• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
If its any consolation for the WWE, sinking ratings might take AEW down with them.

So hey, at least theres that.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
The From software esque fan theories into the hidden lore of Moxley's escape vid is the best piece of WWE related programming right now, it arguably counts as WWE content because of the on the nose but still completely appropriate SYMBOLISM and I'm sure WWE have that lone dog that seems kinda big trademarked or something.

Speaking of dogs, the D-O-DOUBLE G-less smackdown may truly be the end of an era.
leave the memories alone...

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any shoot stuff I heard Moxley in he always was very much in it for the expressive, creative, artistic side so I'd say he is absolutely bursting with energy now that he has carte blanche.

Very excited to see if he can shake off the malaise the blood money wrestling company lay upon him.
d2500d039b4963cf90c477b156668b24.gif

Is he bringing back the pink hair though?
giphy.gif

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
I cancelled my Network sub when the second Saudi event happened. When the McMahons appeared on TV and said changes were happening, I gave it a deadline of Wrestlemania. I'm now the most despondent at the weekly show I've been since the "Tater Tots" era of Roman/Sheamus. Plus, Saudi show No. 3 is on the cards.

I've been of the mindset that I'd check out Double Or Nothing as I quite enjoyed All In, and I'm interested in some of the AEW signings.

If AEW have indeed gotten Jon Moxley, that could be the tipping point I need (If Double Or Nothing isn't a shitshow). After Damien Sandow, Dean Ambrose was my next instant favourite, back when he still gave a damn and had that fire in his eyes.

Next few weeks are going to be interesting.

Oct 26, 2017
UK

Damn. Was looking forward to that triple thread High Speed title match with Hazuki and Starlight Kid.

Poor AZM, at least she has Kagetsu to look after her. Given both Mayu and AZM are out with aggravated injuries I hope they start reconsidering their day/night shows.

QQ is now Momo, Leo, and Hina. Further proof Momo is the worst leader.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

Cauliflower Alley Club in Las Vegas

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how Turner could use this against them.

Hopefully they're still as stupid as everyone else is thats throwing around live tv deals like candy.
Hopefully, I agree. Right now is a great moment for value of wrestling from outside sources, but eventually the rubber is going to meet the road so I hope a promotion, whichever one shakes out, makes a very strong showing.

msboo001

Oct 25, 2017
Happy for Jon Mickey and looking forward to seeing what a indie / deathmatch of his is like.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Vince injecting that poison and then bailing out of the business to XFL 2, leaving a wrecked industry in his wake, a true carny move.

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wrestling had a limited shelf life from the moment that carny piece of shit put everyone else out of business. For better or worse, WWE *is* wrestling in America and most of the world, and when WWE eventually (deservedly) goes down the pan, so will wrestling at large.

Fuck Vince.

Oct 25, 2017
Wrestling had a limited shelf life from the moment that carny piece of shit put everyone else out of business. For better or worse, WWE *is* wrestling in America and most of the world, and when WWE eventually (deservedly) goes down the pan, so will wrestling at large.

Fuck Vince.
Weird question, besides Zandig of course who would you have rather had America put all their money and time behind that'd make a better product and have the required vision it takes to be good at being a promoter? Assuming there has to be one giant company, of course. Let's be real. Consolidation is the only way to grow at a point.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Moxley better not spend all his time screwing around in CZW (which apparently is still a thing).

Go to GCW for god's sake, man.

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This is something important. If "wrestling" has a perceived declined and empty value, it hurts everyone.

If Vince can't have it he's taking it all down with him

Honestly milking the industry for money while utterly destroying it and leaving it more or less unsalvageable in his wake would be the ultimate Vince move

Status
Not open for further replies.