• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, WWE have pushed themselves into a Lose/Lose situation on Monday. Either:

• Brock doesn't cash in again (what a swerve!) and they lose even more of what trust and goodwill they have left.
  • Brock does cash in, and that's the second year in a row the MITB cash-in is pre-planned and completely ruins the surprise aspect, which is a large part of the excitement surrounding it.

They tease him cashing in for the 3rd straight week and don't do it they'll drop to a 1.0.

deli

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly given nxt I'd love HHH to take over for a month too to prove a point. Vince has too much control and far too many writers.HHH isnt goldnin my eyes but I've always thought hes better than Vince. Especially current Vince.

I mean sure it would be better than what we have now, but NXT's booking isn't exactly airtight and I think extrapolating that to 5+ hours of content a week would expose those flaws a lot more. Also, better than current Vince is maybe the lowest bar you could conceive of.

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Realistically he's not in the G1, right? Gedo plans forever in advance, he probably already knew who he wanted in the G1 after New Year's Dash, no?

Also, a thing that stood out to me about that interview is Wade asking if Vince cared more about the stories or if he cared about the actual wrestling on his wrestling show. Jon responds and says roughly, "If your match told a story--like you worked the leg or a specific bodypart, Vince would like those matches. He doesn't care about the moves or like the "wrestling wrestling", as long as there's a story he's into it. I saw guys come back after basically tearing the house down in my eyes, and Vince would call the match terrible, say it was the worst thing he'd ever seen."

Vince confirmed as an anti-MOVEZ guy.

This is why you always have Yoshi-Hashi planned for the G1. If someone like a Mox pops up, you can always replace Yoshi-Hashi and folks will be happy. (I don't think Mox is going to be in G1 though)

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Moxley G1 would be a helluva brand builder for aew just to showcase what hes capable of. Not wanting him to go over the tourney mind you, but it's always packed with great ring workers of all styles. You really see the brand pushed at it every year.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Cornette getting angry over Luchasaurus when he's worked for one company that had a guy in a glitter stormtrooper helmet and the other had a turkey man hatch out of an egg is just ridiculous. I'm not saying he had anything to do with either of those gimmicks, but my point is the line has long been crossed for decades, Luchasaurus isn't anything thats beyond the pale in that regard. Cornette is just angry man yelling at clouds. It was real to him dammit, and people wanted to kill him. that was never going to last into the 90s and the internet age. Pro wrestling was always going to get exposed when there is that much exposure.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
The re-shuffle for the semi-finals.
The 2nd round matches are:
Maki Itoh vs Natsumi Maki
Yuna Manase vs Rika Tatsumi
Yuka Sakazaki vs Miu Watanabe
Shoko Nakajima vs MIzuki

The first two are happening next week and on the same show is the tag titles match of Magical Sugar Rabbits vs NEO Biishiki-gun.

Natsumi/Mizuki final would be awesome. But they wouldn't have Shoko lose clean in the QF would they?

WMBT27

Oct 25, 2017
I realised after posting what Option 3 is:
  • Brock goes to cash in, but the attempt is interrupted by Corbin/Ziggler/The 24/7 Parade, so he takes the briefcase away again.

If I had to bet, this is 100% where I would put my money. Cash-in gets prevented by Corbin (or Ziggler depending) because they have the next shot and don't want to wrestle Brock.

Oct 25, 2017
So, Liv Morgan? Sarah Logan?
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.