break after 11:20PM Eastern. The crowd a) never lost its hype throughout that period, b) helped Me lose my sense of time, and c) never once did a what chant out of boredom

3) I can't imagine ever watching another WWE product, and if AEW goes under I'm pulling a 2001-WCW-fan and dropping out of the business entirely rather than crawling back to the king that stands tall. This was a gift, and I'm dying with it

4) they listened to me about putting Jericho over Kenny this time <3

5) MOXLEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
1) That's my American wrestling show of the year and my PPV of the decade

2) Kip/Sammy started at 7:30PM Eastern. Jericho/Kenny didn't get slow until the nose break after 11:20PM Eastern. The crowd a) never lost its hype throughout that period, b) helped Me lose my sense of time, and c) never once did a what chant out of boredom

3) I can't imagine ever watching another WWE product, and if AEW goes under I'm pulling a 2001-WCW-fan and dropping out of the business entirely rather than crawling back to the king that stands tall. This was a gift, and I'm dying with it

4) they listened to me about putting Jericho over Kenny this time <3

5) MOXLEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
They nailed it.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
D7dteM6UYAADD9Q.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
UK
That was some pretty good 'merican Wrasslin'. Props to Cody and Dustin for putting on the second match of the night when I had zero faith in it.

ChucklesB

Nov 4, 2017
They just got to tighten up the event a bit more, as well as the other window dressing stuff like camerawork and commentary, and they really can go big places. They're already set up to go big places either way, but just shortening the show and tightening the presentation a smidge more will really make it sing.

Awesome show, and a great first impression for the promotion. Got some good ECW vibes from it in terms of how it's thinking about being different in the American landscape.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
Apart from the King's Road endless false finish bullshit from the Young Bucks like usual that was a fucking incredible PPV and amazing coming out party.

Can't wait for the TV show. There were moments where the camera was wide and it felt like I was watching a WCW show from back in the day. Magical.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i need money so I can buy everyone's merch.

Man, I am so excited for wrestling again. I've come close to tears, I've audibly reacted a few times throughout the night and I BARELY KNOW ANY OF THESE PEOPLE. CHRIST. I cared about damn near every match and at least one person in them through bare minimal knowledge. Yet WWE has hundreds of hours a week. Insane.

I'm curious how they respond to that, be it digs or actually trying to step up (LOL). I don't know how anyone on WWE's roster can watch that show and not want the fuck out.

AEW RULEZ. I'll echo the sentiment that if they go under, I'm going down too like a WCW faithful.

EMBee99

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
That was the best wrestling event of the last 20 years and paints a very bright future for AEW.

Lots of wrestlers became stars tonight and some stars became legends.

At the very least, they better sign fucking Luchasaurus.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

Man, I am so excited for wrestling again. I've come close to tears, I've audibly reacted a few times throughout the night and I BARELY KNOW ANY OF THESE PEOPLE. CHRIST. I cared about damn near every match and at least one person in them through bare minimal knowledge. Yet WWE has hundreds of hours a week. Insane.

I'm curious how they respond to that, be it digs or actually trying to step up (LOL). I don't know how anyone on WWE's roster can watch that show and not want the fuck out.

AEW RULEZ. I'll echo the sentiment that if they go under, I'm going down too like a WCW faithful.

I audibly popped when moxley appeared on camera and let out a WHAT THE HELL'S HE DOIN HERE followed by a good ol GET THE CAMERA OFF HIM

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017

Gotta agree on all fronts. I literally stood up multiple times and had audible, animated reactions. Haven't been this excited about pro wrestling in years.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Do you think Fénix ever gets annoyed that he's putting on some of the most athletically impressive performances in the world then all Penta has to contribute to win over the crowd is hugging opponent in the corner whilst doing the Cero Miedo taunt?

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gwt rid of JR and that other dude and bring in two decent commentators.

Omega needs a better entrance tune

Make the cam work a lil better

And it will be a 9/10 show

The wrestling was the best I have ever seen

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Excalibur deserves a heck of a lot of credit for carrying that commentary. Throw in somebody who could compliment him and you'd have the best team in years.

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
Was a decent show. Sounded like the crowd mic got turned up when Moxley turned up. WWE isn't letting ANYONE out of their contract as easily as he got out, now lol.

JR was better than expected and makes a good team with Excal. 3rd dude was horrendous and apparently a friend of Tony Khan? Dear God, he was bad.

Joshi match was pretty good. Both tag matches were pretty good, but too many near falls / too long of a match with YBs / Lucha Bros. Omega / Jericho match was as good as could be expected with an over the hill Jericho.

Still not a fan of Britt Baker, but they got that out of the way early.

I'm still unconvinced as to AEW as a whole, though, because this was just a "special", like All-In was. The real test isn't until they have to do this week in, week out, every week.

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Excalibur deserves a heck of a lot of credit for carrying that commentary. Throw in somebody who could compliment him and you'd have the best team in years.

I'm a pretty big critic of Ross' work post Attitude Era, and he was actually pretty good tonight. But they cannot bank on him forever. Excalibur was great, the Alex guy was the drizzling shits. He was just not impressed with anything, and (PRETTY SURE IT WAS HIM) HE WAS COUGHING ON THE MIC ALL FUCKING NIGHT. I can't remember when but I remember him coughing while JR was talking and JR nearly reacted to it, I could swear lol

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Same.

I'm fucking done if AEW goes under.

I'll sub NJPW every once in awhile but AEW is my last hope for American wrestling at this point.

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think Fénix ever gets annoyed that he's putting on some of the most athletically impressive performances in the world then all Penta has to contribute to win over the crowd is hugging opponent in the corner whilst doing the Cero Miedo taunt?

Pairing a good wrestler with someone charismatic is how you make money.

Deleted member 274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The most hilarious thing in my mind is that WWE signs everyone and their dog to kill all potential competition and even with a middling roster they manage to put on one of the best shows of the last few years.

Imagine if/when some of the indie stars stuck on the Largo loop making 55k get out of their contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.